PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Somewhat realistic draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Tag and trade Wilfork for a low first round pick. If Mclain isn't available, then draft Spikes later, but many of the players are the same.

Also I assume that Bodden, Wilfork (tagged and traded), and Watson are gone, but Mankins is signed.

Trade 2 1sts up to about the 10th position and draft McLain picking up a 3rd or 4th in the process.

2a. Dan Williams - DL Tenn. picks up for Wilfork with nothing lost
2b. Pouncey C Florida - Probably displaces the anemic Koppen first year

2c. trade down to late 3rd and 4th

3a. Denario Alexander WR Miss. - Brandon Marshall like
3b. Brandon Ghee CB - Wake

4a. Anthony Dixon RB Miss. St. - a RB who can run up the middle, Shonn Greene like
4b. Vince Oghobasse - DE
5. Austen Lane - Murray State
6. Antonio /Brown WR Central Michigan
6s. O'Brien Shoefield -

I know there are no real pash rushers but partly that's because BB won't play them anyway. Crable was a great pash rusher coming out of college and if he can't play, who can?

I'm not big on any of the smaller RBs...with our line, they would be basically useless.

Tag and trade Wilfork for a low first round pick. If Mclain isn't available, then draft Spikes later, but many of the players are the same.

Also I assume that Bodden, Wilfork (tagged and traded), and Watson are gone, but Mankins is signed.

Trade 2 1sts up to about the 10th position and draft McLain picking up a 3rd or 4th in the process.

4a. Anthony Dixon RB Miss. St. - a RB who can run up the middle, Shonn Greene like
4b. Vince Oghobasse - DE
6s. O'Brien Shoefield -

I know there are no real pash rushers but partly that's because BB won't play them anyway. Crable was a great pash rusher coming out of college and if he can't play, who can?

I'm not big on any of the smaller RBs...with our line, they would be basically useless.

We should be able to get much more than a low 1st for Wilfork. And you are very optimistic on some of your projections.

- Dan Williams is almost certainly going sometime in the 1st round. Terrance Cody is more likely to be available in the 2nd, but with the need for 3-4 DT's I'd be uncomfortable waiting for 2A for one of those guys given a huge hole in the middle with Wilfork gone.
- Brandon Ghee in the 3rd, Anthony Vince Oghobasse in the 4th, Austen Lane in the 5th and O'Brien Schofield in the 6th are all extremely optimistic. Ghee probably goes 2nd round, Dixon, Oghobasse and Lane 3rd, Schofield and Brown 4th.

Id like to think we'd get more for Vince. Alot of those guys you have going in the third and beyond are probably going alot higher than you have them but pretty good concept.

We should be able to get much more than a low 1st for Wilfork. And you are very optimistic on some of your projections.

If Parcells signs Wilfork, we get what, the #12 pick and Miami's 2011 1st?

4b. Vince Oghobasse - DE
6s. O'Brien Shoefield -

I like this mock.

McClain is perfect for our defense and can probably run our defense better than Mayo.

Every pick from the third round on down is a player capable of making the team and contributing. Ghee, Dixon and Oghobasse are all players I would love to see in Foxboro, especially if they excel at ST.

Lane could be a perfect developmental OLB. Let's see if BB can coach this raw talent up.

Throw out the worthless Pouncey and replace him with Johnson of Alabama and all is well in this mock.

I like this mock.

McClain is perfect for our defense and can probably run our defense better than Mayo.

Every pick from the third round on down is a player capable of making the team and contributing. Ghee, Dixon and Oghobasse are all players I would love to see in Foxboro, especially if they excel at ST.

Lane could be a perfect developmental OLB. Let's see if BB can coach this raw talent up.

Throw out the worthless Pouncey and replace him with Johnson of Alabama and all is well in this mock.

Except that they are all conveniently available later than they will probably go.

I like this mock.

Why is pouncey worthless? I thinhk we need a center in the worst way. Someone who can actually move a DL, not just get in his way.

Why is pouncey worthless? I thinhk we need a center in the worst way. Someone who can actually move a DL, not just get in his way.

This guy can!

image_8689148.jpg

First Team All-American ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back