PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Patriots fans need to get over themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
I may not be right all the time but I guarantee NFL fans all around the country are laughing at fans like you just as much as we've laughed at Colts and Steelers fans in the past.

If you want to equate that game with the games the Patriots won over the Colts and Steelers over the 3 Super Bowl winning seasons, you need to go back and review the game films. The Patriots forced the turnovers in those games and even in 2001 actually moved the ball to score points. Your superficial recollection of these games shows how casual a "fan" you are of the Patriots. You appear to be a front runner to me. I do believe that this fan base will get over his, unlike the Colts and Steelers fans you compare us to. I strongly believe that if the Broncos had just dominated the game or won a close one without the careless gift turnovers being the primary factor, we would be "upstanding" fans like you.

PatsSteve1 said:
If Faulk didn't fumble there'd have been to bad PI call. Even with that call, there was plenty of opportunity to win. If the other "bad call" was Champ at the 1 yard line, there was no evidence to overturn that call. The Patriots lost because you cannot win when you have 5 turnovers, 4 of which lead to TD's. They gave the Bronco's a short field. The Bronco's played near error free football, like the Patriots usually do, but the Patriots played like anti-Patriots. Give the Bronco's credit for playing an almost mistake free game. The biggest play of that game wasn't Samuel's PI call, it was Brady's throw to Champ Bailey. A 14 point turnaround. Blaming the refs is just baseless, classless whining.

Thanks Steve...again a classy post....and like Ive said, no disrespect intended for your team, I have the upmost respect for your franchise and all they have accomplished. I just have a few issues with some points raised by your fanbase.

buile said:
> The past 4 years, all we have heard from our opponents is things like..."The better team didn't
> win today." .... Well ya know what? This game played out like alot of our games did.

Absolutely agree. I couldn't help thinking during the game that the Broncos pulled off a Patriot-like victory. A lot of those games Huskeralk alludes had our opponents marking up the Pats as just getting "lucky"; but i knew the Pats created their own luck in those games by pass rush pressure, and the pressure of forcing people to come from behind. So i gotta give the same respect to Denver.

What the hell are you people smoking? When we beat Pittsburgh in '01, they said that crap, but it wasn't true. They cheapshot our QB, for starters, but the team wins the game not on unforced turnovers and bad calls, but because they made a great special teams play to block a field goal and run it in for a TD, and played some great defense to force Kordell to throw the game away. THAT is a Patriots win, not the other team dropping the ball over and over, and the refs handing them game after game. You haven't been watching closely enough if you think the way the Broncos won was reminiscent of the Pats.

NEM said:
Did I say the interception itself was illegitimate? Show me where.But, the Broncos got 7 points they should not have gotten, and the Pats would have gotten the ball back...and possibly have gotten the 7 they would have had anyway...so, for allintents and purposes, a 14 point swing.

They probably would have gotten the 7 ANYWAY? If Bailey fumbles that through the endzone, don't they start at their own 20? Youre assuming thats automatically a 14 point swing?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG, Man don't you know that when you assume, you make an ass out of 'u' and the rest of your family....HAHAHAHAHA

Richter said:
What the hell are you people smoking? When we beat Pittsburgh in '01, they said that crap, but it wasn't true. They cheapshot our QB, for starters, but the team wins the game not on unforced turnovers and bad calls, but because they made a great special teams play to block a field goal and run it in for a TD, and played some great defense to force Kordell to throw the game away. THAT is a Patriots win, not the other team dropping the ball over and over, and the refs handing them game after game. You haven't been watching closely enough if you think the way the Broncos won was reminiscent of the Pats.

Broncos forced 4 of those 5 turnovers....you only gifted us the Brown muff.....as for bad calls, I count ONE...and thats it. I guarantee you if the roles were reversed on that Bailey interception all you physics majors would prove that ball was inbounds....

coltshater said:
If you want to equate that game with the games the Patriots won over the Colts and Steelers over the 3 Super Bowl winning seasons, you need to go back and review the game films. The Patriots forced the turnovers in those games and even in 2001 actually moved the ball to score points. Your superficial recollection of these games shows how casual a "fan" you are of the Patriots. You appear to be a front runner to me. I do believe that this fan base will get over his, unlike the Colts and Steelers fans you compare us to. I strongly believe that if the Broncos had just dominated the game or won a close one without the careless gift turnovers being the primary factor, we would be "upstanding" fans like you.

The point isn't how the games were played. It's how the fans reacted. It's very similar to all of those games only the shoe was on the other foot.

Right, the patriots are so good that non one is cable of beating us. It is always 100% about us. We can lose; we can win. The other team doesn't matter.

BelichickFan said:
Maybe you need to get over yourself because you aren't always right either. The Patriots did give the game to Denver. 100%. Denver was the better team but only by being a zero while the Patriots were a negative. The fact that the Patriots have won games in a similar manner before is irrelevant.

NEM is right. We should not ex[pect any reasonable posts for at least a week. Let's just everyone vent all they need to. And of course only people who make nonesensicle posts feel the pain, or care at all. Right Mike?

NEM said:
Get off yhour holier than thou act. We lost, we lmade mistakes, the officiating sucked, Denver got handed 14 points, our offensive play calling sucked when it was needed most...and it all combined for a disappointing loss...and mouthing off about it is part of being a fan...good, or bad....

If you dont like it, tough crap. But many in here have to get things out of their system, including me, and comments like yours only make it worse.

And if you cant feel that pain...then I question what kind f a fan you truly are.
Have a nice day.... but keep out of other people's business and minds.

How the games were played is the main point here, not the fans reaction. The fans reaction to this game is justified, the turnovers were the result of carelessness by the Patriots, not the play of the Broncos. The other playoff games were the result of excellent game planning and execution by the Patriots players. The Patriots fumbled this game away, end of story.

huskeralk said:
The point isn't how the games were played. It's how the fans reacted. It's very similar to all of those games only the shoe was on the other foot.

You must be dense. One reaction is unjustified because it's out and out whining, the other is justified because of obvious missteps by the officiating crew. And if Pittsburgh had lost today, their fans would have had the exact same right to complain. The officials suck.

Richter said:
You must be dense. One reaction is unjustified because it's out and out whining, the other is justified because of obvious missteps by the officiating crew. And if Pittsburgh had lost today, their fans would have had the exact same right to complain. The officials suck.

I have already pointed this out but you must not be a fan. We have had PLENTY of shady calls go our way in the playoffs. Dungy was whining about our d backs but that doesn't mean he was 100% wrong. Things like that get forgotten though because it's our beloved Patriots.

huskeralk said:
I have already pointed this out but you must not be a fan. We have had PLENTY of shady calls go our way in the playoffs. Dungy was whining about our d backs but that doesn't mean he was 100% wrong. Things like that get forgotten though because it's our beloved Patriots.

Yes, he was 100% wrong. And we didn't have any shady calls go our way. We had some disputable calls. What happened with the Pats and the Steelers this weekend was shady.

Richter said:
Yes, he was 100% wrong. And we didn't have any shady calls go our way. We had some disputable calls. What happened with the Pats and the Steelers this weekend was shady.

Again Richter, until you got ONE pass interference call was worthy of complaining....the "I know Bailey fumbled the ball out of the endzone" is homerism because there is no evidence to back up your claim. NONE.

And again, no one has been able to explain how the Broncos didn't force 4 of those 5 turnovers....I'll give you the Troy Brown one, but that's it...the Broncos did that to teams all year long, and the Patriots were no different.

broncoted said:
Again Richter, until you got ONE pass interference call was worthy of complaining....the "I know Bailey fumbled the ball out of the endzone" is homerism because there is no evidence to back up your claim. NONE.

And again, no one has been able to explain how the Broncos didn't force 4 of those 5 turnovers....I'll give you the Troy Brown one, but that's it...the Broncos did that to teams all year long, and the Patriots were no different.

The Faulk fumble was more bad ballhandling and dropping the rock after getting tapped than a forced fumble, but I'll give you that one. Ellis Hobbs never should have had a chance to put that ball on the ground, since the Broncos would not have scored without the bogus PI call, but it happened. The second Brady pick was hardly forced, it was just a desperation heave. Of course, pass interference should have been called, seeing as how two Broncos mugged Andre Davis. Or the three times Deion Branch got run over trying to catch a ball well before it arrived. Or the missed false start on the 50 yard field goal. Or the blatant holding followed by a takedown on Colvin when he was about to get to Plummer. The whole game was crap officiating. Basically, had the officiating not been so bad, or the Pats not turned the ball over 5 times, the outcome would have been different, but both things happened.

But yeah, those Broncos were *real* dominating. At least Champ Bailey is legit.

Last edited:
Richter said:
The Faulk fumble was more bad ballhandling and dropping the rock after getting tapped than a forced fumble, but I'll give you that one. Ellis Hobbs never should have had a chance to put that ball on the ground, since the Broncos would not have scored without the bogus PI call, but it happened. The second Brady pick was hardly forced, it was just a desperation heave. Of course, pass interference should have been called, seeing as how two Broncos mugged Andre Davis. Or the three times Deion Branch got run over trying to catch a ball well before it arrived. Or the missed false start on the 50 yard field goal. Or the blatant holding followed by a takedown on Colvin when he was about to get to Plummer. The whole game was crap officiating. Basically, had the officiating not been so bad, or the Pats not turned the ball over 5 times, the outcome would have been different, but both things happened.

But yeah, those Broncos were *real* dominating. At least Champ Bailey is legit.

Hahaha ok you're complaining about phantom calls now which is WEAK. Sorry bro.

"The second Brady pick was hardly forced, it was just a desperation heave"

Idiot he threw it into triple coverage...i'd say they caused that and you guys are the ones including that turnover to support your statement "Five turnovers cost us the game we shot ourselves in the foot". To me, the game was over at that point anyway. Don't dilude yourselves.

Even if that PI doesn't get called, it was 2nd and 10 at the NE 40. Who's to say the Broncos don't get 3 or 7 and then get that fumble. Finally, I noticed you left out the Bailey INT in your analysis....convienent, isn't it?

I'm new here, but i really have to say that the only people who need to get over themselves are the Denver fans who are still here a full day after victory trying to claim Pats fans are idiots or whiners for bringing up legitimate issues about the game. I started posting because I was really annoyed with the Pats poor play and the bad officiating. That doesn't make me a bad fan, it just makes me an observant one, more observant then any Denver fans who refuse to see the other officiating problems other then the bad PI call. There was the Davis facemask (which was obvious, though not as critical) and the offensive offside non call on the field goal (which was critical). I'll give you the Bailey goal line call, that could have gone either way. But that makes three horrible, potentially game changing calls that went Denver's way, and you can't tell me that wasn't significant, or that I should not be annoyed about it and should pretend like it didn't happen the next day when I discuss it. In all seriousness, I am not trying to offend you, nor is anyone else here, we are just discussing what we think were problems in the game. You are damn right, Denver won because they were able to make the most of their opportunities and the Pats choked under the pressure. Every Pats fan here acknowledges that, I am sorry if it offends you when we acknowledge a legitimate defeat. Get over yourselves.

Ok, Bailey facemasked on that long pass...guess what, it was a five yarder anyway as he didnt tug on the mask...that was a critical call? I just think blaming the refs is just something for the weak.

Life is hard...so am I
Won't you give me somethin'...so I don't die
Novocaine...for the soul
Before I sputter out

Who cares? The Pats lost, the sun still came up today, and they'll be back. We have one of the greatest organizations in the history of the NFL. I have no reason to hang my head after this loss, and if someone from Denver wants to whoop it up, let 'em.

I wasn't impressed with the Broncos' execution, but in the end, they made more plays and beat us on the scoreboard. Yee-haw for them, but go Steelers and the Pats will be back. This was no ass-whipping and any Broncos fan who tries to claim otherwise is full of crap and they know it.

I won't kiss a Broncs fan's ass, but their team got the job done and made more plays than the Pats did. One day, they'll wake up and remember that if they can't beat the Steelers next week, none of this matters.

Last edited:
broncoted said:
Hahaha ok you're complaining about phantom calls now which is WEAK. Sorry bro.

"The second Brady pick was hardly forced, it was just a desperation heave"

Idiot he threw it into triple coverage...i'd say they caused that and you guys are the ones including that turnover to support your statement "Five turnovers cost us the game we shot ourselves in the foot". To me, the game was over at that point anyway. Don't dilude yourselves.

Even if that PI doesn't get called, it was 2nd and 10 at the NE 40. Who's to say the Broncos don't get 3 or 7 and then get that fumble. Finally, I noticed you left out the Bailey INT in your analysis....convienent, isn't it?

You're not very bright, I see. He threw into triple coverage because it was a desperate situation. If not for the botched calls reducing the game to that state, is he throwing desperation bombs, or are the Broncos playing that many men deep? And as for the missed PI, you're right, who's to say that the Broncos don't do that... well, I'd rather see them actually do it, instead of having to resort to hypotheticals because some ref can't get his head out of his ass.

And I left out the Bailey pick because it was legit and a great play, and I even acknowledged Bailey at the end of my post.

broncoted said:
Ok, Bailey facemasked on that long pass...guess what, it was a five yarder anyway as he didnt tug on the mask...that was a critical call? I just think blaming the refs is just something for the weak.

Did you read my post, I wasn't blaiming the refs, I was complaining about bad officiating, which should annoy everyone. the Pats lost because they crumpled under pressure for the first time in five years, and the Broncos made the most of their opportunities. Doesn't change the fact that Bailey did tug at the facemask, so it would have been a 15 yarder.

Second, from what I can tell you have never acknowledged that the offense was offside on the field goal, which they were. And, you can't tell me that wasn't a critical miss call as well. Still, wouldn't be there without a great tackle from your kicker, and a great 50 yard kick by Elam. Denver made the most of the turnovers and miss calls, good for them, but that isn't going to stop anyone from complaining legitimately about crappy officiating, nor should it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes