PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some outside views

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOzgood

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting...A comment from someone on the ESPN.com messageboard...

harlemson147 (3/11/2007 at 8:58 AM)

I don't think it's right to hate a team, but I must admit that I am starting to truly dislike the Pats now. Here is the one team that makes it look so easy to be good and stay that way in a league wrought with turnarounds and up and down seasons. Being a fan of a bottom feeder becomes more and more difficult when the haves are scooping up players as if they're a rebuilding team and didn't go the AFC Championship last season! This Patriots offseason is a staunch reminder to fans of all the other teams that this is what champions do, they get better and never sit back and stand "Pat". Good luck to all the other AFC East teams out there, cause from the looks of things it's gonna be a long 2007 for the Jets, Bills and Dolphins.

It's great to see how we are viewed outside the New England bubble. I always say it and I'll say it again...enjoy these Pats, cuz they won't be like this forever!

that is a great view on our situation from an outsider it just confirms to me that we are on our way to number 4

Thought this was interesting...A comment from someone on the ESPN.com messageboard...

harlemson147 (3/11/2007 at 8:58 AM)

I don't think it's right to hate a team, but I must admit that I am starting to truly dislike the Pats now. Here is the one team that makes it look so easy to be good and stay that way in a league wrought with turnarounds and up and down seasons. Being a fan of a bottom feeder becomes more and more difficult when the haves are scooping up players as if they're a rebuilding team and didn't go the AFC Championship last season! This Patriots offseason is a staunch reminder to fans of all the other teams that this is what champions do, they get better and never sit back and stand "Pat". Good luck to all the other AFC East teams out there, cause from the looks of things it's gonna be a long 2007 for the Jets, Bills and Dolphins.

It's great to see how we are viewed outside the New England bubble. I always say it and I'll say it again...enjoy these Pats, cuz they won't be like this forever!

Definitely enjoying the ride:rocker:
FWIW I feel the person's pain,though.We were down and outs for a long time while we suffered through "America's Team" hoisting Lombardi after Lombardi...I admit hating them and I admit being jealous. I'm not comapring us to the Cowboys;I'm just empathy-struck by the sentiments expressed there.
Remembering where we came from just makes these years all the sweeter. GO PATS:rocker:

i love to be a New England Patriot fan

enjoy every moment of this because it's not going to last forever.

enjoy every moment of this because it's not going to last forever.

that's true - we hv to really enjoy every single moment of this beautiful period

one day we will appreciate it

anyway what a beautiful moment this franchise is having...

i love to be a New England Patriot fan

We have paid our dues as they say........
I classify teams into 4 categories,
1) They feel lucky if they win a game
2) they hope to win games
3) They expect to win the game
4) They expect to win the championship and are mighty pi**ed if they lose any games

For many years in the 60's and 70's with the exception of the Fairbanks era and thru the early 80's the Patriots were in categories #1 and #2. Even in 2001, I think they were a category #2 team. Since then and the hangover of 2002, they have moved into the upper echelon of category #4 where the players, management and fans demand (?)/expect nothing less than to be playing in February for a piece of hardware named after a certain Packer/Redskin coach.
Enjoy the good times because we don't know how long they'll last. You need only look at the parquet floor at the TD Center/Bank North/Fleet Center or whatever they call it nowadays- the new Gahden to see how quickly it csn turn.
Just my $0.02,

Last edited:
Sorry, but this reminds me of the Rams fan complaining we'd won another Superbowl after beating San Diego. I don't care who we sign, I'll only feel any better once Peyton is crying after another AFC Championship match up against the Pats. ;)

Onto another view. How would you like to be a Chicago Bear fan right about now? They make it to the Super Bowl, have alot of cap space and haven't done a thing to improve themselves. What are they doing over there? I'd be pissed if I were a Bear fan.

It's true. We should never forget this time in Patriots history. We are also aware that this is the NFL, and anything can happen between now and the SB in 2008. The team has positioned itself extremely well so far. Now, all that's left is for the players to perform to their reputations and capabilities, to avoid all injuries, and to maintain the focus through 19 games.

Simple, eh?

Sorry, but this reminds me of the Rams fan complaining we'd won another Superbowl after beating San Diego. I don't care who we sign, I'll only feel any better once Peyton is crying after another AFC Championship match up against the Pats. ;)

Are you seriously picking the Colts to make it to the AFC Championship game?

You think that they are better than San Diego?

I'm not even sure they are going to win their division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back