PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Something about the '' U'' of Miami u should know b4 you judge Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asante4prez

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Everybody is questioning Merriweather and his "troubled" past. I say he is merely a product of thug university which is a historically known for its bad sportsmanship. Miami simply doesn't have control of it's players as you can all see when the school implemented a "zero tolerance policy" that would only be in effect after that FIU brawl. The team was suspended for only the game after which was against Duke and frankly if the game had been against FSU or UF, I bet Miami wouldn't have suspened a single player. The school simply is a haven for thugs and before all of us pats fans are worrying about his character, I ask you to look to the University that condones such behavior. Behlichick will simply not put up with egos as we've seen before (Law,Milloy,Branch..Samuel?)...He should be starting in a year or two and watch out this kid has potential...

GO PATS

You sound like you know a lot about the U. How much do you think its location plays into that reputation? Does it sort of become a self fullfilling prophecy to the players and the environment?

see this highlight film. Very nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-_JitnSfA

He should not have stomped that player but it shows intensity. The Patriots like intensity but frown on stupidity. The drafted Logan Mankins because of his mean streak. Remember he punched a Broncos player in the nuts after he stomped his hand.

The Gun story is a non issue, legal gun, justified shooting. He said he learned from it and would just call the police now.

He will do great :rocker:

Honestly I dont get what the big deal is. The two teams got into a fight, there guys were hitting your guys, As a team captain what was he suppose to do??!!! Stand still, now that would make his character questionable.

I'll tell you right now what the problem with U. Miami is. The administration is pressured into allowing the football program to run amok. What kind of signal are you sending the football players when you isolate them complettely from the student body, do NOT require them to go to class during the Fall semester (instead, Miami players take two two-week intercession courses BEFORE the fall semester and during the winter break)?

It's a real sham, and that's why the players are a bit out of control. The president of the university, Shalala, is the one to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes