PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some somber perspective on Brady's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
We cant assume that every like injury will have the same recovery. Every person, procedure and recovery is different.

I expect Brady to be back next year as good as he has always been, but no one can say for sure he will be back 100%

Yes. But he could also be better.

but no one can say for sure he will be back 100%
Obviously. But unless there was something more than a torn ACL, MCL and dislocated kneecap (what Palmer had) there is every reason to think he'll be fine.

It's a shame that we lose a year of Brady-to-Moss, especially when Moss has just a couple years left at the top of his game.

But Brady will be back,better than ever. After all, he's TOM ****ING BRADY!!

Yes. But he could also be better.

Well, I have had a couple of surgeries and have never been better after, but then again, I don't have world renown surgeons doing the operation:D

Well, I have had a couple of surgeries and have never been better after, but then again, I don't have world renown surgeons doing the operation:D

Well, better in a different way. Brady never relied on his legs anyway, he was never much of a scrambler. Also, he's getting the opportunity to heal up any other nagging injuries he may have had that we don't even know about (and ones we do, like his foot).

Well, better in a different way. Brady never relied on his legs anyway, he was never much of a scrambler. Also, he's getting the opportunity to heal up any other nagging injuries he may have had that we don't even know about (and ones we do, like his foot).

I agree, I hope all of his old aches and pains get time to heal as well.

Well, it's funny to read all the anti-Culpepper talk about how he's washed up and broken and busted, and they say this because he had season-ending ligament damage to his knee. Sound familiar?

Honestly, I feel like Tom Brady was killed in a car wreck on Sunday. It's just about what happened. There really is no way of knowing what Brady will look like when he gets back.

Not all that comparable. When Culpepper was good, it was basically for 3 reasons. 1) he was throwing to Randy Moss. He was never very good at reading coverages, but teams had to overload on Moss so thoroughly that it wasn't nearly as big of a deal as it could have been. 2) He could run. 3) He was big and stout enough that he could oftentimes withstand hits from defenders and stay standing. When Culpepper's knee went out, it took away a lot of his mobility, which was a lot of what made him any good in the first place. Secondly, he wasn't throwing to Randy Moss anymore. Culpepper sucked BEFORE the knee injury- in the 6 games he played before the injury that season, he had 6 TDs and 12 interceptions. Culpepper didn't become bad after the knee injury- he was exposed as not being very good the day he had to take the field without Moss, and then the knee injury went and took away the few assets that he actually had 2 months later. He also had about half the recovery time that Brady will have, was never known for having a strong work ethic in the first place, and didn't rehab under the supervision of the team trainer.This isn't even close to comparable to Brady, and I'll be pretty surprised if Brady isn't back at full strength next season.

BTW, would anyone else not be surprised if Brady went and had one or two additional surgeries that the public is unlikely to ger find out about? Hopefully the nagging stuff with his shoulder, groin, foot, and whatever else we don't know about will finally have time to properly heal.

Last edited:
the pats will do fine and tom will be back as soon as he can. we have a great D a good run game and a couple great recievers.AND WE'VE GOT BILLLLLL

LETS DO IT

Has Belichick said exactly what Brady tore in his knee?

Good point. No, but I remember Palmer rolling on the field in agony after his hit. Brady, OTOH, looked unhappy but uncomfortable at worst. Plus, all we have heard is torn ACL only. I know it's secondhand, but so many people have reported it there is most likely truth to it.

Oh, and I had forgotten about Rivers. Yeah, he looks fine, too.

Brady will be back. Maybe not better than ever. but just as good as pre injury works for me! :D

Culpepper is a bad example because he had a 72 QB rating the year he got hurt - he already sucked.

Carson Palmer was hurt 4 months later in the season. He was back for game one. His QB rating went from 101 to 94. Not a big drop. His YPA went up from 7.5 to 7.8. He was worse last year but the Bengals were internally disintegrating.

Heck, Rivers is already back after a late January ACL tear. We'll see how good, I guess, we can't say for sure yet.

I'm not saying there's no risk but Palmer came back just fine; these surgeries and rehabs have improved a lot over the years.

Perfectly said.

In addition to being a QB on the decline before his injury, Culpepper was also fat and out of shape.

Brady will be fine for two reasons: (1.) He has a great attitude and (2.) He is a tireless worker.

Way too early to tie the noose around the neck and kick the chair away...we have no idea how this will play out.

However, I have been a broken record out here ever since February, trying to remind people about how extraordinary the last seven years have been, especially in the post cap era. Five trips to the AFCG, four trips to the SB, three SB rings. No team or franchise has come vaguely, vaguely close to that since the era began. And, we've had a chance to watch one of the greatest QB's in NFL history for seven years of his prime...

2006 and 2007 were opportunities that slipped through our fingers and that remind us of just how hard it is to climb to the top of the mountain in the NFL today. Most players enter the league now hoping, just hoping, to play in ONE Conference Championship Game and ONE SB.

If the OP is right, the odds are that this is the end of an era. But, the odds have been wrong before. If they're right in this case, then let's just be thankful for what we've had.

Meanwhile, I've got a very expensive dinner in Manhattan riding on the Pats beating the Jets on Sunday and I KNOW the other guy will be buying...

Couple things about Palmer's injury:
1. He was never as good as Tom Brady
2. He plays for the Bengals
3. Youtube his injury he had to be carted off the field

Brady was able to walk off albeit with the help of others. The fact that he was able to put some pressure on the leg afterwords tells me it's not a career threatening injury. My brother blew out all the ligaments in his knee two years ago when he was 19 and he said it was impossible to walk in the immediate aftermath of the injury. The harder you rehab the quicker you get better and there should be no reason that he's less than 100 percent by the time offseason workouts start.

That article is complete gloom and doom BS.....

Robert Edwards supposedly had one of the worst knee injuries in pro sports history. Edwards had torn three of his left knee's four major ligaments—the ACL, MCL and PCL—and had partially torn the fourth; he had damaged a major nerve; and, most serious of all, he had sliced the artery through which blood reaches the lower leg. He almost had to have his leg amputated below the knee.

Eventually Edwards made it back to the NFL and later rushed for two 1,000 yard seasons in the CFL.

Brady will be fine.....

Well we know the Pats will go out in FA and look for another ILB since Bruschi probably won't be out there as much as he is right now and of course another Safety to replace Harrison who probably retires so yes 2009 could be another different looking team for Tom although the defense will change more than the offense

Last edited:
Eventually Edwards made it back to the NFL and later rushed for two 1,000 yard seasons in the CFL.

Just so you know, a lot of the elitist noodleheads here won't respect a single accomplishment in the CFL.

Just so you know, a lot of the elitist noodleheads here won't respect a single accomplishment in the CFL.

hmmm...obviously the CFL is not comparable to the NFL....The point is that even after Edwards injury he was able to return to pro football. That was after the doctor told him he would be walking with a cane the rest of his life.

As long as Brady can do the following, I'm happy:

Read the field
Deliver a pass

So what if his 40-time gets worse by .1 or .2 seconds. We'll be fine, and he'll be fine. He'll probably play into his late 30s, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play until he's 40. Missing this time may give him a new insatiable desire to play for longer.

As long as Brady can do the following, I'm happy:

Read the field
Deliver a pass

So what if his 40-time gets worse by .1 or .2 seconds. We'll be fine, and he'll be fine. He'll probably play into his late 30s, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him play until he's 40. Missing this time may give him a new insatiable desire to play for longer.

At least his foot will have time to heal:eek:

This is insane: consider the source! This guy is a sports fan typing at a cramped desk, and you want to take his word as Gospel? Bizarre...

SVN, you are a negativity vacuum; every gloomy article on the net you find and post, seemingly within minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back