PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Pics of Deion Taking Care of His Kids on his Low Salary the Past Few Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
that second pic, isn't that the superbowl MVP getting his brand new caddy?

grapedog said:
that second pic, isn't that the superbowl MVP getting his brand new caddy?

Yup, life is tough ain't it?

BTW, you don't become a SB MVP if your TEAM doesn't make it there.

Hey Deion, Tony Soprano called, he wants his track suits back!!!

BTW buy a raincoat, your gonna need it.

He probably could have bought alot of medical care for his sick child with the money he paid for that diamond studded 83 medallion.

BeetlejuiceCrop.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's a picture of Deion showing off his new "bling" that he purchased from the Seattle Contract.

Looking Sharp Deion, Looking Sharp.

C'mon, that's Beetlejuice. Let's keep this relevant to the Branchise.

shmessy said:
Ok, but don't tell me he doesn't look like a smaller, more "cognitively disabled" version of Deion Branch. With a small head too. And maybe a few more dental problems.

I tried to say those previous sentences as nicely as possible.

Father of the Year in my book. Especially given the hardships he faces on a daily basis.

I guess that if the Twig on my dead-to-me list I really need to stop.

Keegs said:
Ok, but don't tell me he doesn't look like a smaller, more "cognitively disabled" version of Deion Branch. With a small head too. And maybe a few more dental problems.

I tried to say those previous sentences as nicely as possible.

I appreciated the effort, Keegs.

Actually I don't hold much against Branch - Yes - he was under contract and obligated to play for us this year.

But this is a business, and generally speaking he played by the rules in working the system to achieve a HUGE payout now ($23 million guaranteed over the next 3 years??????) rather than risk injury and future earnings.

It's not exactly sportsman like conduct - but Branch played this very well as a business deal reminding us all that - and again, everytime a team announces an unpopular cut, we hear the same refrain from them - football is a business.

Love him or hate him, you've got to appreciate the fact that Deion and his family are now set for life. As signficant as $1 million a year is, that wasn't the case 48 hours ago.

I just want to barf when these guys say they have to take care of their families. That is a code word for destroying credibility with me. Maybe if they didn't waste their money on big cars, palaces, fancy women and jewelry, their families would be better cared for.

CTPatsFan said:
Father of the Year in my book. Especially given the hardships he faces on a daily basis.

I guess that if the Twig on my dead-to-me list I really need to stop.

As a parent myself, I have enormous awe for what you and Deion do everyday for your kids. Your son is fortunate to have a loving and caring father who meets the challenge.

However, the point of the thread was to question whether $39 million or $32 million was going to make a difference, when Mr. Branch looks very likely to spend that $7 million differnce on "Lifestyle" with a capital L.

His hiding behind his kid's situation when giving reasons for holding out for more "Lifestyle with a capital L" money seems (to an admitted outsider) to be a disingenuous slap in the face to everyday people like you and others who also have kid's with special needs.

Please let me know if I'm off-base there.

I just about had enough of this Deion bashing here on this board.

Stop with the "poor Deion" BS. He did what everybody else is doing in this country. Going where the money is. I have seen many many people leave their jobs for more money somewhere else in the last 15 years. And yes they may have left before their contract was up too. If you are not paid what you feel you should be or feel "appreciated" then you will move on. Some of the blame has to lie with the employer.

Also you can't compare his salary to the average person's either. That's not apples to apples at all.

How many on this board have one of those ridiculous gas guzzling SUV's or some overpriced "rental" property that is now in fashion? Don't slam the guy for buying a Caddy.

I hope it works out for the Pats. I'm sure they think Jackson and Gabriel can fill his shoes or they wouldn't have trading him. We won't know for sure till they are back on the field. Probably for the Broncos game.

All I can remember is that game in KC where he made THE difference for our offense. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt us.

denverpatsfan said:
How many on this board have one of those ridiculous gas guzzling SUV's or some overpriced "rental" property that is now in fashion? Don't slam the guy for buying a Caddy.

He didn't "buy" that Caddy. He was given it for his wonderful performance in SB 39.

The point of that picture is that Borges and others make such a big thing over him being the SB 39 MVP - - how did he get to that point? Could the ORGANIZATION helped him to get to that stage?

Please name me one SB MVP from a team that did NOT win the SB?

Chayut's pitch to other teams has always been "Hey, this is a recent SB MVP!"

He didn't emphasize the part that:

1) He was catching passes from Tom Brady
and
2) Over his 4 years as having the good fortune of having Brady as his QB, he averaged 53 catches per season for 686 yards.

But the SB MVP is what Chayut wanted to blind everyone with.......and he was successful with a few people. Good for him.

shmessy said:
As a parent myself, I have enormous awe for what you and Deion do everyday for your kids. Your son is fortunate to have a loving and caring father who meets the challenge.

However, the point of the thread was to question whether $39 million or $32 million was going to make a difference, when Mr. Branch looks very likely to spend that $7 million differnce on "Lifestyle" with a capital L.

His hiding behind his kid's situation when giving reasons for holding out for more "Lifestyle with a capital L" money seems (to an admitted outsider) to be a disingenuous slap in the face to everyday people like you and others who also have kid's with special needs.

Please let me know if I'm off-base there.
Not at all shmessy, I took it exactly the way you intended it. I may have been the one to not get that point across. Should have been a :p after my post :)

p8ryts said:
I just want to barf when these guys say they have to take care of their families. That is a code word for destroying credibility with me. Maybe if they didn't waste their money on big cars, palaces, fancy women and jewelry, their families would be better cared for.

So you have absolutly no luxeries in your life...completly spartan (the big "Car" was a prize for winning SB MVP, didn't cost a cent btw.)? If you could tell your employer that if they didn't give you a raise you could up your salary accoss the street, where would you be?

accoss the street, thats where.

Professional athletes make alot more then us, so its hard to comprehend why someone making that kind of money could possibly use "kids" as an excuse for making more $$$.

We all want to do good by our kids. Provide good schooling, a good start , etc. If he was able to leverage the system to better him and his family, more power to him.

I wish him well.

shmessy said:

LMAO! Branchise, I gotta steal that one. :D

shmessy said:
He didn't "buy" that Caddy. He was given it for his wonderful performance in SB 39.

Please name me one SB MVP from a team that did NOT win the SB?

Uh, Chuck Howley, Dallas in SB V when they lost to Pitt. He picked off two passes and recovered a fumble. Rare but it does happen..........

BoTown said:
LMAO! Branchise, I gotta steal that one. :D

Sure, why not? I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes