PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Pics of Deion Taking Care of His Kids on his Low Salary the Past Few Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, you have to have an awareness of what the real money is.

in other words, how much actually makes its way to Deion's pocket? How much of it is guaranteed. The contract the Patriots were offering would have made Deion a guarantee of $8 million. The Seahawks are guaranteeing him $12 million, correct?

After Federal taxes, Mass taxes, NFL union fees, pension, SS and Medicare, Agent's 10%, etc., he probably ends up with 40-45% of that.

Do the math. If you were a professional athlete with a limited time span, I think you'd see a difference between 3.5 and 5 guaranteed as well. Especially if one of your kids needed serious medical treatment.

upstater1 said:

in other words, how much actually makes its way to Deion's pocket? How much of it is guaranteed. The contract the Patriots were offering would have made Deion a guarantee of $8 million. The Seahawks are guaranteeing him $12 million, correct?

After Federal taxes, Mass taxes, NFL union fees, pension, SS and Medicare, Agent's 10%, etc., he probably ends up with 40-45% of that.

Do the math. If you were a professional athlete with a limited time span, I think you'd see a difference between 3.5 and 5 guaranteed as well. Especially if one of your kids needed serious medical treatment.

You conveniently listed the guaranteed money from the first Patriots offer - - the three year and compared it to the Seahawks' six year offer.

The Patriots later (still, without counter from Chayut) increased their offer to a 5 year $31 million with more upfront guaranteed money.

shmessy said:
You conveniently listed the guaranteed money from the first Patriots offer - - the three year and compared it to the Seahawks' six year offer.

The Patriots later (still, without counter from Chayut) increased their offer to a 5 year $31 million with more upfront guaranteed money.

I didn't conveniently do anything. WHat's the guaranteed offer from the later Patriots' proposal? What are you adding? 2 or 3 million more? Well, 40% of that then.

All I'm saying is that Deion isn't guaranteed $30 million. He's guaranteed more like 3-6 million. Somewhere in there. If he's going to have to shell out $100k-200k a year over the span of his child's life, then you can see where money would be a concern. Maybe he should sell that necklace too. I don't know but I don't think this contract is in the stratosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoTown
LMAO! Branchise, I gotta steal that one.

Shmessy:
Sure, why not? I did.

Oh ... where ?

ps - you're both welcome.

shmessy said:
As a parent myself, I have enormous awe for what you and Deion do everyday for your kids. Your son is fortunate to have a loving and caring father who meets the challenge.

However, the point of the thread was to question whether $39 million or $32 million was going to make a difference, when Mr. Branch looks very likely to spend that $7 million differnce on "Lifestyle" with a capital L.

His hiding behind his kid's situation when giving reasons for holding out for more "Lifestyle with a capital L" money seems (to an admitted outsider) to be a disingenuous slap in the face to everyday people like you and others who also have kid's with special needs.

Please let me know if I'm off-base there.

Great post. Five stars.

Wasn't that Ty Law's mantra that he had "to feed his family" on that measly pittance he'd gotten from the Patriots and that's why he had to move on? It makes we wonder how we all manage on considerably less income. Maybe it's all those cars and bling eh?:D

Hate, hate, HATE it when athletes say it isn't about the money, when the bottom line is the almighty dollar was the difference between staying and going.

upstater1 said:

It does not matter. Take-home is still in the millions after taxes/agent, etc., etc. These guys live lifestyle we can only dream about, even with a family of special needs.

shmessy said:
Please name me one SB MVP from a team that did NOT win the SB?
Chuck Howley. What do I win? A Cadillac? :D

Does anyone have definite information as to whether Dieon is even married to his children's mother ?

What a tasteless, pointless thread. ((((((YAWN)))))

Tunescribe said:
It does not matter. Take-home is still in the millions after taxes/agent, etc., etc. These guys live lifestyle we can only dream about, even with a family of special needs.

If the difference in guaranteed money is only $1.5 million, then it sure as well would matter to me. My wife's grandmother had her life's savings (between 500k-1m) eaten away by 9 years of care for Alzheimer's. That extra money could pay for a couple decades of care for his son.

BoTown said:
poz rep for you, my man :D

Oh, you're so far ahead of me, Bo !

Not even my son knows what "poz rep" means ... although i take it as a compliment.
Thank u kindly.

jaychamp said:
Chuck Howley. What do I win? A Cadillac? :D

Only after I trade it in. Check out post #19 in this thread.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back