PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazinPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Okay, I've digested what has happened now, and here's what I'm thinking. It's not all bad right now.

1. We've got a great defence which can carry the show until our new qb, whether it be Cassell or Simms or Rattay learn the playbook and get in sync with the receivers. We can use game management-style offense for a few games to get the new qb comfortable.

2. As great as Brady was, he was starting to get too predictable. Opposing defences felt they had the blueprint to rush him and hit him hard. I had some doubts also as to whether his hunger was as great as it was. The stats were there for sure, but he seemed less intense at the end or played more on autodrive. It seems the NFL gods demand new flesh in order to maintain the hunger which drives winning teams.

3. A lot of pressure has been lifted off the team. Now they can play fun football again--both on offense and defence.

4. No team should EVER have to rely on a single player. If they do then they don't deserve to go very far.

5. One could argue that we've already delayed the process of finding an eventual replacement for Tom Brady, who cannot play forever. Here we are pushed into doing so. It's about time.

6. Brady is going to take a long time before getting back into good football shape. It's time for this team to take on a new identity. As good as the old identy was with Tom Brady, we had all the teams ganging up on us, and we looked stale at the end and couldn't win the big one. Time for our new identity. I am personally looking forward to the rest of the season.

7. We've got the horses and will still go far. Let's go!!!

Good post. trying my best to look at the bright side. I would love for us to beat the Jets next week. How insulting would that be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back