PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Patriot info from Patriots Insiders (Poole, Mcginest, Vinatieri, Givens,Dillon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DefenseRules said:
http://mb14.scout.com/fpatriotsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=4525.topic

There is some interesting stuff about Dillon in this article. It says that the Pats are looking for a RB and that they are concerned about the overall talent at that position. It also says that the Pats might release him, but I thought that we couldn't do that for salary cap reasons. :confused:

Thats why I seriously doubt it happens. This move would murder us this year, wouldn't it?

Do you work for this publication?

Yep, the Pats are looking for a RB, they do that every year to try and develop competition and improve. They lost their developmental back to the Colts early on, and had to scramble when Faulk got hurt. They now have a developmental back in NFLE, he has a good chance of being on the Practice Squad this year. Another back to push him and the three on the roster is normal operations.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Yep, the Pats are looking for a RB, they do that every year to try and develop competition and improve. They lost their developmental back to the Colts early on, and had to scramble when Faulk got hurt. They now have a developmental back in NFLE, he has a good chance of being on the Practice Squad this year. Another back to push him and the three on the roster is normal operations.

The chicago bears are also looking at running backs and on their boards is metion of Jerious Norwood who they think the Patriots are also hot after.

What happens to Dillon if the Pats draft a running back? Or do you think Norwood would replace Faulk?

Last edited:
JOhnnyBravo said:
the chicago bears are also looking at running backs and on their boards is metion of Jerious Norwood who they think the Patriots are also hot after.

What happens to Dillon if the Pats draft a runnign back? Or do you think Norwood would replace Faulk?

I'd say he probably replaces Pass, not Faulk.

O yeah. I forgot Pass was still on the team. I keep thinking he was cut when they signed that guy from Miami. Evans.

Last edited:
JOhnnyBravo said:
The chicago bears are also looking at running backs and on their boards is metion of Jerious Norwood who they think the Patriots are also hot after.

What happens to Dillon if the Pats draft a running back? Or do you think Norwood would replace Faulk?

The Bears are NOT looking for a running back. They have Jones, Benson and Peterson. They are set at the position

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes