PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some quotes from the Jaguars.com Message Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the posters there have the words "Beat the Patriots" in their signatures.

Here's some highlights of the more amusing quotes. I'm sticking with these instead of pro-Patriots accolades.

BritJag
Registered Member
Date Joined Nov 2000
Total Posts : 1580 Posted Today 9:49 PM (GMT -5)

Crush em harder. The Jags are more physical, I really believe that. Keep knocking them down so they lack confidence as the game wears on, not the other way around. You allow them to stick around, they get pumped up to rally past you in the 4th.

Dante's Inferno
Of Godhuman Nature
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 3870 Posted Today 9:51 PM (GMT -5)

Corey is only averaging 3.5 Yards Per Carry. We can stop their running game. The key to this game is to stop - Tom - Brady! If we can do that, we win this game. Not even stop, just contain. On offense, it's going to help a ton to have Jones and Pearman. A strong, power running game and a nice stable of backs will help immensely in a cold, snowy game. Other than that, Byron just needs to go deep. We score 24, I bet we win this game.

Ga Jag
Registered Member
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 1117 Posted Today 9:58 PM (GMT -5)

Right...Stop the big play.......The Pats will be discouraged when they are not able to jump ouit to a quick lead and then will self destruct.

Dante's Inferno
Of Godhuman Nature
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 3870 Posted Today 10:04 PM (GMT -5)

Knock Brady down...early, viciously (without injury), and often. That's why I am praying Hayward, Spicer, and Peterson will be up and running. We know McCray, Big John, Stoud, Meier, and others are capable of getting the big sack. That will be a big key to this game. Knock him down, throw him out of rythem and all that is left is to stop Corey...

Hog Leg Humper
Come and Get You Some Ellis Hobbs!
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 93 Posted Yesterday 12:56 AM (GMT -5)

We will bring it to them next weekend. I am not going to register on their board, so please relay the message for me. You tell them HogLegHumper said we're gonna kick their azzes.

Hog Leg Humper
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 93 Posted Yesterday 1:08 AM (GMT -5)

You guys better have your five layers of protection ready next weekend cuz your gonna need them.

I guess your defense getting lit up by GUS FREAKIN FREROTTE today doesn't worry you chumps either, huh.

BritJag
Registered Member
Date Joined Nov 2000
Total Posts : 1580 Posted Yesterday 1:22 AM (GMT -5)

LOL...so you'd rather face the team that beats the Pats than the Pats themselves? Because 'you know you can beat the Jags?'. Not arrogant at all! This is becoming too funny, everybody wants to play the less scary Jags. And they'll just keep winning. Pats go down in NE next week. Jags' confidence soars going in to Indy to beat a dishevelled and less focused Indy team. Watch!!!!

Hog Leg Humper
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 93 Posted Yesterday 1:25 AM (GMT -5)

We've been winning with our backup for almost half the season, so whats your point? Your secondary sucks and we will put pressure on Tom, which equals a win. It is nice to be overlooked by Seattle,Cincy,Pitt, and NOW NE. I seem to remember that your team started out 4-4...so who is lucky to see the playoffs?

BTW, wave good bye to your so called dynasty. The Pats will spend a long, lonely winter watching from the couch.

TheSpacePope
Registered Member
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 730 Posted Yesterday 1:47 AM (GMT -5)

Your scrubs are the same as your starters. Your secondary is crap. Your whole defense is a fast-sinking ship and if Brady were injured in the middle of the season (like our Leftwich was) you'd be watching the playoffs on TV. Which you will after wildcard weekend anyway..

The media is going to absolutely hate it.. but the Jags are going to the Super Bowl. And no NFC team can beat an AFC team in the Super Bowl.

Jagfan for life
Registered Member
Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 233 Posted Yesterday 1:48 AM (GMT -5)

We'll beat the Pats Sat. Night then come up to RCA "Piped in Crowd Noise" Dome, and do the same to you....We will be the team to end your season, it'll be another choke job by the - King of the Chokers - Peyton "Jughead" Manning.

Hog Leg Humper
Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 93 Posted Yesterday 1:48 AM (GMT -5)

A preseason game with playoff implications?

You guys are gonna regret playing your "scrubs" and having to face the Jags instead of the Steelers.

So.Cal Jag
Registered Member
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 759 Posted Yesterday 2:39 AM (GMT -5)

Sure, you do. You did it 6 times this year. Also, you sound pretty desperate on our MB, & you should. Sporting a record og 10-6, one that strikes fear in all. It's gonna be nice when our 12-4 Jags come into Trashboro, & play the 10-6 Pansies, & stroll out with the win.

BTW, your defense has been getting lit up by weaker opponents ALL year long. Check out our receiving fleet before you come on here talking trash. If you do not recognize any Jag players names, we will remind you next weekend.

So.Cal Jag
Registered Member
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 759 Posted Yesterday 2:51 AM (GMT -5)

Keep holding onto the past, because it's fading fast. Come to think of it, it'll officially come to an end at approximately 11:30 PM on Saturday 1/7/06. It's gonna be a c-c-c-cold ride home for you, as your tears turn to ice, running down your face. Also, make sure you get some extra newspaper, to stuff into the rust-holes of your broken down sled.

Last edited:
Sounds like they're wound pretty tightly over there. I guess Jags fans are as inexperienced with the playoffs as their team. Oh well, they'll get their cherries popped Saturday night. Sometimes you just have to live to learn.

I bet that board is a ghost town after 9pm on a school night.

Yawn.. Bush league town, bush league fans.

My favorite parts are when the Jagfans strategize about a quick start to "demoralize and psyche out the Patriots".

Umm, these are the Three-Time World Champion New England Patriots. You aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto. You folks are playing in the big leagues now.

So, Jagsfans, grab yer tobacky and moonshine and settle down by the ol' Philco with cuzzin Ethel and see how a real dynasty operates.

.....and try not to get blinded by the glare of the Super Bowl Rings.

Very confident fans......nuthin wrong with that. They do have a very good team, but if the Pats play like they did against Tampa, nobody can beat them. That's all I'm hoping for, 4 exact replicas of the Tampa game, it doesn't guarantee shutouts, but it does guarantee 4 straight wins. That's why I wish the Tampa game was the last regualr season game, The best performance by the Pats all season, followed up by some so-so games against the Jets and Dolphins, has me a bit worried (my nature). I'm not as confident as most of you guys or the Jag fans.

Damn! I never looked at it like that.

I guess we just can't possibly win then. Might as well just throw in the towel now.

A couple of amusing idiots in there. But I thought for the most part they seemed to be pretty confident and knowledgeable. Some of them hit the nail right on the head on what it will take to beat us, but doing and saying are two different things. Should be a tough physical game. One which I think we are geared to win.

Last edited:
scott99 said:
Very confident fans......nuthin wrong with that. They do have a very good team, but if the Pats play like they did against Tampa, nobody can beat them. That's all I'm hoping for, 4 exact replicas of the Tampa game, it doesn't guarantee shutouts, but it does guarantee 4 straight wins. That's why I wish the Tampa game was the last regualr season game, The best performance by the Pats all season, followed up by some so-so games against the Jets and Dolphins, has me a bit worried (my nature). I'm not as confident as most of you guys or the Jag fans.

Funny you mention the Tampa game. The reason that game had me wanting NE to pulle the 4 seed so they can play Jax is bc I see Tampa & Jax as mirror images. Defensive focused teams (good but not great Ds) with an Offense predicated on the run and the QB not making mistakes.

Quite simply, if we shut down their running game and force Lefty/Garrard to beat us, the Pats win this game easily. Nothing against Jax, they are simply a good but not great team that is a year or two away from really making some serious noise.

Damn you you stole my schtick.

Anyway, my fav is "and then (they) will self destruct."

Um, have you guys been in a cave on Mars for the last 5 years?

To beat the Pats they say to:

Get to Brady
Stop the runnung game
Go deep on the recievers
Be more physical than they are
Rattle them

Is that about it? I don't think the right coaches were fired this week, Edwards, Mularkey, Gruden, Saban, Cowher, Mora, and the rest should have figured this out. What's that? Oh, they tried to do these things? Well, never mind, I guess it didn't work.

At least they are saying to knock down Brady WITHOUT injury!
Never see that on a Miami or a NYJ board who pray weekly (even when we don't face them) to have injury end Brady's career...that always pissed me off.

I would NEVER wish injury to any player or person let alone a career ending injury. They seem a bit more mature on the Jags board.

they are very confident...

so...it will be petty to beat them...

but...ok...let's do it...

That was the worst football forum I have been to. Every thread was the disrespect thing or something attacking the city and its fans. When a few pats fans tried to explain the woes of the early part of the season they got the simple injuries are not excuses and my favorite "we had just as many". I hope there is a better forum out there for the Jags because if that is the best forum they have then they are the least knowledgeable fan base I have ever seen in a southern market.

"The Pats will be discouraged when they are not able to jump ouit to a quick lead and then will self destruct."

I seriously doubt Del Rio and company have any illusions like this, but you can't blame them, they play Indy twice a year, why should we expect them to have experience with Championship caliber teams? Just from reading the comments Pats1 posted it looks like NE and Indy trolls are rampaging over there, poor cats.

"Keep holding onto the past, because it's fading fast. Come to think of it, it'll officially come to an end at approximately 11:30 PM on Saturday 1/7/06. It's gonna be a c-c-c-cold ride home for you, as your tears turn to ice, running down your face. Also, make sure you get some extra newspaper, to stuff into the rust-holes of your broken down sled. "

I have to admit, this one had me cracking up. Poor delusional Jacksonville fans.

I love the knock Brady down, you'lll get him out of his rythym post. I guess they haven't seen too many Pats games this year and seen how many times Brady has been knocked down.

mgcolby said:
That was the worst football forum I have been to. Every thread was the disrespect thing or something attacking the city and its fans. When a few pats fans tried to explain the woes of the early part of the season they got the simple injuries are not excuses and my favorite "we had just as many". I hope there is a better forum out there for the Jags because if that is the best forum they have then they are the least knowledgeable fan base I have ever seen in a southern market.

MG, it's JACKSONVILLE!

They just switched their attention over from NASCAR.

They must type real fast 'cause Boss Hogg has Cooter chasing after them in the patrol car!

shmessy said:
MG, it's JACKSONVILLE!

They just switched their attention over from NASCAR.

They must type real fast 'cause Boss Hogg has Cooter chasing after them in the patrol car!

That is funny, but realistically football is the dominant sport in the south and the average fan is usually very up to par on the game. I was very suprised to see very little X's and O's talk on their board.

mgcolby said:

I have a close friend who very recently moved to the Tampa Bay area.

On the day when the Pats played the Bucs, after the game he stopped at a sports bar down there. (Don't ask me why - he just did!). For some inexplicable reason he was wearing a Pats hat and T-shirt.

Of course, he received a rather warm welcome (a-hem!).

In the course of all the banter he endured, he said, "You guys don't really think the outcome would have been any different if the game had been played down herre, do you?"

He said he left right after that! ;)

My god! Why do you guys have to go trolling on other team's Web sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back