Welcome to PatsFans.com

Some Republicans backing away from McCain

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

As the McCain/Palin campaign becomes increasingly desperate and undignified, it's good to see that some Republicans are starting to speak out.

Former governor Milliken backs away from McCain - Grand Rapids News - The Grand Rapids Press Online - Michigan Newspaper - MLive.com

GRAND RAPIDS -- He endorsed John McCain in the presidential primary, but now former Republican Gov. William Milliken is expressing doubts about his party's nominee.

"He is not the McCain I endorsed," said Milliken, reached at his Traverse City home Thursday. "He keeps saying, 'Who is Barack Obama?' I would ask the question, 'Who is John McCain?' because his campaign has become rather disappointing to me.

Former Republican senator criticizes McCain, supports Obama - Grand Rapids News - The Grand Rapids Press Online - Michigan Newspaper - MLive.com

Lincoln Chafee, a former Republican U.S. senator from Rhode Island, is throwing his support behind Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, saying he is disillusioned with Republican John McCain.

"Sen. Obama is the first Democrat I've ever voted for," Chafee said during a stop in Grand Rapids this morning.

He criticized McCain for pandering to the Republican Party's right wing, a strategy he said is dividing the nation and would make it difficult for McCain to govern.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Lincoln Chaffee :rofl: I thought you were going to name an actual republican.

You do realize that there are Democrats that support McCain, should we start a thread for each one of them?

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +485 / 20 / -17

Well here's another one, from one of the founders of the religious right (and I might add someone I've cited in the past for his radical views).

McCain's attacks fuel dangerous hatred -- baltimoresun.com

John McCain: If your campaign does not stop equating Sen. Barack Obama with terrorism, questioning his patriotism and portraying Mr. Obama as "not one of us," I accuse you of deliberately feeding the most unhinged elements of our society the red meat of hate, and therefore of potentially instigating violence.

John McCain: In 2000, as a lifelong Republican, I worked to get you elected instead of George W. Bush. In return, you wrote an endorsement of one of my books about military service. You seemed to be a man who put principle ahead of mere political gain.

Stop stirring up the lunatic fringe of haters, or risk suffering the judgment of history and the loathing of the American people - forever.

We will hold you responsible.

4. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

[​IMG]

Nice try, but Frank Schaeffer is a liberal democrat.

5. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I suppose George Will is too.

many non-lunatic conservatives are appalled at McCain-Palins's Bob Roberts re-creations.

they are nuts if they think this can win, all it will do is isolate the far right and create a landslide Obama win. But my fear is someone is going to get hurt, and that will be a very scary thing for this country.

6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Whatever, you are a fraud.

YouTube - WHITEY TAPE - NO JOKE louis farrakhan Calls OBAMA the messiah! Helter Skelter

Practice what you preach.

Urban Dictionary: fake Christian

7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

You put politics above Christianity obviously, to skew the Word of God to prove a political point is not of God.

You are one of those "You have vote Republican to be a Christian" lunatic.

It is you who are spreading a lie from the enemy. And I rebuke you for it in the name of Jesus Christ.

Try reading the Bible instead of picking and choosing your verses and relying on interpretations from political websites.

Shame on you.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

Don't worry Lifer, The Obamessiah will save you.

[​IMG]

Anyone who thinks he is god, is a phony, and I have heard it to much for him and his "flock"

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

any preacher who owns a MEGA church is a moron. Anyone who follows that person is an idiot. Thou Shalt Not Worship False Idols ...I think it goes something like that.

I'm not into faith based politics, butI'd be willing to bet my life that Jesus was a liberal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the Thread.

Losing George Will as a supporter, and having him critique McCain is bad for the conservatives. Say what you will about if you agree with the McCain strategy today or not. But you have to admit...at the very least .. McCain's campaign has been "schizophrenic"

Republicans,

Don't get pissed at the conservative people who splinter, get pissed at the strategy that seems to be splitting a party. You aguys are preety close to being taken off the grill right now.

Obama has a 6.3 average lead today, yesterday it was 5.9....see a trend?

10. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

No, PatsFanInEaglesLand, I'm Saved by Jesus.

You may find being a conservative Republican first and foremost isnt whats going to save you.

PatsFanInEaglesLand, Fogbuster, Real World and others.........

this is the political forum. I post political things in it. When you disagree with me I wonder why you have a need to go after my relationship with Jesus.

Its fine, thank you. Perhaps you could examine your own, and we can resume talking about politics if you dont mind.

If you would like to discuss religious and spiritual matters perhaps a thread in the Religion forum would be more appropriate.

11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +831 / 7 / -3

So you think Wright is a moron, and that Obama is an idiot then? Just checking.

A liberal in what sense? Policitical, or social? Please don't tell me that you think like Patters does, and believe that Jesus was, or would be, pro-baby killing?

I applaud Will. I think conservatives are beginning to realize, that after 8 years of a fony conservative, give conservatives a bad name, GW & Co., that just getting your "party" in, while selling your principles, ends up being a net negative in the long run. If people only stuck to their core principles, we'd be in a better place. Selling your soul means you end choosing between Coke, or Pepsi, while ignoring all the things that matter.

As for his campaign, it has no identity. McCain has no platform to speak of.

Obama should thank the financial gods that the financial crisis happened, and that McLame's campaign is brain dead. If the crisis doesn't happen, Obama is tied, or behind in this race. I say that with all seriousness. Also, they should send McLame a thank you card. Had the "Maverick" opposed the bailout, he'd be up 10 points. Stupid is as stupid does I guess.

12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Yes, I do believe that if you go to a stadium church, and the preacher is driving anything aside from the most meager automobile... etc you are a fraud in terms of your beliefs. That includes Rev Wright, Ted Haggard, The Saddleback church, Jery Fallwell etc. Anyone who expliots religion is a fool. Faith is something you should keep to yourself. These ********s never do.

I'm not so sure that 'baby-killing' is supported by anyone. I'm pretty positive that most people are against the slaughter of babies ...

BTW: Very dumb way to frame a complex issue. baby killing.....ugh....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we agree on the rest of the thread. Its a prefect combo for Obama. When I said things couldn't get worse....they did. And McCain seems ot have no foundation, and no direction....he seems LOST at best.

13. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +831 / 7 / -3

What about Obama being a moron for sitting in that church for 20 years? You didn't reply to that part.

It's baby killing. Whether you think the mom's right over her body supercedes the value of the fetus, is the difference. I'm about as certain as I can be, that if Jesus were alive today, he wouldn't view a life inside a womb, as a "bunch of cells", a scab, or a choice. He'd see it for what it is, which is a human being. I don't want to get into a bit about what abortion is, or isn't, but either way, Jesus certainly wouldn't approve.

McCain's a man without any true direction. It's why I never was a big fan. Anyone who thought that the Amnesty bill was a great piece of legislation, isn't someone I could support. They're all the same though, which a lot of people will eventually find out.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  15. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I thought you were talking about the article which I just read on CNN, which cites the National Review. Kind of funny, members here are in denial. Just look at the national polls where red states are up for grabs. Those red states are Republicans backing away from McCain.

McCain faces conservative backlash over mortgage plan - CNN.com

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,788 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Jesus H Christ ... Patter's was doing good and then fumbled with the Linc Chaffee bomb ... ouch!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Who ever "went after your relationship with Jesus"???? It's you who have been telling others what Jesus does and does not say.

Grow up.

//

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

Read this AM that Bill Buckley's son is supporting Obama..