PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something odd to hope for Saturday night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
A missed FG for Gostkowski. Not a bunch of them, one will do - but it will be good to see how he responds to not making a kick. So far he's been solid enough, but it's going to be so much more about his mental game, especially this season, and I'd like to see how he handles the adversity, even if it is just a stupid, meaningless pre-season game.

patsox23 said:
A missed FG for Gostkowski. Not a bunch of them, one will do - but it will be good to see how he responds to not making a kick. So far he's been solid enough, but it's going to be so much more about his mental game, especially this season, and I'd like to see how he handles the adversity, even if it is just a stupid, meaningless pre-season game.

Sorry, 23, tryouts ended yesterday.
No more do-overs.

Holy Gost better not miss one stinkin kick ... this entire year!
Adam wuddent've.

patsox23 said:

It will probably only take one missed preseason kick for the local and national pundits to start proclaiming that the loss of Vinatieri is already hurting the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
flutie2phelan said:
Sorry, 23, tryouts ended yesterday.
No more do-overs.

Holy Gost better not miss one stinkin kick ... this entire year!
Adam wuddent've.

Agreed. From now on for this kid every kick counts, including practice.

patsox23 said:
Right away after they give him the job and BB's vote of confidence....NO WAY !! He'll miss some kicks in the future of course but send the message out of the gate that they kept the right man for the job.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Agreed. From now on for this kid every kick counts, including practice.
Yup... but I agree with Patsox23, I wanna see him come back from a miss. I also wanna see Belichick line him up for an obscene distance. :)

This is kinda like the thing where sometimes after a team loses at the press conference a reporter will ask the head coach if there is ever such a thing as a good loss, for the reasons of building character and giving the team a taste of adversity. The response from the coach is usually "hell no, get out of my face."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes