Welcome to PatsFans.com

somewhere, a politician needs to speak up

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jun 23, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

off of PFT, but of political significance......

LANCE'S BIKE > HUMAN LIFE

stallworth gets 30 days for his drunken killing while this guy who stole Lance Armstrongs bike gets 3 years........

what politician has the balls to speak up regarding the stupidity of it all????

someone??? anyone???

Stealing Lance Armstrong's bike warrants lengthy jail term - ESPN

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Sadly...Stallworth and the family of his victim settled in a plea deal. They got money, he got barely any jail time.

I loved Dante when he was a Patriot, but this was horrible. The fact that the family was cool with money, must either mean that they feel he was truly sorry, and deserved no jail time, or they though that duckets would heal the wound of losing a family member.

If Lance Armstrong didn't want to press charges.....he didn't have to. I saw an interesting "Intervention" on A&E about a guy who was on the Postal team with Lance, his first day on it he made fun of armstrong, and the next day was kicked off the squad. His life spiraled out of control to the point where he lives in an ally now, and husltes for crack. Armstrong...by most people's accounts is a coksucker. I applaud the man for his accomplishments, and his bringing about the LIVESTRONG campaign....but his irrational actions at times makes me wonder what the F is really going on in this dudes head???

Juice?

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +811 / 2 / -9

When The Muslims take over they'll straighten all that loony sh!t out.

4. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

after she stood by him during his cancer, Lance dumped his wife to run off with sheryl crow..........kind of sums it up

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +587 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

According to PFT, the guy was just walking across the street with no crosswalk and it wasn't a side street. Dante messed up by being drunk but I think the reason for the sentence being light is they were going to have a tough time proving who's fault it was given that the guy was jaywalking across a 4 or so lane road.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/22/video-exists-of-stallworth-accident/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

He's like John Edwards in my book.....

F-

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 14 / -28

Discrepancy in sentencing happens all the time, different laws, different judges and different states.. if you think this is bad, 30 years ago I worked in a court that had a heavy portuguese concentration.

The kids from the affluent areas would come in with their folks all dressed, the kids in suits with their big atty's.. they would do things like shoot off guns, get drunk and wreck cars and homes.. the judge will give them all their rights and talk real nice and order all kinds of services... they never did any time.

The Portuguese kids would come in with their mothers dressed with their mantilla's on and black dresses, most could not speak english. The kids looked normal, mostly charged with property violations, the judge did not even give them an attorney or read them their rights.. he would say did you do it, they would invariably say yes and the would just go away.

There is also a tremendous discrepancy between rich and poor.

8. fierce

fierce Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

I'm not justifying what Stallworth did but I think it's been a bit mislabeled in the football world. I live in South Florida and am familiar with where it happened. I think it had WAY more to do with Donte driving a RR (practically a tank) than him being "intoxicated". If Donte was driving a Honda we're talking a broken leg and this might not even be news.

Anyways, down here you could see the progression clearly. The story went from Stallworth was involved in a tragic accident to drunken attempted man slaughter...

9. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

who cares.........your opinions are meaningless.......go pollute some other thread

10. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

In NH we had a convicted DWI woman who killed two juveniles get a year's sentence. Shortly thereafter a guy who whipped his neighbor's cat to death received a 7-year sentence.

Harm an animal or steal Bo Didley's banjo and you'll do hard time. But what of those thumps in the night while one is slooshed? Community service.

11. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow...great post. Actually agreed with you entirely for once :cool:

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

In some countries getting drunk and killing somebody with a vehicle is a capital crime, death penalty material. And just getting caught driving drunk can bring a life ban on ever driving again, as well as a lengthy jail sentence. Most states in the U.S. have been too easy on drunk driving, I believe.

//

13. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

Well, unfortunately for DS he is going to live with that night and that family's grief for the rest of his life. It's tragic, but if it had been Joe Smoe driving he would have gotten more jail time, but the family would have gotten no compensation. All parties involved in the hit and run are going to suffer for along time. The guy who stole Lance's bike is really getting screwed because, Lance has got a garage full of free bikes. I dont care iff it was a one off or not Mr.Armstrong could drop the hammer on my daughters bike tassles and all.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 14 / -28

Lance Armstrong is a first class dick... someday, they will catch up to him..

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Of course you do. Lovers of Authority get excited when authority punishes the People -the more, the better. Lovers of authority tend to get a little hard-on when the cops show up in uniform. Never question the motives of Authority.

Too easy on drunk driving? Once again, you show everyone how out of touch you are with American society...which is understandable since you don't live here.