PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry America, you still lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That chant has no merit seeing as 18-1 was still a better season than any other team minus the giants. That would bother me as much as the cheaters chant, which is not at all. Just other fans trying to bring you down for your team having an unbelievable (yes disappointing but still unbelievable) season. If anyone brings that up just remind them how we are still the most successful franchise of this decade. Once we (God willing) win our next one this will all be irrelevant.

Exactly. It seriously makes me laugh the thought of an 18-1 chant vs. a 4-12 chant. Or maybe a "1969" chant. Seeing as though the fan base that calls us "band wagoners" has almost no fans though, I doubt I'll ever be in this situation lol. Unless of course they happen to win something in the next 100 years and gain a sudden "diehard" fan base. Until then I'll keep rooting for the team of the decade and ignoring the trolls of teams that have no fans and rent their stadium from another team.

60679138_ef77b2612c_m.jpg

You know, just to play devil's advocate here, because I see both sides of the story, but the Patriots are now not much different than anyone else.

Only one team gets to gloat at the end of the season. You keep talking about how no one else will ever sniff 18-0, but you know what? No one cares.

I am Saints fan. I'll only wish for one thing. A Superbowl win. Whether we go 19-0 and get it or 10-6 or 9-7 and squeak in and then go on a streak to win the SB, it doesn't matter to me.

There is only one goal at the top of the ladder. If you fall short everything else is immaterial. Sure, it's a special thing to be undefeated in the regular season. And, I agree with you that most teams have no real right to talk smack. If I was a Dolphins, Jets, Falcons, Rams, etc. etc. fan, sure i might be happy but I would not go out of my way to talk smack.

But you could go 18-0 for the next 10 years and it won't matter if you don't win a Superbowl.

The only thing I hope doesn't get lost in all this is what the Patriots HAVE accomplished in this decade, which is absolutely nothing to sneeze at. And I am sure that once this all calms down, most patriot fans will realize that and look forward to next year, because there is no reason to think the Pats won't have another chance at a SB next year.

Let everyone else have their fun, it will all blow over by next season's start. But let's remember that a Superbowl win is a Superbowl win, and how many games you won or lost in the regular season really doesn't matter without it.

Exactly. It seriously makes me laugh the thought of an 18-1 chant vs. a 4-12 chant. Or maybe a "1969" chant. Seeing as though the fan base that calls us "band wagoners" has almost no fans though, I doubt I'll ever be in this situation lol. Unless of course they happen to win something in the next 100 years and gain a sudden "diehard" fan base. Until then I'll keep rooting for the team of the decade and ignoring the trolls of teams that have no fans and rent their stadium from another team.

60679138_ef77b2612c_m.jpg

I guess I wasn't prepared to break out the "We're # 2" chant. Yikes.

Hi guys,

Pretty much agree with all points here too.

Im sure i'm right but dosn't there have to be a loser of the SB every year??
to name the last few...

Patriots,Bears, Seahawks, Eagles, Panthers, Raiders, Rams, Giants,Titans,Falcons,Packers,Patriots............

ah now the winners..
Giants,Colts,Steelers,Patriots,Patriots,Buccs,Patriots,Ravens,Rams
Broncos,Broncos,Packers.

There you go folks, I now know why I'm Glad im a Pats fan and not
a Jets or Phins follower!!
We will be back dont worry!

The media hype (on us losing) this year is WAAAAYYYYY over the top and as for most of the Non pats fans posting comments including 'Embarassment','Over Rated'..etc ..the list goes on.... which football leagues have they been following???...Purely just Jealous... (Hats of to all non pats fans on this thread that have posted intelligent remarks... I've got respect for ya..)

Already looking forward to the draft, and then Training Camp..Pre season etc..

Must go, my lunch break is over...lol

9&4
must change my sig piccy..lol

I for one am not going to take sh*t from any fans of the teams that the Pats beat this year. In my mind, it's twisted logic that these jealous haters feel like their team won last night. 18-1 means our team was better than every single team this year except for the Giants. I, like most of you here, feel like I did after Aaron Boone right now.

But that's because we were privileged enough to root for a team that had such unbelievably high expectations and still did something that no team has ever done before. Given our draft this year, and our schedule next season, you better believe that if any team could go 19-0, next year's Pats could do it.

So congratulations to the Giants and their fans, they played an amazing game. And the rest of America, you can still go eff yourself because the Pats will still beat the sh!t out of your team next year and your team will never taste 18-0. So keep talking sh!t and being jealous haters, and we'll keep rooting for the best team in the NFL.

I understand how Pats fans are upset that other fans are thrilled that they lost... You just lost the most important game of the season, a game in which you were favored by 2 scores... It sucks... True, tasting 18-0 might not happen for any other teams any time soon... But 17-0 with a Super Bowl ring still is sweet after all of these years...

I forgot one thing...

Those who say the Patriots were overrated are ignorant... They didn't win 18 games by being lucky... But I do believe that BB was out-coached and that's something that I don't think anyone saw coming...

If anything, the Giants were seriously underrated...

I'm a Bills fan and I for one am glad the Patriots lost because the media hype about a perfect season was unreal. I live in New England and I'm surrounded by sports radio and fans that think every other team can't hold a candle to the Patriots and now we know they can be beat. After a day of gloating I realized I felt this same way back in 2002 when the Patriots beat the St Louis Rams. I couldn't stand to hear about the "Greatest Show on Turf" anymore and after more reflecting came to the conclusion that the Patriots became the St Louis Rams, the Steelers, the Cowboys and the 49'rs of years past. It's the way our society is, we root for the underdog and we tear down the winners. (David vs. Goliath)

I'm hoping for more competition in our division ie Jets, Miami, Bills all get better, because watching the Patriots walk all over my team and the rest of the AFC East just dosen't make for good Football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back