PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Patriots viewing to kill the deadest part of the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a 43 year old Pats fan who's 1st playoff memory was at 10, hearing my dad ***** and moan about The Pats being robbed in Oakland with the Sugar Bear Hamilton phantom roughing the passer call and the pass interference non-call when Russ Francis got decked before the ball got there...
The 2006 season San Diego playoff victory stands as the biggest IN YOUR FACE ever. I was hoarse for 3 days afterwards from screaming in ecstasy after seeing Nate Kaeting's kick fall short.
Before the playoffs began, the mayor of San Diego told the city The Super Bowl victory parade will be the tuesday afterwards after the 14-2 juggernaut Chargers trampled everyone in their path. WRONG MOVE. Counting your chickens before they hatched.
The game began and Phil Simms, on NBC, observed,"The Chargers are just bigger, faster, and stronger than The Patriots." They were. He was spot on. This was The Chargers at their absolute peak. Merriman had the lights out dance and LT had a season for the ages. Hell, did you notice that the NFL films crew was on The Chargers sideline for the whole game?
Then it all went to ****.
The Gaffney t.d. right before the half slapped the San Diego fans with a rude awakening that they were playing Tom Effing Brady.
In the second half , the muffed punt catch and unnecessary roughness gave the Pats the ball back TWICE.
Then it happened...
The greatest play in many Pats fans lives.
Yeah man, ima talkin' 'bout the TROY BROWN STRIP.
And the classic moments just keep coming. Next up, the Caldwell t.d. as the Charger corner *****es that he pushed off, desperately trying the take the blame off himself for getting horribly burnt in a CRUCIAL moment.
Next up? The 2 point conversion fake snap to Brady and he pirouettes in the air like a freaking ballerina. Where's the ball??!! Oh damn, look at that, Faulk's got it. Look how low he is in traffic. It's in good hands, man. Watch him take that loaf of bread to the bank.
And minutes later, I'm freaking the hell out watching freaking Reche Caldwell tippy toe down the sideline. Who here wasn't jumping up and down, yelling,"GO! GO! GO! GO!" Holy crap! He took them well into field goal range. Oh, HELL YEAH. Yeah, as the whole stadium shat in their pants. Well, too bad, losers! Pats Up by 3.
Then Nate Kaeting's miss from 54 years out as darkness fell upon the juggernaut which was the 2006 Chargers.
Oh, but the best wasn't over yet. The Pats jumped up and down on the San Diego home field with seconds still on the clock. Ellis Hobbs flung his helmet about 15 yards into the air and it thudded on the turf.
After time expired, the teams were mulling around and 3 Patriots led by Rodney Harrison freaking MUGGED LT and PUSHED HIM, BOUNCING AND RICOCHETING BETWEEN THE TREE OF THEM LIKE AN EFFING PINBALL!!!! Yeah, all as CBS's cameras rolled and the final score graphic was posted right before they went off the air.
And the footage shown later of The Pats stomping on the bolt pained at midfield. Grind it to a pulp in those heels, guys. Oh BURN!!

"Who's your daddy now, beatch?" "When's that Charger Super Bowl victory parade gonna be again? Huh?"

That ended an era in San Diego. Marty was fired and it was the final time they wore the dark blue uniforms and helmets.

I was hoarse for days. I was buzzing off it all week. There's Kansas City Chiefs fans in my building here in Brooklyn and I flipped them off sooo hard the next time I saw them on that Monday.

On You Tube, there's crowd videos of when the Kaeting kick falls short and the Pats prematurely celebrate, violating the home field. That's what you get for dissing The Pats and writing them off before the game. And on You Tube, there's a video of Roosevelt Colvin and Wilfork in the tunnel, right after the game and Colvin is a freaking beast, just yelling "The lights are out! It's a power outage!" and it echoes all throughout the tunnel.

Man, what a rush. Uhhhhh.

As a 43 year old Pats fan who's 1st playoff memory was at 10, hearing my dad ***** and moan about The Pats being robbed in Oakland with the Sugar Bear Hamilton phantom roughing the passer call and the pass interference non-call when Russ Francis got decked before the ball got there...
The 2006 season San Diego playoff victory stands as the biggest IN YOUR FACE ever. I was hoarse for 3 days afterwards from screaming in ecstasy after seeing Nate Kaeting's kick fall short.
Before the playoffs began, the mayor of San Diego told the city The Super Bowl victory parade will be the tuesday afterwards after the 14-2 juggernaut Chargers trampled everyone in their path. WRONG MOVE. Counting your chickens before they hatched.
The game began and Phil Simms, on NBC, observed,"The Chargers are just bigger, faster, and stronger than The Patriots." They were. He was spot on. This was The Chargers at their absolute peak. Merriman had the lights out dance and LT had a season for the ages. Hell, did you notice that the NFL films crew was on The Chargers sideline for the whole game?
Then it all went to ****.
The Gaffney t.d. right before the half slapped the San Diego fans with a rude awakening that they were playing Tom Effing Brady.
In the second half , the muffed punt catch and unnecessary roughness gave the Pats the ball back TWICE.
Then it happened...
The greatest play in many Pats fans lives.
Yeah man, ima talkin' 'bout the TROY BROWN STRIP.
And the classic moments just keep coming. Next up, the Caldwell t.d. as the Charger corner *****es that he pushed off, desperately trying the take the blame off himself for getting horribly burnt in a CRUCIAL moment.
Next up? The 2 point conversion fake snap to Brady and he pirouettes in the air like a freaking ballerina. Where's the ball??!! Oh damn, look at that, Faulk's got it. Look how low he is in traffic. It's in good hands, man. Watch him take that loaf of bread to the bank.
And minutes later, I'm freaking the hell out watching freaking Reche Caldwell tippy toe down the sideline. Who here wasn't jumping up and down, yelling,"GO! GO! GO! GO!" Holy crap! He took them well into field goal range. Oh, HELL YEAH. Yeah, as the whole stadium shat in their pants. Well, too bad, losers! Pats Up by 3.
Then Nate Kaeting's miss from 54 years out as darkness fell upon the juggernaut which was the 2006 Chargers.
Oh, but the best wasn't over yet. The Pats jumped up and down on the San Diego home field with seconds still on the clock. Ellis Hobbs flung his helmet about 15 yards into the air and it thudded on the turf.
After time expired, the teams were mulling around and 3 Patriots led by Rodney Harrison freaking MUGGED LT and PUSHED HIM, BOUNCING AND RICOCHETING BETWEEN THE TREE OF THEM LIKE AN EFFING PINBALL!!!! Yeah, all as CBS's cameras rolled and the final score graphic was posted right before they went off the air.
And the footage shown later of The Pats stomping on the bolt pained at midfield. Grind it to a pulp in those heels, guys. Oh BURN!!

"Who's your daddy now, beatch?" "When's that Charger Super Bowl victory parade gonna be again? Huh?"

That ended an era in San Diego. Marty was fired and it was the final time they wore the dark blue uniforms and helmets.

I was hoarse for days. I was buzzing off it all week. There's Kansas City Chiefs fans in my building here in Brooklyn and I flipped them off sooo hard the next time I saw them on that Monday.

On You Tube, there's crowd videos of when the Kaeting kick falls short and the Pats prematurely celebrate, violating the home field. That's what you get for dissing The Pats and writing them off before the game. And on You Tube, there's a video of Roosevelt Colvin and Wilfork in the tunnel, right after the game and Colvin is a freaking beast, just yelling "The lights are out! It's a power outage!" and it echoes all throughout the tunnel.

Man, what a rush. Uhhhhh.

Did you just cream your pants? You should work for the WWE. :eek:

Anyways, a lot of people forget that for most of the season we were the #2 ranked defense in the league (#1 at one point if memory serves). It should have been no suprise that the Chargers were in for a tough contest. Tomlinson cut through us like a hot knife through butter. We were able to win by taking out their passing game. L.T. was the leading receiver and we were able to force Rivers (still very green then) into some boneheaded throws. The one thing that killed the Chargers was the same thing that killed the Vikings against the Saints this past season: fumbles. Off the top of my head, I think I can remember them putting the ball on the ground three times. Against a top ten defense and a Brady-led offense, you can't do that.

LOL been a Pats' fan since the Grogan years and I totally agree--this one might be the crown jewel for me.

The way SD talked so much sh!t before the game [also remember Merriman's little rap about punking Tom Brady a few days before the game?], the way the Chargers and the city of SD got so caught up in their own hype, and especially the way Ldt cried after the game [then got beatdown even worse in the 2007 opener after he predicted revenge, lmao], were all priceless.

I didn't see Rodney bumping the Crybaby after the game, but I don't blame Hobbs and Co. one bit for dancing on their logo, only because of all the crap the Chargers were talking before the game.

Last edited:
Did you just cream your pants? You should work for the WWE. :eek:

Anyways, a lot of people forget that for most of the season we were the #2 ranked defense in the league (#1 at one point if memory serves). It should have been no suprise that the Chargers were in for a tough contest. Tomlinson cut through us like a hot knife through butter. We were able to win by taking out their passing game. L.T. was the leading receiver and we were able to force Rivers (still very green then) into some boneheaded throws. The one thing that killed the Chargers was the same thing that killed the Vikings against the Saints this past season: fumbles. Off the top of my head, I think I can remember them putting the ball on the ground three times. Against a top ten defense and a Brady-led offense, you can't do that.

Oh boy! Look! It's the mighty Kontra... Kontra... Kontra... (hiccup!)... Kontra... Kontra... (slap!)... Kontradiction (whew). Sorry 'bout that. I got stuck in neutral for a moment. Every time I read a thread, I read the 1st post, then I immediately scroll entries and pages to find out what Kontradiction has to say on the matter. And every time, I go,"Yep. There he is. Didn't take too many clicks to find him. Hmm, let's see what he has to say first, then read all the other guys' thoughts."
Yer pretty good, I gotta say. You know, whippin' out stats and jargon and stuff. Yep, there it was again today, up there. You add,"Off the top of my head, I think I can remember..." Wadya mean offa the top of yer head? lol. That stuff is all downloaded into that footbawl computer you got on top of that neck.
Who's that in yer pic anyhow? Biggie Smalls? Hey, ever see the South Park where Butters summons you through the mirror by saying your name 3 times?
Geebus, I thought it was Gary Coleman. I stand corrected.
Hey Kontadiction, I think we'd make a good announcer duo. You could be the play by play guy (being that you prolly even have every cadence memorized, being the meticulous footbawl head that you are), and I could be the color guy (being that I focus more on the emotion, personality, drama, & pageantry of the game. i.e. my "Brady pirouette". Like that one?)
Man, yer alright. Ooo! Look at that up there. Kontradiction is talking to me. What a thrill. (and no, that's not sarcasm.)

ima gonna sign my posts with this from here on out, methinks...

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Kontradiction?

Thanks for the links Kontra.
It beats the old VHS tapes

I see your current mood listed as stressed .....remember-like BSmalls says..."Put stress to rest!"

Go Celts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kobe is a b#@!%

Last edited:
Oh boy! Look! It's the mighty Kontra... Kontra... Kontra... (hiccup!)... Kontra... Kontra... (slap!)... Kontradiction (whew). Sorry 'bout that. I got stuck in neutral for a moment. Every time I read a thread, I read the 1st post, then I immediately scroll entries and pages to find out what Kontradiction has to say on the matter. And every time, I go,"Yep. There he is. Didn't take too many clicks to find him. Hmm, let's see what he has to say first, then read all the other guys' thoughts."
Yer pretty good, I gotta say. You know, whippin' out stats and jargon and stuff. Yep, there it was again today, up there. You add,"Off the top of my head, I think I can remember..." Wadya mean offa the top of yer head? lol. That stuff is all downloaded into that footbawl computer you got on top of that neck.
Who's that in yer pic anyhow? Biggie Smalls? Hey, ever see the South Park where Butters summons you through the mirror by saying your name 3 times?
Geebus, I thought it was Gary Coleman. I stand corrected.
Hey Kontadiction, I think we'd make a good announcer duo. You could be the play by play guy (being that you prolly even have every cadence memorized, being the meticulous footbawl head that you are), and I could be the color guy (being that I focus more on the emotion, personality, drama, & pageantry of the game. i.e. my "Brady pirouette". Like that one?)
Man, yer alright. Ooo! Look at that up there. Kontradiction is talking to me. What a thrill. (and no, that's not sarcasm.)

ima gonna sign my posts with this from here on out, methinks...

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Kontradiction?

Do I have to fear for my life? :cool:

Do I have to fear for my life? :cool:

Hey Kontradiction, I found that Roosevelt Colvin footage. Type in "Angry Patriots" on You Tube. It's the NECN network report of the Pats-Chargers debacle after the game. You know, when Ladanian made that famous "I'm a very classy person" quote.
Colvin is between 0:37-0:42. Listen to that intimidating sombich spitting venom into the open door of The Chargers' locker room. It's deafening. He growls "The lights are out! It's a power outage!!!" I loved that man from that moment onward, forever.
And between 1:20-1:25, Philip Rivers (who wasn't yet the player he is today, you were right) is freaking out at midfield after seeing Ladanian get passed between 3 Pats players (Harrison, Samuel, & Hobbs, I think). He yells about Hobbs, in that wacky joker face and high voice of his,"He's the sorriest corner in the league! Act like you've won a game before!"
What awesome pandemonium that was. Yeah, then The Pats blew out The Chargers in game 2 of the '07 season on Sunday Night Football in Foxboro. They were up 24-3 at halftime. That was the game Adalius Thomas made that pick and pulled a Bo Jackson and outran everyone. I only remember 2 plays that guy made. That one and the dual sack on Favre on my birthday in '08. Last year on my birthday was the ridiculous comeback against The Bills. Then the third time in a row they played San Diego was the 21 degree AFC Championship game when Ladanian tried to hide under his visor helmet and poncho on the bench.
Ahh, good times, good times.
Well, in the Chargers' defense, at least they've taken out Seyton Manning in the '07 & '08 playoffs.
Anyway, check that 2 1/2 minute news report on the Pats shocking win in San Diego on You Tube. It's kick ass.

I never knew BB had a "In There Own Words", since I'm canadian, I blame the CRTC for me not being able to watch this. I will have to try and track down a copy of the BB episode!

Hey Kontradiction, I found that Roosevelt Colvin footage. Type in "Angry Patriots" on You Tube. It's the NECN network report of the Pats-Chargers debacle after the game. You know, when Ladanian made that famous "I'm a very classy person" quote.
Colvin is between 0:37-0:42. Listen to that intimidating sombich spitting venom into the open door of The Chargers' locker room. It's deafening. He growls "The lights are out! It's a power outage!!!" I loved that man from that moment onward, forever.
And between 1:20-1:25, Philip Rivers (who wasn't yet the player he is today, you were right) is freaking out at midfield after seeing Ladanian get passed between 3 Pats players (Harrison, Samuel, & Hobbs, I think). He yells about Hobbs, in that wacky joker face and high voice of his,"He's the sorriest corner in the league! Act like you've won a game before!"
What awesome pandemonium that was. Yeah, then The Pats blew out The Chargers in game 2 of the '07 season on Sunday Night Football in Foxboro. They were up 24-3 at halftime. That was the game Adalius Thomas made that pick and pulled a Bo Jackson and outran everyone. I only remember 2 plays that guy made. That one and the dual sack on Favre on my birthday in '08. Last year on my birthday was the ridiculous comeback against The Bills. Then the third time in a row they played San Diego was the 21 degree AFC Championship game when Ladanian tried to hide under his visor helmet and poncho on the bench.
Ahh, good times, good times.
Well, in the Chargers' defense, at least they've taken out Seyton Manning in the '07 & '08 playoffs.
Anyway, check that 2 1/2 minute news report on the Pats shocking win in San Diego on You Tube. It's kick ass.

Yeah I saw that a while back. Good stuff.

Kontra-
Not football related, but I thought you'd dig it...
The Playa Hater's Ball | Chappelle's Show | Comedy Central

That and the Real World are my two favorite skits from Chappelle's Show. "Pitbull! HOO! Hit me, baby!".

I watched the 2003 & 2004 "America's Game" on the NFL Network last night.

I don't care if they never win again, those teams gave me joy. What a gift.

I watched the 2003 & 2004 "America's Game" on the NFL Network last night.

I don't care if they never win again, those teams gave me joy. What a gift.

But it would be VERY nice...

Bump. I have a feeling some of you are really going to need this now.

Bump. I have a feeling some of you are really going to need this now.

Finally, a bump that's worthy.

I watched America's Game 2003 & 2004. Fan freakin' tastic.

Now I can die in peace.

Hopefully not anytime soon though.

Gotta Hulu the SD game 1st.

Oh Crap....sorry Kontra - did not see your post when I posted mine today about Hulu.com.

I should have figured, Kontra rules!!

Oh Crap....sorry Kontra - did not see your post when I posted mine today about Hulu.com.

I should have figured, Kontra rules!!

No worries. Your post actually reminded me of this thread. :D I think I'm gonna re-watch the Titans game while I wait for the Entourage premiere.

Last edited:
Kontra doing some fine work lately. Offseason MVP of the board so far.

Regards,
Chris

Kontra doing some fine work lately. Offseason MVP of the board so far.

Regards,
Chris

When you work the hours I do at the job I have, then such feats are easy. Thanks, though. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes