Welcome to PatsFans.com

Soros gives $1 million to Calif. marijuana legalization

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Billionaire George Soros gives $1 million to Calif. marijuana legalization campaign | Raw Story

Soros, a high-profile liberal, was one of the top financial backers of the 1996 measure that made California the first state in the nation to legalize marijuana for medical use.

The $1 million comes a day after the Yes on 19 campaign launched its first television ad.

I like Soros, dude is funding political actions that go AGAINST his own financial gains. He wants to be taxed and regulated more. Maybe its because he is a Hungarian-American who has seen first hand what Fascism can do...and doesnt want it to happen again...

Meanwhile, the Koch brothers (Soros' political mirror) have been funding to cut taxes for billionaires and pollute in California (see prop 23) Maybe its because these brothers have never worked for anything, inherited all of what they have , and live in a world of capitalistic country club one upsmanship.

George Soros - funding prop 19 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_19_(2010)
    Koch brothers - funding prop 23 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_23_(2010)

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

I don't like Soros but I like this one, keeping Marijuana illegal is a joke, every attic, barn, boat house, farm house and OUTHOUSE in Maine has Pot Plants growing in them, every school yard in Maine sells Pot.

Illegal Drugs are as easy to buy as Milk why aren't they legalized, taxed and regulated, put the Gang Bangers and smelly Drug Dealers out of business.

3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +340 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

Finally he supports something worthwhile.

4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +204 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

Legalize, regulate, and tax it. I've been saying this for years.

Soros could always send the government more of his money if he feels he isn't taxed enough, but alas he doesn't. He also puts a lot of his holding overseas, to save on his taxes. This is aside from his deductions, tax shelters, and assorted other tax related deals he seeks to avoid paying uncle sam. So spare me the notion that he wants to be taxed more. He wants everyone else to be is all.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

Actions speak louder than words.

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que closes on Troy building

By Chris Churchill Business Writer
    Published: 03:22 a.m., Friday, July 2, 2010

TROY — Dinosaur Bar-B-Que has closed on its $1.6 million purchase of a waterfront building in Troy and is on track to open in the spring.

Today’s closing ends the year-long courtship by city officials of the Syracuse-based restaurant chain, which is majority-owned by billionaire investor George Soros. Dinosaur is now expected to begin its renovation of the building at 377 River St., last occupied by Fresno’s restaurant.

“It’s a done deal,” city spokesman Jeff Pirro said this morning. “Free and clear.”

Troy offered a package of incentives to lure the restaurant, including $350,000 for the building’s renovation; a $53,000 waiver on the mortgage recording tax; and a $60,000 discount on some sales taxes on building materials.

Also, the city Industrial Development Authority agreed to pay $218,000 in back taxes on the site and approved 20 years of future property-tax abatements for Dinosaur, which has locations in Manhattan, Rochester and Syracuse.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  7. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

He wants everyone who makes as much money as he does to be taxed more, YES. Not the people making under 250k. Soros is also FUNDING props and politicians that will raise his taxes, and everyone else in his bracket.

The difference is that the Koch brothers are holding money overseas, are deducting, are paying politicians to promote laws that will tax them less and allow them to pollute more.

Its a pretty clear cut difference in morals.

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

huh? I don't really see anything wrong with a buisness moving in?

sounds to me like you have a beef with the town, not the company. How do you feel about your local Wal-Mart?

and I seriously doubt you wanna go tit-for-tat with some shady shizz when you are defending the Koch brothers....

9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +816 / 7 / -2

Who are the Koch brothers? I don't even know who they are. I'm talking about George Soros, and no one else.

As for the article I posted, your indifference to a Soros owned business seeking to pay less taxes, tells me all I need to know. In the words of the unlikable Big O, you're makin my point.

I do appaud anyone who donates money to causes they hold dear. Honetly, good for them. It's their own money, and they can do what they want with it. That's how it should be.

11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I wonder who set up a system like this? http://www.imageenvision.com/450/11344-picture-of-ronald-reagan-and-donald-regan-by-jvpd.jpg

“you’ll have to speed it up.” -Don Regan

one where you can not pay the US government in taxes, yet still operate in the deregulated capitalistic system?

probably Obama! (insert emotocon reflecting that I'm being sarcastic)

don't hate the player, hate the game.

12. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10 bucks they turn that money into ganja:eek:

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Nice deflection. HE IS A FRAUD!

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I ain't deflecting shizzz. Its funny how you erase your memory about who started the system that you seem to HATE that Soros took advantage of. The right praises capitalistic values, whose foundation is based in Reganomics, but when a liberal takes advantage of it, HE IS EVIL.

I get it.

The Koch brothers? just trying to make a profit. Nothing is more american that that.

Soros? evil billionaire mastermind who takes advantage of the system.

its so simple its complex

16. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't like this legalization....... it will only increase the impaired and beligerent ppl on the roads and highways.

did you pro tokers ever think about that?^

wooooww dude that blunt is huuuugggeeee:bricks::bricks::bricks:

God damn STONERS
    :mad::mad::mad: You simply do not see the big picture:eek:

Sun glases for your red Eyes....:cool: and Ben Stein w/ stoner ammo:cool:

[​IMG]

Clear Eyes and Alaska Seafood Techno Remix - Bing Videos

17. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +689 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

Sorry HD, I will be balancing out your vote with my NO vote. We should both agree to just not vote as we'll vote the opposite on everything ;)

It's a waste sending pot smokers to jail, large fines would work. But alcohol doesn't get in the air and spread, I don't want second hand pot smoke nor the smell that comes along with it. I get the argument for legalizing it - but you don't get my vote.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +342 / 7 / -4

Curious, are you a "small government" person?

I find it interesting when people want other things banned just because they don't happen to like aspects of it. Why are so many people so quick to want the govt to do away with things they don't happen to like?

I think more people need to start living by "live and let live", stop looking to govt and stop their whining. And that goes for the left and the right.

19. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +689 / 17 / -18

#24 Jersey

I'm a small government person but I also don't like having my right infringed upon by others and I don't want to be walking around to the smell of pot. Sorry.

20. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +342 / 7 / -4

So you have a right to avoid a smell you dislike?

And that right trumps others' rights to partake in an activity they may enjoy?

That doesn't sound like small government to me -- just the opposite.

Where does that end? Everybody has things they dislike. Should all of those things be illegal?

Getting back to pot, ok, you don't like the smell. Why should that mean its use should be illegal in one's own home?