PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some WRs who may be available (from KFFL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Pittsburgh's Lee Mays has been released.

Cleveland's Frishman Jackson is expecting to be released.

The Jets are looking to trade Laverneous Coles.

The Lions have released Charles Rogers.

The Seahawks have released Peter Warrick.

stinkypete said:

This should be a main thread for a while.

We should post all available WR's who get cut here in the next coming days.

Coles might be getting traded? I wonder if he is in danger of being cut. I'd take a shot at him.

I would still look at Charles Rogers even though he is a complete moron.

I still like Peter Warrick, we did look at bringing him in before so maybe there.

Depending on his toe, I would love to trade for Coles. I also cast a vote for Rogers although that's a real longshot to pay off. Everyone else who's cut will be a JAG most likely.

stinkypete said:

Im liking Frishman Jackson.Thats sucha great name.We would see him being called Fishman all the time,and Being here in New England near the ocean.He would fit in great wouldnt he? Ok Ok..Sorry.I had to...lol

BelichickFan said:
Everyone else who's cut will be a JAG most likely.
How many WR's do the Jaguars have???:confused:

;)

SeanBruschi54 said:
How many WR's do the Jaguars have???:confused:

;)
LOL, JAG works better in baseball than football I guess :)

Trade Branch for Coles and a pick. Sign Charles Rogers. Then breathe easier.

Coles
Caldwell
Rogers
Brown
Jackson

plus

Watson
Graham (who isn't being messed up and holding out like Branch although he could easily be doing that too)
Thomas
Mills
Maroney
Faulk
Dillon

gives us more then enough firepower.

Sorry Bam Bam

Patriots4Ever said:
NICE!..Thats what im talking about NEM!
Don't feed the animal!

Charles Rogers is a talentless bum who's made it worse by doing drugs.

Why would anybody want that pile?

The Packers might release Rod Gardner. He's a talentless bum who hasn't been caught.

If you want a guy who makes 1st-down catches, works his butt off on every play, and overachieves as a habit, watch for the Bengals to release Antonio Chatman. On an open-minded team like the Patriots, he could become a blue-collar success. He's had a hip injury all preseason and has not been able to practice, so he might be cut.

Z, while I agree that so far Rogers hasn't used his talent. There is no denying he has talent. Maybe a change of scenery is all he needs, at the very very least he will strech the field. Besides who knows what he can do with Brady throwing to him.

NEM said:
"Fishman makes a great catch"
Well, that's better than say "Fishman lets one get away".

Johnny Z said:
Charles Rogers is a talentless bum who's made it worse by doing drugs.

Why would anybody want that pile?

The Packers might release Rod Gardner. He's a talentless bum who hasn't been caught.

If you want a guy who makes 1st-down catches, works his butt off on every play, and overachieves as a habit, watch for the Bengals to release Antonio Chatman. On an open-minded team like the Patriots, he could become a blue-collar success. He's had a hip injury all preseason and has not been able to practice, so he might be cut.
Antonio Chatman was the guy with the massive hip injury from last year in Green Bay? I forgot all about that.

I figured Kelly Washington would be cut before Chatman.

The three players below interested me when I was searching the draft for a possible David Givens replacement, I wouldn't mind knowing they came in for a try out or spent a week or two on the Practice Squad for a look:
Texans released WR Richie Ross
Bills released WR Chris Denney, WR Martin Nance

On a related but seperate note: Colts release Dan Federkeil, I keep seeing him listed as an OT, but he was a DE in Calgary and in the Shrine game where I saw him play. I thought he was athletic enough to be considered for Elephant training, I wouldn't mind seeing him turn up on the Practice Squad either.

At one time, Warrick has the ability to make the qwitch twitch cuts and create separation. Now I have not seen him this preseason and I don't know if he's healthy, but if he has any kind of speed at all, our offense could be a decent fit for him. On a one year vet minimum contract, we could take a peek.

mavfan2390 said:
Trade Branch for Coles and a pick. Sign Charles Rogers. Then breathe easier.

Coles
Caldwell
Rogers
Brown
Jackson

plus

Watson
Graham (who isn't being messed up and holding out like Branch although he could easily be doing that too)
Thomas
Mills
Maroney
Faulk
Dillon

gives us more then enough firepower.

Sorry Bam Bam
I'd take Bam over Reche. Bam really is looking more and more like a Troy clone, and I would certainly take a Troy over Reche.

stinkypete said:

Coles has a chronic toe thing. Rogers busted his collar bone twice, and smoked bones more than twice.

Warrick can't be much if a team in need of WRs out right cuts him.

Don't know anything about F. Jackson. Lee Mays I use to like, but don't know his progress of late.

I still have my eyes open for a Bengal receiver, to see if one becomes available today.

Bostonian1962 said:
Coles has a chronic toe thing. Rogers busted his collar bone twice, and smoked bones more than twice.

Warrick can't be much if a team in need of WRs out right cuts him.

Don't know anything about F. Jackson. Lee Mays I use to like, but don't know his progress of late.

I still have my eyes open for a Bengal receiver, to see if one becomes available today.

The Seahawks aren't a team in NEED of WRs. They have 4 good ones in Darrell Jackson, Bobby Engram, DJ Hackett, and Nate Burleson. It was going to be tough for Warrick to make that team. And he may have asked for his release if he couldn't be out Hackett.

D. Jackson might be hurt. I think this is why the Seahawks have expressed interested in Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back