PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some personal news

PJ has never (since I've known him on this board) been someone to disparage the joys of life, the pleasures of wine included. If he thinks talking about it here is disrespectful, then it's my fault. But it's certainly not intended and I don't think he will be.

I haven't been in Croatia (Yugoslavia, as it then was) since the 70s. My friends used to buy their wine in big plastic containers from the peasants on Peljesac and bottle it themselves. The state wineries were OK, but nothing like as good. The best was Dingac (and I remember the Grk white wine as being pretty good too). I imagine that things are better now. Where are you, if I may ask?

currently on the island of Hvar
greetings

Four years ago today... Incredible how time just keeps on chugging along.

all the best Patjew
non mollare mai anche nelle difficoltà della vita

Hi Everyone.

I don't know why I am posting this here but it feels right and Ian said it's OK. This place is kind of like another family to me.

My wife passed away on Tuesday night in Boston. She was 36. We have 3 kids, 14, 12, and 8 years old.

We're all very devastated, of course. But we're hanging in there and the kids have been amazing. I'm also lucky to have several sets of supportive relatives, friends, and colleagues. So we're going to work our way through this eventually.

I just wanted to let you all know.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for sharing with your Patriots family. Please always remember that, whenever you're hugging each other, she's right there with you too, every time. We'll also never run out of "I love you"s whether it's after the Super Bowl or not.

My family's deepest condolences to you and yours, and God bless you!

Rob

I’m sure that your wife is proud of the wonderful job that you’re doing in terms of raising your children. You have been, and will continue to be in my thoughts, buddy.

In my thoughts, Dave, in my thoughts. Love to you from the UK. Mike
Thank you, my friend. I really appreciate it.

One of these days we will get that beer!

Thank you, my friend. I really appreciate it.

One of these days we will get that beer!

Most definitely! Not back in the U.S. till fall, but will PM. :)

"The years just flow by like a broken down dam"
John Prine, "Angel from Montgomery"

Very True.

Six years... it's amazing how life just keeps going.

I am blessed.

all the best my friend and i hope one day we will be able to met and take a beer together
ciao

8 years ago today. I'm a very fortunate homo sapien. My kids are well, we're all healthy, and "time" really helps.

I'll never forget all of the love and support I received in this thread.

Last edited:
8 years ago today. I'm a very fortunate homo sapien. My kids are well, we're all healthy, and "time" really helps.

You deserve the best.

Reactions: Ian

We're still here for you -- a little older, a little greyer, a little more cranky, but still here. :rolleyes:

Remember to tell your children how lucky you are to have them. I could be wrong but I'm not so sure you would have made it without them.

Drink like a beast...(that's what I've been told):whistle:

Remember to tell your children how lucky you are to have them. I could be wrong but I'm not so sure you would have made it without them.
That is some excellent advice. I’ve done a little of that but not enough. I will now.

Thank you my friend.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back