PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sophie's choice. Talib or Welker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go with Talib.

welker has been given ample opportunity to have a positive impact for the pats in the playoffs and in the last 2 years he's dropped the ball literally. Part of why Welker is admired by many was his ability to make big time catches for first downs, now we've watched the patriots season slip through his hands TWICE. People will turn to the pollard hit on ridley as the turning point but it really was welker dropping a wide open uncontested first down that changed the course of the game. draft a WR and pick one up in FA.

t

Are you serious? Welker was the most productive player in week 3 against the Ravens and again Sunday against the Ravens in the Playoffs. Drops? Come on. Give me a receiver who doesn't drop balls. Hernandez has a lot of drops post season and regular season, should they get rid of him? Same with Lloyd. Edelman drops the ball a bunch to.

Yes, Welker had a bad drop Sunday, game changing? Um, no! Game changing was when the Pats couldn't convert. How many times were they inside the 40 and couldn't put points on the board? A lot! That's game changing. Or Talib going out of the game? That's game changing. Talib can't stay on the field yet everyone wants to resign him. He can't cover hurt on the bench.

Welker is a top NFL receiver. The dude has a higher percentage of catches per target then any other top NFL wr. Wouldn't be the case if he drops so many passes as people here say he does.

BTW, you really want to go there with the blame game again and put all the blame on Welker for the dropped pass in the SB last year? It was a horrible throw and Brady made a horrible decision to throw the ball to the outside shoulder when he could have easily hit Welker inside shoulder in stride. Welker had to stop, jump in the air (since the ball was also thrown too high) contort his body 180 degrees while in the air to get a shot at a poorly thrown ball. THEN on the next play Brady throws a horrible pass behind Branch who had a first down and dropped the ball. It was a bad game for Brady yet everyone points the finger at Welker. Brady is one of the best but he has bad games.... far too many lately,

Welker. Without question.

Talib who? That guy that just got here, who has barely played for us and keeps getting injured? C'mon man.

Welker. It's not even a question.

lol at this question or people picking talib over welker....WOW

:bricks:

Let Welker go he is not worth 10 million dollars and isn't the type of WR you need to win in the playoffs at that price tag. If I had a choice I'd give that 10 million to Bowe or Jackson last year. He deserves that money, but its simply out of our price range if we want to do anything beyond scoring 35+ in the reg season to 14 points against good teams in the POs.

Do you people really think this offense goes from great to inept without Welker? ************ we scored 34.2 without Gronkowski in the regular season you know why? Because in the regular season against crap teams you can make up production. In the playoffs you need talent, sure hands, and a guy who doesn't cost 10 million dollars to operate exactly where your stud tight ends signed for the next 8 years do.

I can't play GM and put a price on Welker. But if you want drops, Dwayne Bowe is your guy.

It's sad that anyone would even think of choosing Talib over Welker in a straight "either/or" situation. It lessens the entire fan base when some members of it are that foolish.

I do not think of myself as "foolish," Deus.

My argument is that Talib makes the entire secondary different and better when he steps on the field, while Welker is an incredibly talented part of an already loaded Offense.

Straight up, Welker is, of course, a "better" player than Talib and will be regarded as such long after all of us have stopped bloviating out here, but Talib, is, in my opinion, slightly more important to this team, here and now, in the cap era.

Talib.

Thanks for what you have done here Welker but you cost the team the SB last year with your dropped pass and on Sunday you had another huge drop that killed a drive. I am ready to move on from Welker and his 2 or 3 critical dropped passes a game.

Also, it is obvious that having Welker as the man on offense is not helping this team win the SB. They need to move on from being the colts.

I have to go for Talib. He's much more needed.

It's not even the wide open drop that stands out to me most to me. The opening drive on Brady's deep bomb went through his hands and the first thing I said to myself is this; 'if you want to be called an elite receiver and get paid elite money, you make that grab...you make those tough catches look like a piece of cake'. Same goes for the catch in the Super Bowl. It was a tough one to make but not all throws are going to be gimmes!

It's tough, because every receiver has their drops but what's more worrying with Welker is these drops were never really brought up before and that's because they used to be largely non existent.

I want the guy to stay more than anyone but i don't think the Pats should be prepared to pay him any more than they are already offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back