PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Soooooooooooo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I won't be able to watch the game because the local CBS won't be airing it.....there are no sports bars that will be showing the game because West Texas has a serious infatuation problem with the Cowboys and any team in the NFC..........anyone have any ideas? Should I just get NFL ticket? I'm kind of short on money....I know I have a good friend who's a Bills fan and has NFL ticket, but I don't want to invite myself over....

Dang. I thought it was a national game as my local channels are only showing the one game at that time.
How much is NFL ticket?

4 payments of 70 bucks. 280 total. :(

I'm a Pats fan in Pittsburgh, my only option was NFL Sunday ticket, which means my only option was Direct TV.

It's expensive, but I'm not gonna miss any games. By the way, the Bills are on at 1pm, so I think your friend will be busy watching them.

1) If you have Directv BUY THE SUNDAY TICKET. It pays for itself after elimiantion the first 5 trips to the Sportsbar (food and beer) to watch the Pats.
2) There has to be a sportsbar in your area that has Sunday Ticket. Check that out, if you dont have directv yet, or just cant afford the package. Everywhere Ive ever been there are tons of bars with Sunday Ticket and enough TVs to show all games. Grab the phone book and call a few bars and ask if they have Sunday ticket. Its worth the time if it prevents you from missing the Pats.

They have a promotion where you get the premium package plus the Ticket for $70/month for four months. You're basically getting the rest of your channels free, so it's a good deal.

By the way, the Bills are on at 1pm, so I think your friend will be busy watching them.

Lol!!!

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll go make a sales pitch to my parents! Do you know if it works like pay-per-view where after I call Directv, it will activate itself, or does a Directv person have to come to my house?

I have to say, buy the ticket! We did, and we did it earlier than July, so we only paid $220. I decided very early on that I was not messing around with sports bars where you have to "pay to stay" essentially.

eta: It activates itself. Nobody needs to come to the house.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
I have to say, buy the ticket! We did, and we did it earlier than July, so we only paid $220. I decided very early on that I was not messing around with sports bars where you have to "pay to stay" essentially.

If you went to a Sports Bar now, they would charge you double.:D

AndyJohnson said:
1) If you have Directv BUY THE SUNDAY TICKET. It pays for itself after elimiantion the first 5 trips to the Sportsbar (food and beer) to watch the Pats.
2) There has to be a sportsbar in your area that has Sunday Ticket. Check that out, if you dont have directv yet, or just cant afford the package. Everywhere Ive ever been there are tons of bars with Sunday Ticket and enough TVs to show all games. Grab the phone book and call a few bars and ask if they have Sunday ticket. Its worth the time if it prevents you from missing the Pats.

I've had the ticket for 4 years It costs about $15 per week. A lot cheaper than the 50+ it was costing to go to the Sports bar every Sunday. My wife is not a cheap date.

PATSNUTme said:
If you went to a Sports Bar now, they would charge you double.:D

Judging by the size of my stomach, I am tempted to agree!!!!

mavfan2390 said:
Lol!!!

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll go make a sales pitch to my parents! Do you know if it works like pay-per-view where after I call Directv, it will activate itself, or does a Directv person have to come to my house?

Well, it activates itself after install, but it needs to be installed first. For that you have 2 options.

Call directv or order it online through directv.com. Right now they are offering the DVR upgrade for free, a MUST have for any football fan. But bear in mind they probably cannot get you installed until later in the week. You could try your local Bestbuy and see if they are carrying any equipment for their sales of directv that you can take home and install yourself; not too difficult a task if you have a friend to help you dial in your signal when you do it and a few basic tools.

You also need consider the fact that there is a committment to programming involved. The NFL ticket package is an awesome deal getting every movie channel they offer and every NFL game for 70 dollars, but at the end of the regular season you will need to downgrade your package to save some dough or pay a 100 bucks+ a month. Not sure what the committment is right now, I have had directv for a couple of years so I am no longer under contract.

For this weeks game though I agree with the other posters. Find a friend with the game on directv or head for a bar.

Bella*chick said:

You can even activate it from the website.

Directv/NFLST is awesome.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back