Welcome to PatsFans.com

Some somber perspective on Brady's injury

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

http://community.foxsports.com/blog...Street_Credits_NFL_Report_Regular_Season_Week

thats depressing...
  2. BradyisGod

BradyisGod Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What a load of horse crap. When has this team not re-tooled when its needed to. So when Randy Moss is old and decrepid, the Patriots are just going to fold up the tents and shut the stadium down?

No, what this is, is his wishful thinking projected as "objective journalism".
  3. NJPatsfan26

NJPatsfan26 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

4. Cannon Arm

Cannon Arm Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, it's funny to read all the anti-Culpepper talk about how he's washed up and broken and busted, and they say this because he had season-ending ligament damage to his knee. Sound familiar?

Honestly, I feel like Tom Brady was killed in a car wreck on Sunday. It's just about what happened. There really is no way of knowing what Brady will look like when he gets back.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

even carson palmer doesnt look the same anymore after his surgery. but its the bengals too..
  6. Double G

Double G Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

"thats depressing..."

Great, a kick in the ballsack on Sunday followed by a punch to the stomach with this on Tuesday, what next, locusts and black plague on Thursday?
  7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Culpepper is a bad example because he had a 72 QB rating the year he got hurt - he already sucked.

Carson Palmer was hurt 4 months later in the season. He was back for game one. His QB rating went from 101 to 94. Not a big drop. His YPA went up from 7.5 to 7.8. He was worse last year but the Bengals were internally disintegrating.

Heck, Rivers is already back after a late January ACL tear. We'll see how good, I guess, we can't say for sure yet.

I'm not saying there's no risk but Palmer came back just fine; these surgeries and rehabs have improved a lot over the years.
  8. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Palmer has been fine. You're right it is the Bengals. Brady will be ready to go next season, there is no doubt in my mind that Brady now feels that there is 'unfinished business' for him to finish next year and beyond.
  9. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

McNabb is another one who saw little to zero drop off.

Brady will have several more months to recover than the others too, due to the timing of the injury.
  10. marcus

marcus Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Donovan Mcnabb had an ACL tear and was out for a year.
    He looks pretty damned good right now and I fully expect the same for TB
  11. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

No, it's horsesh!t. It doens't compare to Palmer, because Palmer had ALL of his ligaments torn, and he came back after 7 or 8 months.

Brady isn't a WR or RB. He just has to be able to plant his foot when he's throwing. And look at Deion Branch, he hurt his during the playoffs and he will be back in a few weeks.

And, he has an entire year to recover. If this was going to happen, better now than in November or December.

Brady will be fine. This guy is just spouting hopes and dreams.
  12. 3rd & Long

3rd & Long Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, Rivers has made it back after having surgery in late January...he has looked great in training camp, pre-season, & opening day. They are getting better at fixing these things all the time and I'm sure Brady will put the effort in to get back as soon as possible.

I think the theory about it taking 2 years has more to do with the mental aspects for year 2. If Brady is as tough as I think he is, he'll be back to his normal self for next year.
  13. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well, gosh, someone better tell Brady that it's hopeless. I mean, he's NEVER faced any adversity in his career, from college on. Never had to prove a damn thing. And we all know how he shrinks from a challenge.:rolleyes:
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Yeah, the only drop in his stats was when he lost Terrell Owens.
  15. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

The anti-Culpepper talk is exactly why Culpepper is different than Brady. Brady is a cerebral QB who doesn't reely on his physical abilities. Culpepper totally relied on his physical attributes to play and he alsoe was a running threat that made teams have to spy on him.

Also, Culpepper tore all three ligaments. He decided to rehab on his own rather than under a trainer's supervision. He also rushed back before he should have.
  16. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Palmer also dislocated his kneecap - that's got to hurt :eek:
  17. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Dislocated kneecap can be a career ender.
  18. Cannon Arm

Cannon Arm Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Has Belichick said exactly what Brady tore in his knee?
  19. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We cant assume that every like injury will have the same recovery. Every person, procedure and recovery is different.

I expect Brady to be back next year as good as he has always been, but no one can say for sure he will be back 100%
  20. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

Yeah, and he tore it at the end of November of 2006 and the first game of the season in 2007 he threw for 312 yards, 2 TDs, and an INT. Brady has almost three extra months to rehab.
  21. Bella*chick

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yes. But he could also be better.
  22. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +37 / 2 / -3

#24 Jersey

Obviously. But unless there was something more than a torn ACL, MCL and dislocated kneecap (what Palmer had) there is every reason to think he'll be fine.
  23. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's a shame that we lose a year of Brady-to-Moss, especially when Moss has just a couple years left at the top of his game.

But Brady will be back,better than ever. After all, he's TOM FVCKING BRADY!!
  24. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I have had a couple of surgeries and have never been better after, but then again, I don't have world renown surgeons doing the operation:D
  25. Bella*chick

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Well, better in a different way. Brady never relied on his legs anyway, he was never much of a scrambler. Also, he's getting the opportunity to heal up any other nagging injuries he may have had that we don't even know about (and ones we do, like his foot).
  26. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree, I hope all of his old aches and pains get time to heal as well.
  27. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not all that comparable. When Culpepper was good, it was basically for 3 reasons. 1) he was throwing to Randy Moss. He was never very good at reading coverages, but teams had to overload on Moss so thoroughly that it wasn't nearly as big of a deal as it could have been. 2) He could run. 3) He was big and stout enough that he could oftentimes withstand hits from defenders and stay standing. When Culpepper's knee went out, it took away a lot of his mobility, which was a lot of what made him any good in the first place. Secondly, he wasn't throwing to Randy Moss anymore. Culpepper sucked BEFORE the knee injury- in the 6 games he played before the injury that season, he had 6 TDs and 12 interceptions. Culpepper didn't become bad after the knee injury- he was exposed as not being very good the day he had to take the field without Moss, and then the knee injury went and took away the few assets that he actually had 2 months later. He also had about half the recovery time that Brady will have, was never known for having a strong work ethic in the first place, and didn't rehab under the supervision of the team trainer.This isn't even close to comparable to Brady, and I'll be pretty surprised if Brady isn't back at full strength next season.

BTW, would anyone else not be surprised if Brady went and had one or two additional surgeries that the public is unlikely to ger find out about? Hopefully the nagging stuff with his shoulder, groin, foot, and whatever else we don't know about will finally have time to properly heal.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  28. homerpatsfan

homerpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

the pats will do fine and tom will be back as soon as he can. we have a great D a good run game and a couple great recievers.AND WE'VE GOT BILLLLLL

LETS DO IT
  29. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

30. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Good point. No, but I remember Palmer rolling on the field in agony after his hit. Brady, OTOH, looked unhappy but uncomfortable at worst. Plus, all we have heard is torn ACL only. I know it's secondhand, but so many people have reported it there is most likely truth to it.

Oh, and I had forgotten about Rivers. Yeah, he looks fine, too.

Brady will be back. Maybe not better than ever. but just as good as pre injury works for me! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.