PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some of you maybe were wrong about Corey last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Perhaps it's a bit of posturing so that he can come back at a deflated rate...
Unless there is a huge rift that I have a hard time believing everyone in NE has missed, there appears to be a considerable change of pace occurring.

If not, Corey Dillon owns 2 of the top 9 all-time single game rushing records. The man is a baller. We got him a little late, but we saw what he could do. He brought us a rushing game the likes of which we've never seen. He's a man doing a job, just like you or I. His decision is his decision and we need to respect that.

But, if this is just reach for personal accolades (HOF), I do admit a bit of fan-based hurt. I expect him to retire as a Pat and do what is in the best interest of the Pats. As a fan who has watched him play, I can't imagine he is realistic if his intention is to reclaim the role of a feature back.

Apparently just heard on Sirius Radio from a direct statement made by Dillon's agent that Corey has NO intentions of retiring this year...Fact is he just does not want to play for the New England Patriots anymore.

Don't know about you guys but this whole message of "i'm retiring" is just a nice way for the Pats and Dillon to part ways. I could imagine a scenario where BB had a conversation with CD and he said to CD that Maroney was going to get more of the carries, and that corey would have to restructure his contract for him to stay with the Pats.

Dillon probably just said, why don't you just release me because I don't want to restructure my contract. Let's avoid a big mess in the press and me missing the start of free agency. I'll tell everyone I am retiring but I'm not 100% closing the door on a comeback into the NFL.

BB and CD probably shook on it and that's how it turned out. Everyone parts with pride intact and objectives met.

OK, so all of this is just pure speculation, but how many of you here could believe a scenario like that? I'm guessing that it may be a good number of you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey