Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sorry Charlie(Wrangle) - No Compromise

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInMaine, Jul 29, 2010.

1. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Despite earlier reports, Republicans held firm and Charlie Wrangle must resign or face trial.

Ethics panel charges Rangel with conduct discrediting the House - CNN.com

Panel hits Rangel with 13 alleged ethics charges - Yahoo! News-

Charges include Wrangle pressuring AIG for a $10 Million "Donation" to the Wrangle Center at a time while AIG was lobbying Wrangle's committee on several tax and trade issues. The trial will take place after Congress comes back from its August recess. Two Democrats have already stepped forward asking Wrangle to resign to avoid an embarrassing trial during an election year. Ironic that the act of Democrats "Draining The Swamp" will involve one of thier best known members.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +298 / 1 / -9

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they don't like talking about this.

GET SARAH.
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Good!! Then let's bump the crap outta this thread for the next couple of days!:D
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Bumpity, Bump.....;)
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

Who doesn't, Harry?

and who's trying to "get" sarah? The "gotcha" media? You're the one who posts about her.

Pretty sure nobody's going to try defending Rangel
  6. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deflection off the port bow! :rolleyes:

As to the real topic at hand...
    He would have survived last year and used it to bash the opposition but this is an election year with multiple members of his own party holding onto their office for dear life- he is toast. It is either resign in disgrace or go to trial and takes multiple party members down with him on election day. Either way his days in power are done.
  7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Sorry Charlie, see ya later.
  8. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Charlie is not the only one who is having a bad day.

9. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

right... I'm responding directly to Harry's post, but I'm deflecting. Sheer genius. :rolleyes:

edit: and I wrote, "Pretty sure nobody's going to try defending Rangel" But, yeah, deflecting.
  10. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Uh huh sure it wasn't an attempt at deflecting...OK whatever you say uh huh sure :rolleyes:

Guy is political toast and if he lasts through the next week he is just doing his party a disfavor :rolleyes:
  11. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

12. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

yeah, I posted a response, and I think the guy is indefensible. Certainly makes sense that I would be deflecting.

Uh huh sure uh huh :rolleyes:

You are an idiot.
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

14. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another POS, hope they send his ass to a deserted island.

We should drop these guys off in the middle of Iraq and let them go and see how far they get...
  15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Charlie can't be that desperate yet. He still hasn't played the Fox News card. It's too bad he hasn't. He just might have been forgiven by now:rolleyes:
  16. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I'm actually pretty surprised that this thread is only two pages deep response wise, while the silly name calling "you're dumb because you are a Rep/Dem, see my guy is better than your guy" threads go 5-10 pages deep.

This is something we all, regardless of political leanings, should be very concerned about, as it represents all the things wrong with our system...which is the people who are in the system.

I mean Rangle is on the Committee which implements the tax code in this country. yet he dodges taxes.... that isn’t a leader, that is cheating snake through and through (and yes i realize he isn't the only one doing it).

Career politicians, regardless of the R or D behind their name, only care about themselves at the end of the day. Sure some "champion" their individual causes, and try and do what is best for their constituents, but to them it is a job that comes with significant money and power, and they will do what they can to keep it.

I hope we as a country vote em all out. I hope when the people of this country go to vote in November, and any election there after (if things don’t change for the better), simply go in and vote for the person who doesn’t have Incumbent after their name.

I would love to see Term Limits for all political offices in my lifetime (plus the end of the two party system, but that is a true pipe dream). What that limit is, is obviously open to debate, but when I hear "he/she held their Senate seat for 50 years", or "this 20 term Rep from ..." I immediately know that person has merely done the things to keep them in power, not done what is best for his fellow citizens. To me Rangle is further proof of that.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +298 / 1 / -9

Politicians:
    Rotten People stay away from them, don't let your children near them, try to prevent your children from ever wanting to become one, they are all headed for hell.

:bricks:
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +147 / 2 / -1

I think it's because nobody defends the guy, so there's not a lot to discuss. (I use the term "discuss" loosely, given the accuracy of what you've pointed out re. other threads.)

This is nothing new, imo. I don't understand why so many people votefor the bs parties they're somehow so loyal to, or to the person (incumbent) who has name recognition.

My votes have almost 100% been (i) against somebody b/c of their performance and/or ideology (e.g., Bush, Waxman), (ii) against somebody b/c they're the incumbent and I have no reason to re-elect them or (iii) for somebody who's a libertarian or independent. I'm not sure I've ever voted for somebody primarily because I agreed with their platform or had confidence in their potential - which is kind of sad.
  19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Nice post Drewski. Hopefully come November, all incumbents will be fired.

Term limits please!

$20 says Rangel isn't forced to resign. These people don't like to give up power, and a person in the top seat, can always make the people below them happy.
  20. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

If he isnt then this government is more corrupt than I really thought it ever could be. Growing up in Indonesia during Suharto's final years, I really never thought that I would see overt corruption in our country on that scale.

If he gets a slap on the wrist for the actions he is being investigated for then this country(gov) has to really check its moral compass. This isn't an issue of cheating on a spouse or the like. Those are personal issues between the person and their partner. This is cheating on your taxes, and what basically amounts to bribbery. None too good, and should be punished accordingly.