PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Someone must know why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch retired a few weeks ago...

it was always unlikely that we would make a deep playoff push, this was a developmental year.

This season will enable our dynasty to kick on for perhaps another 5-8 years, with key performance evaluations, the opportunity to play with players who are still performing at a high level so they can adjust quicker and gain confidence from the players around them.

Bringing in 35 year olds to take reps off our youngesters will prevent them opportunities to perform without getting the hook and a better chance to develop.

I was as hopeful as anyone else that this would turn out to be a miracle season, maybe it will.

Not me, it's Belichick that is saying that, now isn't he? He probably really believes that the team is better off without them, but then Belichick doesn't have the advantages that you do for personnel evaluation, such as playing Madden and listening to Felger and Gresh on the radio.

:rofl:

10 characters

Why are solid veterans like John Lynch, Rosie Colvin, Junior Seau(and Ty Law before the Jets got him) to name a few not being called in to help a hurting defense?

This Patriots team is getting pretty good offensively with the emergence of Matt Cassel, why not make the D as good as it can be and try to win another ring?

It seems like BB is scrapping the season, playing with what he has, assessing his rookies in big games and playing for next year. Sure this will make them a better team NEXT YEAR but why not see how far we can go THIS YEAR?

Anyone else feel this year is worth a try?

Please don't tell me the DB's we got left are better than Lynch and Law.

Well Lynch officially retired in Tampa last week......so he must have realized that his skills just weren't "enough" to compete anymore.......and I think that Colvin's injuries have gotten the best of him unfortuneatly.....not sure about Seau....but obviously if BB thought he could help the team,......he would be here......He played great last year....not sure what he has left in the tank......Law wanted guaranteed playing time....from all reports BB was not going to commit to anything......

OK - now you guys CAN'T tell me that all of our DBs are better than Tyrone Poole. I mean the guy was just out there, available to us all season!

What's up with Belichick taking a pass on him????? ;)

OK - now you guys CAN'T tell me that all of our DBs are better than Tyrone Poole. I mean the guy was just out there, available to us all season!

What's up with Belichick taking a pass on him????? ;)

Ever heard of the addage, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"?

Of course, the Pats could steamroll the Fish and stomp the rest of the schedule like the Cloverfield monster on the way to the most unlikely SB win of Bill's career. And then a number of us will be **rapturously** nibbling crow in the quietest places in our hearts...

Pardon me; minor edit.

Oh yeah opposing offenses cringe seeing guys like Mike Richardson and James Sanders. They are way better players than Law and Lynch.

There is a very simple reason, those players are too old and cant play any more.
John Lynch was in our camp and was CUT.
Why do you inject mystery into a guy not being good enough to be on the team?

My wildass guess is, it's the coaching staff that knows why.

I'm going to disagree that the players you mentioned are "solid" veterans.

Take away that premise and you have your answer.

Originally Posted by JSn View Post
Of course, the Pats could steamroll the Fish and stomp the rest of the schedule like the Cloverfield monster on the way to the most unlikely SB win of Bill's career. And then a number of us will be **rapturously** nibbling crow in the quietest places in our hearts...

Pardon me; minor edit.

No need for pardon, hehe. Also ten-million percent true.

The Ty Law I saw on the field last Thursday would not have been worth bringing in even for the league minimum, but let's wait until the end of the season before declaring that the right move. With Wheatley out we ARE pretty thin at DB.

Seau is one I have wondered about as well, especially with Redd yet to be activated. If Mayo goes down during a game, you're going to have Vrabel-Bru-Guyton-Woods all playing full time with no reliable rotation.

Colvin must not have recovered from his injury yet.

It's not 'un-Patriotic' to question the FO time to time, nobody is infallible. Seau and Law could have at the least brought some depth and leadership to a defense which is clearly in need now. We will see in the next few weeks if what we have defensively is enough. Last Thursday was not a good sign but it was a short week to make up for the loss of AD and Warren also missed the game.

The only probable mistake I see is Law, and it feels as if that mistake was irretrievably made years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots