PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorta OT: Ines Sains Wont Do Locker Room Interviews Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube - Tom Brady's Super Bowl Wedding Proposal -- not from Gisele

Who do you think was the most popular "journalist" with the Patriots that day?

Just saying, TV Azteca knows what they are doing, they have a history, and sooner or later something like this was going to happen. Does it make what the Jets did right? No. But who's the real bad guy here? TV Azteca.

This thread probably belongs in the political forum.

YouTube - Tom Brady's Super Bowl Wedding Proposal -- not from Gisele

Who do you think was the most popular "journalist" with the Patriots that day?

Just saying, TV Azteca knows what they are doing, they have a history, and sooner or later something like this was going to happen. Does it make what the Jets did right? No. But who's the real bad guy here? TV Azteca.

The "real" bad guy here are the Jets players/coaches that went overboard. End of discussion. Honestly, any piece of blame you place elsewhere is to say that there is some right in harassment.

If you wanted to go up the blame chain to absolve the Jets you can keep going and ask yourself why TV Azteca would make that decision. It's certainly not bad for business.

I have kinda lost track of this story.

Just what did the Jets do exactly that was sexual harassment?

Anybody?

The popularity of this board over the past couple years has brought in whole gang of child men who cannot give a s--t about sexism. These guys--they are not men--would rather be locked up than even come close to using the word "women." When it comes to racism, these sames bullies of women, are very cautious about racism, knowing that black men might actually fight back.

Amazing too that these sports boards are so absolutely male, esp when compared to the spectator ratio at the real games. It can be very disgusting and is the reason why the level of talk can be so puerile and even infantile.

What a terribly thought out post. First of all, it's not sexism to say that a Sains and Sterger were dressing both suggestively and unprofessionally. It is not sexist to wonder what they thought the reaction was going to be when they walked into the locker room or onto the field dressed like that. It's not sexism to suggest that these situations could have easily been avoided had both sides done things differently. In the Jets case, they could have acted like gentlemen when she walked on the field. In her case, she could have dressed a bit more professionally. And what the hell does racism have to do with this? Completely irrelevant. Perhaps you might want to rethink your point and come back with a stronger, more relevant argument?

There is no specific journalistic dress code. Has she ever been banned from reporting in any location? Or fired for indecent exposure in a working environment? And that ginger Nichols has no soul.

No, but there's a professional dress code. Erin Andrews, Rachel Nichols, Bonnie Bernstein, and the like all abide by it. Why? Because they are professionals. Sterger and Sains definitely did not. Because they didn't, they shouldn't have been surprised by the reactions that they got.

Also, how is calling Nichols a "ginger" any better than what the people who are criticizing Sains' outfit have been doing throughout this thread?

OK, Sterger and Sains employers are the ones who dressed them that way, get it? It was their job.

The reason their employers dressed them that way was for fans watching in the stands or on tv to LOOK. To catch some attention, so their message could be delivered. Again, its their job. It was not for other employees to grope, mouth off, expose themselves or act like morons. Nor was it so these morons could use other employees to gain private access to these women.

Oh please. While you're right that the employers probably had more control over it than we know, I highly doubt that they would have risked a potential high profile lawsuit by forcing these women to dress like that had they not wanted to. Furthermore, why would they care what the fans would be looking at? This was a cheap ploy to gain locker room access and notoriety for a smaller television network and it worked to perfection. You can't honestly tell me that if that woman had dressed more professionally, the Jets would have done the exact same thing. They wouldn't have. Best case scenario, they would have pointed, said "look at her... damn" (or something along those lines), and went back to work.

I'm floored that there is this much cheap sexism here. I started this thread to point the difference out between what their organization has done and what ours did in 2007. And the huge difference in severity of the crimes, which should result in much more devastating punishment to be fair and even.

But reading many of these responses, the Jests are prolly gonna get away with this.

Where has sexism been committed in this thread? Nobody claimed that these women were any worse at their jobs because of their sex. On the other hand, people on your side are calling women like Nichols a "ginger with no soul". I guess that's better? :ugh:

No, but there's a professional dress code. Erin Andrews, Rachel Nichols, Bonnie Bernstein, and the like all abide by it. Why? Because they are professionals. Sterger and Sains definitely did not. Because they didn't, they shouldn't have been surprised by the reactions that they got.

Also, how is calling Nichols a "ginger" any better than what the people who are criticizing Sains' outfit have been doing throughout this thread?

A professional dress code is dictated by your employer not some standard of morality. If Ines didn't abide by her so called code why was there no punishment brought upon her? Unless of course the players heckling was damaging enough? Harassment shouldn't be caused by a clothing preference regardless.

Gingers don't have souls, it's been proven.

A professional dress code is dictated by your employer not some standard of morality. If Ines didn't abide by her so called code why was there no punishment brought upon her? Unless of course the players heckling was damaging enough? Harassment shouldn't be caused by a clothing preference regardless.

Some cultures might even argue that American's view of "proper" business dress code is "whorish".

People need to stop trying to justify their actions.

And, once again, why would her employer risk a high profile lawsuit by forcing her to dress like that at the expense of her job if she wasn't willing to go along for the ride as well?

Last edited:
And, once again, why would her employer risk a high profile lawsuit by forcing her to dress like that at the expense of her job if she wasn't willing to go along for the ride as well?

A risk of being fired? Have you ever seen TV Azteca?

Some cultures might even argue that American's view of "proper" business dress code is "whorish".

People need to stop trying to justify their actions.

And she doesn't work for an American company so their views are allowed to be different. Isn't it also funny that the NFL never had a problem letting her in those locker rooms.......

And she doesn't work for an American company so their views are allowed to be different. Isn't it also funny that the NFL never had a problem letting her in those locker rooms.......

Usually when you don't want to change your behavior/opinion it's easiest to blame the victim.

And, on the same token, you think that Sains was dressed professionally for the job that she was about to do? If that's the case, then why don't we see Erin Andrews and Rachel Nichols on the sidelines with their cleavage hanging out of their shirts, stomachs clearly showing, and ultra tight jeans?

That's an easy one: because Andrews and Nichols are football sideline reporters, and Ines Sains isn't. She's an entertainment reporter who was at practice to do a general-interest piece on Sanchez as a Latino athlete. Different job, different uniform.

Getting back to the initial premise of the thread: it was obviously tongue-in-cheek, and of course these weren't football infractions that affected competitive balance. BUT...

Consider that players, and thus their teams, regularly pay football penalties in the form of suspensions for off-field transgressions that reflect poorly on the league -- especially a pattern of such behavior. We now have accusations of a pattern of sexual harassment implicating Jets players, coaches, and front-office personnel. (The most serious, IMO, are the accusations that FO guys gave players female employees' personal contact info from HR records. That's a HUGE no-no.) Clearly, this has all reflected poorly on the league. So seriously, why not football sanctions?

Obviously Inez Sainz was trying to attract Mark Sanchez.She had the tightest jeans.Very scrumptious:rolleyes:

A risk of being fired? Have you ever seen TV Azteca?

I didn't say "fired". I said "lawsuit", which she could have easily leveled at them had they forced her to dress like that. She went along with it because she had no problem with doing it and, thus, shouldn't have been surprised at the reactions she got.

That's an easy one: because Andrews and Nichols are football sideline reporters, and Ines Sains isn't. She's an entertainment reporter who was at practice to do a general-interest piece on Sanchez as a Latino athlete. Different job, different uniform.

I beg to differ. Both are in the field of journalism and both should be be expected to act and dress as professionals. Guiliana Rancic is an entertainment reporter. When she's on air or doing a piece, I don't see her wearing the type of outfit that Ines Sainz and Jenn Sterger were wearing.

Regardless, though, I've made my opinion on the matter known. I'm just going to let it go and let the rest of you duke it out. Besides, I would rather talk about football.

I didn't say "fired". I said "lawsuit", which she could have easily leveled at them had they forced her to dress like that. She went along with it because she had no problem with doing it and, thus, shouldn't have been surprised at the reactions she got.

Well then who is really at fault? Ines for her fashion selection? The NFL not requiring their visiting reporters to dress accordingly because of their "obvious" and "justified" player reactions? Or the players creating sexual advances because she telepathically wanted them to?

It's the child's own fault that the bullies pick on him, he should hit the gym at age 7, stop wearing glasses and maybe get his freckles surgically removed.

Since when is a victim not a victim just because the victim COULD avoid the situation?

Best post in the thread.

Consider that players, and thus their teams, regularly pay football penalties in the form of suspensions for off-field transgressions that reflect poorly on the league -- especially a pattern of such behavior. We now have accusations of a pattern of sexual harassment implicating Jets players, coaches, and front-office personnel. (The most serious, IMO, are the accusations that FO guys gave players female employees' personal contact info from HR records. That's a HUGE no-no.) Clearly, this has all reflected poorly on the league. So seriously, why not football sanctions?
Yeah, at some point it's not about boys will be boys, this is how we acted in the locker room in high school, etc., and instead is all about how a billion dollar business is run. Get a job in almost any company in America today and one of the first things that you are told about is sexual harassment in the workplace, and how it is not tolerated.

Now you have a situation where all this is being talked about quite a bit publicly. It's not unreasonable to think that the state would consider looking into the matter. The rest of us may joke about it, but I guarantee that this is a huge issue in the NFL corporate offices right now. And aside from possible legal problems, this could be considered Exhibit A of what Roger Goodell was talking about when he instituted the personal conduct policy, because of the very fact that it is putting the NFL brand in a bad light. He has more than once said that management is held to a higher standard, and rightfully so. And with this being more than one incident for the Jets, then it becomes what HR and management start to consider to be a pattern of behavior - and that's when they typically will not simply brush it off.

Well then who is really at fault? Ines for her fashion selection? The NFL not requiring their visiting reporters to dress accordingly because of their "obvious" and "justified" player reactions? Or the players creating sexual advances because she telepathically wanted them to?

Give me two out of three for $500, Alex. Inez because she should have dressed a bit more accordingly for what she was doing, and the Jets players because they should have behaved a lot better than they did.

Such is the problem with this country nowadays, though. People think that there's only one right and one wrong side to everything when, the vast majority of the time, that's just not the case. It takes two to tango. That saying pretty much sums up this instance.

The only way that this situation would truly be 100% the Jets players' fault is if she came in dressed in a pants suit with a sports jacket, in other words looking like a professional, and the Jets players STILL did what they did.

Last edited:
Give me two out of three for $500, Alex. Inez because she should have dressed a bit more accordingly for what she was doing, and the Jets players because they should have behaved a lot better than they did.

Such is the problem with this country nowadays, though. People think that there's only one right and one wrong side to everything when, the vast majority of the time, that's just not the case. It takes two to tango. That saying pretty much sums up this instance.

The only way that this situation would truly be 100% the Jets players' fault is if she came in dressed in a pants suit with a sports jacket, in other words looking like a professional, and the Jets players STILL did what they did.

I agree there needs to be a middle ground. Maybe Ines likes to be the center of attention whether it is positive or negative but IMO she didn't deserve harassment. No one one wakes up in the morning and dresses themselves to be attacked by individuals. There is no mandate against certain apparel reporters wear and it's subjective to assume her outfit should cause sexual conflict in a working environment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey