PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sound FX: Colts at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with Zolak? He sounds like Macho man savage.

"You know what's the best drive? The next drive!" —Minitron

"You know what's the best drive? The next drive!" —Minitron

Good to see Brady's "next one/best one" attitude rubbing off on Edelman :)

Thank you for posting this, nabwong.

Good to see Brady's "next one/best one" attitude rubbing off on Edelman :)

Thank you for posting this, nabwong.

OTOH, now I think I understand why Brady called him a "spaz" earlier this season. :lol:

zolak sucks

Love it. Edelman is a fiery little dude. Time to play 8 quarters of our best football.

Several things come to mind after watching:

-- I realize that it's a passing league and that the other team is going to get theirs too, but a couple of those TD throws our guys were pretty beat. Let's hope they step it up a bit on the longer, downfield throws. Manning can certainly take advantage of those under the right conditions. Our secondary is going to need to be at their best for any kind of shot, so even though they played well for the most part--we're going to need to see even better. As a whole, it's great to see our secondary healthier than we've seen in awhile, and their closer, shorter field coverage seems to be fine. My concern is that Manning won't make as many mistakes as Luck did.

--I love the hype Cory Redding added for Indy. Boy, time and time again, he really tried his best to get them going. I remember seeing his pregame speech and thinking "damn.." They seemed to be pretty pumped up, just couldn't overcome our running game, along with Luck's mistakes. We also have to remember that this was one heck of a game halfway through the 3rd quarter until the last 2 touchdowns. It seemed like everytime we thought we had the momentum, Luck and the Colts would come right back. Sunday is going to test my nerves badly one way or another.

--It was great to see our improved LB coverage. That would go a long, long way towards helping with Welker, J.Thomas, and possibly even Decker at times. It was good to see Hightower step up and take advantage of good timing and quick reflexes on the bobbled ball. Oh boy--would it be great to see Collins have another good outing!

--I would have liked to see Slater break it down in the locker room afterwards. I wonder if they dedicated a gameball to Sam Berns, considering that he just passed earlier that morning?

OTOH, now I think I understand why Brady called him a "spaz" earlier this season. :lol:

Love it. Edelman is a fiery little dude.

After reading someone's comments about his QB days at Kent St where the WR kept running the wrong route etc, and Edelman ran down the field and pummeled him, I'm guessing yes--he has spaz potential for sure.

Maybe I'm hearing things but I swear Redding said NFC Championship.

Maybe I'm hearing things but I swear Redding said NFC Championship.

Nah, I think it I distinctly heard AFC Championship :cool:

Either way....they didn't make it.

Cool how Scar sought out Luck just to tell him "you'll be a champion in this league someday."

Cool how Scar sought out Luck just to tell him "you'll be a champion in this league someday."

And he's probably right too. I certainly wouldn't bet against it over the next 12+ or so years. He's a special talent for sure. He doesn't have it all together, but I bet he continues to improve.

Scarnecchia's a pretty special guy too, while we're at it.

Wow it's not until you see the game from those angles that you realize how flippin' fast Julian Edelman is.

Wow it's not until you see the game from those angles that you realize how flippin' fast Julian Edelman is.

Not really. He's basically got one move and one gear. Not like Welker who has tons of moves and speeds ;)

(disclaimer: I would rather still have seen WWW stay. I'm just joking around due to the recent Mike Adams comments)

Edelman really does remind me of Brady in a smaller, faster frame. Those two seem to be best friends, I think Brady will try his best to get the front office to keep Edelman this offseason.

I like Zolak better when he announces games, and less on talk radio... a tad more energetic than Gino...

Love the, "Blount Force Trauma" comment...

What was Ridley yapping about? Something about a 40 time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots