PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Someone didn't get the memo: 49ers DL Ray McDonald arrested on domestic battery charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the guy who replaced Sopoaga in SF, so if this leads to Sopoaga getting re-signed there, could only help the Pats I think.

He's the guy who replaced Sopoaga in SF, so if this leads to Sopoaga getting re-signed there, could only help the Pats I think.

Well, he's been playing for SF since he was drafted in 2007 so I'm not sure you could call it a direct replacement. :)

New policy couldn't even last a full week before it gets disobeyed.

The woman was pregnant, so my guess is more than six games for this jackass.

Yikes it's a shame to see anything like this on his Birthday as well I wonder if it had to do anything with him restructuring his contract 2 days beforehand?

Beating on pregnant woman? Six games is too light. Howsabout just moving him into the lifetime ban category right away. It is bad enough to beat a woman, it is a thousand times worse to beat her when she is pregnant.

What's the deal with the Harbaughs employing so many scumbags?

Not that it is something that people should be worrying about in light of this news, but I think the 49ers are going to implode this year. I don't know if they should still be considered in the top four teams in the league like they have been all summer. I thought they would take a step back anyway, but with this and Aldon Smith's suspension and Bowman going to the PUP this team looks to be primed for a potential free fall.

BTW, let's see if Jim Harbaugh is true to his word. According to Donte Whitner, he has a zero tolerance policy for violence towards women. One offense and you are gone.

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh doesn't seem to have much tolerance for those who partake in domestic violence. As PFT points out, this was a quote by safety Donte Whitner in regards to Harbaugh's views on the matter.

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he'll forgive us except put our hands on women," Whitner said. "If you put your hand on a woman, then you're done in his book.”

49ers DL Ray McDonald charged with felony domestic violence - CBSSports.com

Beating on pregnant woman? Six games is too light. Howsabout just moving him into the lifetime ban category right away. It is bad enough to beat a woman, it is a thousand times worse to beat her when she is pregnant.

What's the deal with the Harbaughs employing so many scumbags?

Not that it is something that people should be worrying about in light of this news, but I think the 49ers are going to implode this year. I don't know if they should still be considered in the top four teams in the league like they have been all summer. I thought they would take a step back anyway, but with this and Aldon Smith's suspension and Bowman going to the PUP this team looks to be primed for a potential free fall.

I agree with you on both counts

“He said that we can do anything in the world and we can come and talk to him and he'll forgive us except put our hands on women," Whitner said. "If you put your hand on a woman, then you're done in his book.”

If that's accurate I expect SF to be the 1st to field an all gay squad!

A football player being violent who would have thunk it. It always fascinates me that people have such high expectations for these players character.

It's awful to be violent, period. To be violent days after the league memo : awful and stupid.

If it's true and he did it howzabout we just pour him into the foundation of a house and just move along? Effing gutless slug...

A woman is beaten every 15 seconds in the United States. (Bureau of Justice Statistics, Report to the nation on Crime and Justice.)

Scumbag is as scumbag does. Everyone thinks THIS is big news? If he was some everyday joe,it'd be a two line blurb on a police blotter.An NFL player? A person who goes through rigorous ,exhaustive physical, mental and psychological workups just to get in the league? The Niners didn't know THIS scumbag's character from the get? Sure they did. He's a mean, violent ,obviously sociopathic human paid a vast sum to play an extremely violent sport. They got their pound of flesh and now saint Harbaugh will cut him because the one thing he hates is a woman beater? Heh...yeah ...Saint Harbaugh...the same scumbag that'd do dirty deals with his brother to get them both in the Super Bowl. Screw Harbaugh, HE should be fired for knowingly employing a sub-mongoloidal animal that would commit felony assault on a PREGNANT WOMAN.

Oh wait...make that a 6 game suspension because it's FOOTBALL...and you're innocent until proven guilty and then STILL innocent. Watch. Mr Tough Guy On Women Beatingbaugh ain't gonna do squat.

If he played football as good as Aldon Smith he wouldn't be getting cut anytime soon. Sad Harbaugh isn't man enough to do the right thing.

Yikes it's a shame to see anything like this on his Birthday as well I wonder if it had to do anything with him restructuring his contract 2 days beforehand?

I'm on my first cup of coffee, thus you'll have to excuse me if I don't get your post......WTF? Your being sarcastic, right?

I'm thinking it probably had a lot to do with Patron or some similar beverage. She probably said something to him in front of his friends and he did went full ghetto on her.

I wasn't there, so I can't say, but I've seen, first hand, this very same situation play out more than once and that was enough for a lifetime.

I used to live in a low rent apt. bldg. One day I heard the sounds of a man violently beating a woman in the apt. next door. I ran to the bldg. manager and he came running with a baseball bat. Soon after the cops arrived and soon after that an ambulance arrived. They carried the woman out on a stretcher, her face badly beaten. The whole time they were wheeling her out, she was begging the cops not to put her husband in jail. The sights and sounds of that day will live with me forever and like the poster Gwedd said "that was enough for a lifetime"

I hope Harbaugh kicks this scumbag off the team and Goodell keeps his word about the 6 game suspension. But we all know that zero tolerance only applies to fringe players. If your a valuable player to your team, you know they well bend over backwards to look the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes