PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something fishy about the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
now I'm not all Mulder and Scully and fake moon landing normally but something feels fishy about this entire thing.
Now you're "Mulder and Scully?" You had or are having an operation? :eek:
The Pats play Cassel this pre-season more than his entire college and pro careers combined and keep him on the roster despite most of the "pundits" and messageboard analysts think he's going to get cut for the younger (more promising?) Gootz; even though Brady doesn't look in any way injured whenever he's seen on/off the field.
The O-line was toast for game one - you know, the game against the whiney, nasty Ravens. Tommy's foot was injured before game two, per numerous reports in the media and from people working near at least one medical facility he visited. Seems like the perfect opportunity to rest your #1 and give #2 some extra work.
They also keep 5 backs on the roster, which most view as a bit unusual, seemingly setting up for a more ground based attack this season.
2007 RB Roster: Maroney, Morris, Faulk, Evans, Eckel = 5
2008 RB Roster: Maroney, Morris, Jordan, Evans (Faulk suspended) = presumably 5
Truly weird.
The only thing anyone talks about all pre-season is the backup QB position...more backup QB talk than anytime in history it seems.
The Pats held a death match for backup QB in the preseason, it was so blatant even the media noticed.
then we have the first game of the season and Brady is gone, most likely for the season, before the second qtr even starts.....just feels fishy for some reason
Feelings, nothing more than feelings...

now I'm not all Mulder and Scully and fake moon landing normally but something feels fishy about this entire thing. The Pats play Cassel this pre-season more than his entire college and pro careers combined and keep him on the roster despite most of the "pundits" and messageboard analysts think he's going to get cut for the younger (more promising?) Gootz; even though Brady doesn't look in any way injured whenever he's seen on/off the field. They also keep 5 backs on the roster, which most view as a bit unusual, seemingly setting up for a more ground based attack this season. The only thing anyone talks about all pre-season is the backup QB position...more backup QB talk than anytime in history it seems.

then we have the first game of the season and Brady is gone, most likely for the season, before the second qtr even starts.....just feels fishy for some reason

seeing as you've signed on to this "theory"...what exactly do you think the point of all of this was?

I'm a Chargers fan who fishes regularly.
This isn't "fishy". You made it happen, just like Anikin Skywalker worrying about Padme's death during childbirth. Anikin's fear of her death results in his turn to the Dark Side by the Sith Lord. Padme dies in childbirth, because she's lost the will to live...because Anikin has turned to the Dark Side! He made it happen, and so did you, with all of your preseason posts about Cassell, O'Connell, and Gutierrez.
Another possibility is that you can perceive events before those events happen. If so, you guys are really good.
I read all those posts because I thought Cassell was good, and I didn't know what was happening to him in preseason. I graduated from San Diego State so long ago that I was unfamiliar with O'Connell, so I listened to all of your preseason games.
I'm very sorry you lost Brady, but I'm more worried about the Chargers, who have plenty of problems of their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back