PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sopcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1yes

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I will be in the Tampa area during the NE - WAS game. It seems to be one of the few places in the country that will not get the game.

I have been reading about this Sopcast software and want to know if anyone has used it, and were they happy with it.

I have the computer horsepower (2 Gig, good processor), good video on my PC and will be connected to a FIOS network.

Any help would be appreciated. I really do not want to miss this game.

Thanks.

Good question. I'm curious also. It looked like some hiden costs with one time fees and download insurance. What is the total cost with all the add-ons? Annual fees?

Good question. I'm curious also. It looked like some hiden costs with one time fees and download insurance. What is the total cost with all the add-ons? Annual fees?

If no one has used it, I am still going to sign up and hope for the best. It looks like you can sign on for an annual fee of $14.95. I am going to start this process tomorrow or the day after.

I will let you know my experience. I am not missing this game even if I have to sit in a bar where I can't smoke. I always smoke when I watch the Pats play. Tough not being able to.

I used it for the pats/miami game. The software is reliable, but you are at the mercy of some other user to broadcast.

If the broadcast quality is high enough, then watching full screen is very acceptable. If its not, then there is alot of stalling/pixalation, etc.

here is a page that will list the possible channels for you

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

If no one has used it, I am still going to sign up and hope for the best. It looks like you can sign on for an annual fee of $14.95. I am going to start this process tomorrow or the day after.

I will let you know my experience. I am not missing this game even if I have to sit in a bar where I can't smoke. I always smoke when I watch the Pats play. Tough not being able to.

sopcast is free...? what site is charging?

I used it for the pats/miami game. The software is reliable, but you are at the mercy of some other user to broadcast.

If the broadcast quality is high enough, then watching full screen is very acceptable. If its not, then there is alot of stalling/pixalation, etc.

here is a page that will list the possible channels for you

http://www.myp2p.eu/NFL.htm

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. When I go to that site there are numerous choices to play the game. Sopcast is one with a couple of choices. So basically if I understand you, you can pick and choose among them to find the right broadcast quality.

Is that correct, and if so, did you find a preference to one?

Thanks for your time.

Dont most bars have Sunday ticket on DirectTV (I know most here do) they should get every game.

Go grab a servesa and some grub and enjoy the action at a local watering hole.

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. When I go to that site there are numerous choices to play the game. Sopcast is one with a couple of choices. So basically if I understand you, you can pick and choose among them to find the right broadcast quality.

Is that correct, and if so, did you find a preference to one?

Thanks for your time.

if u look at the website, u can choose any of the orange links...first time i tried using sopcast, i only chose the sopcast bar...it didnt work...i think it usually does not...

u can choose any of the "watch" buttons, start from top to bottom, usually best is at the top i think...

but u have to have sopcast downloaed first...just search for that with a search engine

Thanks for the help. I am going to give it a go.

It looks like there are a few other programs that need to be updated as well.

Will let you know how I made out.

Thanks again.

Sopcast is not a tv provider...they simply let people with a TV tuner broadcast online and if you have that channel you can see what they see. So if noone is broadcasting the game (unlikly) then you won't be able to see it. Sopcast is free so don't pay for it.

I watch all the games that aren't on local tv for free, so i don't know who's charging you. Another great site is http://www.sportsonpc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes