PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorta OT: Ines Sains Wont Do Locker Room Interviews Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there needs to be a middle ground. Maybe Ines likes to be the center of attention whether it is positive or negative but IMO she didn't deserve harassment. No one one wakes up in the morning and dresses themselves to be attacked by individuals. There is no mandate against certain apparel reporters wear and it's subjective to assume her outfit should cause sexual conflict in a working environment.

I don't think she dressed herself specifically to be harassed. Nor have I ever said that in this thread. But, on the same token, I think she's smart enough to have understood that her outfit, combined with the way she looked (gorgeous), would have garnered a different kind of attention.

I don't think she dressed herself specifically to be harassed. Nor have I ever said that in this thread. But, on the same token, I think she's smart enough to have understood that her outfit, combined with the way she looked (gorgeous), would have garnered a different kind of attention.

Now here is where there is a problem....... Ines has no control over her looks and physical attributes. One could agree that even if she dressed in a cloth sack there still would be an adverse reaction.

Now here is where there is a problem....... Ines has no control over her looks and physical attributes. One could agree that even if she dressed in a cloth sack there still would be an adverse reaction.

And if that happened, then the Jets players would be 100% at fault for this. However, that didn't happen and she didn't do anything to help herself.

And if that happened, then the Jets players would be 100% at fault for this. However, that didn't happen and she didn't do anything to help herself.

The Jets players are 100% at fault either way. If Ines is put on this professional standard these NFL "Professional" athletes sit beside her.
As we all know there actually is a player conduct policy unlike a mandated dress code.

I have to disagree here. I'm fairly certain that there have been many controlled scientific studies done that show that the way a person (male or female) dresses results in a big difference in the way others act towards them. And I'm pretty sure that disparity is much larger for women.

Right or wrong, you dress in a way that accentuates you body, you get treated one way. Dress more conservatively - think stereotype mortgage banker or accountant, for example - and the very same person gets treated with much more respect while the lewd comment drop to zero.

The Jets players are 100% at fault either way. If Ines is put on this professional standard these NFL "Professional" athletes sit beside her.
As we all know there actually is a player conduct policy unlike a mandated dress code.
Agreed. She could have been wearing the skimpiest short dress and a sheer see through blouse, it doesn't matter; she couldn't be there unless the team and the NFL said it was okay, in which case the players and coaches have no choice but to treat her the same way they would any other reporter.

I have to disagree here. I'm fairly certain that there have been many controlled scientific studies done that show that the way a person (male or female) dresses results in a big difference in the way others act towards them. And I'm pretty sure that disparity is much larger for women.

Right or wrong, you dress in a way that accentuates you body, you get treated one way. Dress more conservatively - think stereotype mortgage banker or accountant, for example - and the very same person gets treated with much more respect while the lewd comment drop to zero.

And it's probably scientifically proven that if a child looks or acts a certain way they are at higher risk of being bullied.... What exactly is your point?

Just because it DOES happen does not mean it SHOULD happen. Good grief, this stuff is so simple for any rational person.

There is a difference from being hit on or getting attention, and being harassed.

I don't think there is anything that Ines could where that doesn't accentuate her body. The study may have some merit but regardless of what someone wheres there is no grounds for sexual harassment. She wasn't running around naked humping their legs.

Regardless of what I think about the Jets, this woman is ridiculous and has only herself to blame. If she doesn't wanna be treated like a wh*re, then don't wear the uniform of a wh*re.
burqa.jpg

Would this represent acceptable female dress for an interview in an NFL locker room UofApatsfan?

Last edited:

Now you're changing your tone from two posts ago, and you're not even really making sense anymore. No party is 100% (completely) at fault if there "needs to be a middle ground". Yes, the Jets players needed to abide by the conduct policy and act accordingly toward a female journalist. Yes, Ines Sainz should have dressed more professionally given what her job was. As I said before, it takes two to tango.

Now you're changing your tone from two posts ago, and you're not even really making sense anymore. No party is 100% (completely) at fault if there "needs to be a middle ground". Yes, the Jets players needed to abide by the conduct policy and act accordingly toward a female journalist. Yes, Ines Sainz should have dressed more professionally given what her job was. As I said before, it takes two to tango.

This isn't a tango, good grief you are twisted.

burqa.jpg

Would this represent acceptable female dress for an interview in an NFL locker room UofApatsfan?

What is the uniform of a whor-e anyways?

And it's probably scientifically proven that if a child looks or acts a certain way they are at higher risk of being bullied.... What exactly is your point?

Just because it DOES happen does not mean it SHOULD happen. Good grief, this stuff is so simple for any rational person.

There is a difference from being hit on or getting attention, and being harassed.
Let me clarify: I never said it was right, nor did I think it was right - similar to your analogies (which I agree with.)

I was responding to the previous comment by TB=TD, in which he stated Ines has no control over her looks and physical attributes. One could agree that even if she dressed in a cloth sack there still would be an adverse reaction.

I believe instead that she does have control over the way she looks - and as a result the way people will respond to her. I'm not condoning or excusing those responses; that's a completely separate issue.

What is the uniform of a whor-e anyways?
Like any profession there's different classes within that employment sector isn't there.

Bigots are bigots.

The middle ground should be a ruling from Roger Godell but it didn't happen. How can anyone argue that taunting a female reporter can be only done half way? There is no Reporter dress code policy but there is an NFL player version. Ines's outfit is subjective unlike the players actions. What is so hard to understand?`

Give me two out of three for $500, Alex. Inez because she should have dressed a bit more accordingly for what she was doing, and the Jets players because they should have behaved a lot better than they did.

Such is the problem with this country nowadays, though. People think that there's only one right and one wrong side to everything when, the vast majority of the time, that's just not the case. It takes two to tango. That saying pretty much sums up this instance.

The only way that this situation would truly be 100% the Jets players' fault is if she came in dressed in a pants suit with a sports jacket, in other words looking like a professional, and the Jets players STILL did what they did.
Greetings,
I agree. People do not take the time to truly analyze things. They run with the first media report they see and run with it.
Peace,
Celticboy04

I don't think there is anything that Ines could where that doesn't accentuate her body.
I have to disagree. Dress like 99% of the business women you see in any city and you get a different response.

The study may have some merit but regardless of what someone wheres there is no grounds for sexual harassment. She wasn't running around naked humping their legs.
Separate issue. No, the harassment is neither condoned nor excused. Just suggesting that there is is a good chance it could have been prevented in the first place by simply dressing more business-like, more conservatively.

I have to disagree. Dress like 99% of the business women you see in any city and you get a different response.

Have you seen any pictures of this women? Also, a wardrobe can only create the images in your mind. If that happens to lead to heckling and confrontational behavour it's on you. There is no dress code as well.

Separate issue. No, the harassment is neither condoned nor excused. Just suggesting that there is is a good chance it could have been prevented in the first place by simply dressing more business-like, more conservatively.

Once again, dressing a certain way should not cause conflict when no one protested against her outfit.

Last edited:
Agreed. She could have been wearing the skimpiest short dress and a sheer see through blouse, it doesn't matter; she couldn't be there unless the team and the NFL said it was okay, in which case the players and coaches have no choice but to treat her the same way they would any other reporter.

Good point, the Jets' management ushered her onto the field and into the lockerroom without suggesting a change of clothes. It's crazy, really. How could they not realize that her apparel held such overwhelming sexual power that it would inevitably cause every grown man in the building to lose control and not be responsible for his actions?

(Oh, wait -- maybe it's because her outfit was SO much tamer than any NFL cheerleader's? Nah, I'm pretty sure nobody on the Jets had ever seen tight pants before.)

Seriously, it's the HR allegations that sound the most serious to me, and only because of that context that the great Tight Pants Meltdown matters so much.

The middle ground should be a ruling from Roger Godell but it didn't happen.

Since when can Roger Goodell impose sanctions or punishments on Azteca TV reporters, or any reporter for that matter? He can only punish HIS employees. The only people in this situation that fall into that catagory are the Jets and their coaches.

How can anyone argue that taunting a female reporter can be only done half way?

That's simply an incorrect way to put it, and it stems from using failed logic. Once again, both sides could have done more to help themselves. Not sure how I can explain that to you any easier, especially since you admitted as much yourself a couple of posts ago.

There is no Reporter dress code policy but there is an NFL player version.

And how is that relevant, at all, to the discussion at hand?

Ines's outfit is subjective unlike the players actions. What is so hard to understand?`

Yes it is. She chose to wear it. Now, there are only one or two conclsuions that can be drawn here. The first is that she has a brain between her ears and knew beforehand that her attire would garner some different kind of attention. The second was that she had no idea and is therefore a complete idiot. Which do you think is more likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes