Welcome to PatsFans.com

Son of Senate president offered plea deal in assault case

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2006/04/03/news/local/20060403_local_news_7.txt

Two young men charged with sodomizing 18 boys at a youth camp last year have been offered a plea agreement that may net them little jail time and no record of sexual assault.

Clifton Bennett, 18, the son of Arizona Senate President Ken Bennett, and his co-defendant, Kyle Wheeler, 19, were charged in January with 18 counts of aggravated assault and 18 counts of kidnapping for the incidents, which happened at a youth camp last June.

The younger Bennett confessed to police that he and Wheeler sodomized the 11- to 14-year-old boys with broomsticks and flashlights in at least 40 incidents, court documents show.

Yavapai County prosecutors now say they'll drop all but one assault charge and likely recommend little or no jail time if Bennett agrees to plead guilty.
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

3. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Apparently it was some sort of hazing incident, very f'ed up, who thinks of this kind of stuff?

"The 18 boys were chosen to attend the weeklong student government leadership skills camp in Prescott because they were among the state's top student leaders."

that a hell of a lesson that got there. I would be pissed off parent too if this was one of my kids! Five days in jail for this?

I would like to be the first to bet that NEM blames this on the kid being a mormon, he has a Weislike hatred for them too.
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Family values, I guess.

"...Bennett was an honor student and active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who plans to go on a mission in September. A felony conviction for assault will make his desire to complete his mission impossible," the kids lawyer's wrote.

P.S. FTW, just saw your post. FYI, I wasn't targeting Mormons, just making a sarcastic remark about family values.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

All children of Republicans do this. My kids are 6 & 8, I'll give them a few years then they're in training, baby.
  6. bmf31c

bmf31c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It ain't, it ain't me, I ain't no Senator son....It ain't, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one. When we don't learn from history we are forced to re-live it.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

This makes me sick. Why am I just reading about this today and why hasn't it made national news? Is there a timeline on this, is it a done deal?
  8. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My God, that makes me just want to vomit. And makes me want to go smack his parents.

Hazing or not, you have to be a sick sonofa***** to do something like that to another human.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Because what the kid of a Senator does is 100% irrelevant ? Who cares. Now, if they were trying to make this legal that would be different ;)
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You don't think he's getting special treatment because he's the son of a senator? I think anyone else would be looking at serious jail...
  11. Patters

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

A friend of mine is a therapist for women prisoners. She said over 90% of the people she works with were sexually abused as children or young women. The correlation between such abuse and crime, drug use, etc. is so severely high that I hope the parents of the victims sue that state senator for every penny he's worth, and I hope that state senator at least does the right thing and makes sure Arizona has good programs to help victims of such abuse. Those poor kids may have a tough road to navigate.
  12. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

You are 100% right about this one. five days in jail for this? He is absolutely getting special treatment.
  13. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

You lost me on this one. Please explain.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 1 / -9

Welcome to the "New America", great ain't it.

Todays America runs on SEX, movies, TV, HBO, Sit Coms, Soap Operas, this is the "Suck & F-ck" generation.
    Disney makes a kids movie, the Parents in the movie are all divorced and shacking up with someone else, the looney liberals in the public schools want to teach little kids how to play with themselves, Jane Fonda & Sharon Stone are running all up and down the west coast handing out free Condoms to teen-agers, most of the kids living in the housing projects have no idea who their father is, the wife swappers in Hollywood have all gone nuts in every movie they make all they do is f-ck, in the kitchen, out in the hall, on the street, and on top of the refrigerator. Is it any wonder these little demented sex crazy slop ba stards did this, they are surrounded by adults f-cking and killing each other every day on their TV, Movies and Rap Crap Music. They probably think it is normal, they probably think they are protected under the "Liberals Bill Of Rights"

Liberals make fun of "Ozzie & Harriet", Ozzie never f-cked Harriet on the dining room table for my kids to see.

The Bed Has Been Made, now lie in it.
  15. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I'm always amazed when you respond to these posts and determine it was a result of liberals. Have you been sleeping during Bush's two terms? Have you forgotten his appointments? How about the FDA appointee in charge of women's health who regularly sodomized and raped his wife.
    This man was a good christian conservative.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +481 / 1 / -9

I didn't blame Liberals for this, I said they make fun of Ozzie/Harriet, and "THEY DO", I don't blame the Liberals I blame our own society for standing by and allowing the Perverts and Sh!t Bags to take over our entertainment industry, that is where most of the young people learn all of this barbaric crap. "MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO"
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Sure, he should get what anyone else got. But it's not "a story". It's not the Senator who did it. It's National Enquirer type stuff.
  18. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Please tell Republicans to stop impregnating 13-year-old girls and sodomizing 14-year-old boys with broom and prick.

19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If there's corruption, there needs to be a story. Whether the Senator place a phone call to the prosecutor, or the prosecutor did this on his own initiative, someone was acting in bad faith. This is MUCH more important than, say, Entwhistle.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What? Did I miss this one??