PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Soundbites from Bill Belichick...are these even new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Reiss posted a blog entry: Soundbites from Bill Belichick.

It's been a while since we've heard extensively from BB, so I couldn't help but post a few for nostalgia. There are even a few classics. Check out the link for all the soundbites.

If he has an idea where Patriots players are training wise. “We haven’t talked to them.”

Is he more involved in draft preparation than years past? “In the past, we would have an offseason program going on right about now – on the 21st of March. Whatever this week is, it would start this week or next week. We’d be preparing for it or we’d be in the beginning stages of it. So we’re not.”

Do those picks increase in value? “I don’t know. I think they are important.”

On the team’s No. 28 overall draft pick being available in a trade. “I don’t know. We’ve traded them before. We haven’t traded them.”

His philosophy on trading draft picks. “My philosophy is to try to do what’s best for the football team. Plain and simple.”

On being reluctant to trade up. “We’ve traded up before.”

Does he view the Patriots as being in good shape to handle the lockout? “I don’t really know about the other 31 teams. I just try to coach our team and whatever we can do we’ll do the best we can with.”

Does he agree that a team not installing a new offensive or defensive system have an advantage? “I don’t know.”

In all fairness, he does go a bit more in-depth on some of the coaching changes the team has made. But it's good to see BB hasn't developed any rust when it comes to schmoozing the media during the lock-out.

Reiss posted a blog entry: Soundbites from Bill Belichick.

It's been a while since we've heard extensively from BB, so I couldn't help but post a few for nostalgia. There are even a few classics. Check out the link for all the soundbites.

In all fairness, he does go a bit more in-depth on some of the coaching changes the team has made. But it's good to see BB hasn't developed any rust when it comes to schmoozing the media during the lock-out.

Fascinating insights, thanks.

Yeah, nothing we've never heard before :lol2:

On being reluctant to trade up. “We’ve traded up before.”

I would like someone to debunk this theory. I read somewhere, and my numbers may be off a little as I am going off memory, but I believe BB has traded up 15 times and back 30 times (numbers are rounded).

My question is over the last decade has any team traded up more than 15 times?

I would like someone to debunk this theory. I read somewhere, and my numbers may be off a little as I am going off memory, but I believe BB has traded up 15 times and back 30 times (numbers are rounded).

My question is over the last decade has any team traded up more than 15 times?

Someone on one of the radio shows looked it up and said hes traded up 15 times and down 25 times, so our numbers are pretty close. Im not sure why everyone thinks he always trades down, he does more than up but not all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back