PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some news on Chad Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
-Scout Rumor Central has confirmed free agent WR Chad Jackson is expected to fly to Oakland Tuesday morning and will work out for the team either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A league source notes Oakland seriously considered claiming Jackson off of waivers on Monday but chose to bring him in for a workout instead then they'll decide whether or not to sign him.

The team reached a contract agreement with free agent WR Ashley Lelie on Monday.

Lelie, who missed most of training camp and pre-season with a calf injury, was recently released by the San Francisco 49ers.

-A league source told Scout Rumor Central that the Oakland Raiders put a waiver claim in for WR Chad Jackson on Monday but they wound up rescinding the move after signing free agent WR Ashley Lelie to a one-year deal.

As Scout Rumor Central first reported on Monday, Jackson is headed to Oakland on Tuesday to work out for the Raiders.

-Free agent WR Chad Jackson worked out for the Oakland Raiders on Tuesday as expected, Scout Rumor Central has confirmed.

Oakland wanted to sign Jackson after week one but he has decided to visit the Cincinnati Bengals instead for a workout on Wednesday.

-Should free agent WR Chad Jackson not sign with the Cincinnati Bengals after his scheduled visit on Wednesday, the Tennessee Titans could show strong interest in him.

It's not a secret that Tennessee has a dire need for a developmental receiver. Veteran WRs Justin McCareins and Justin Gage are the current starters for the Titans.

Can you imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball? Hes working out with the Bengals on wednesday.

IMO he is going to catch on with some team and make the pats regret letting him go. He IS good, he just doesnt have the attitude or discipline that the Pats organization demands. He would thrive in a place like Oakland or Cincy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco with Carson Palmer throwing him the ball? Hes working out with the Bengals on wednesday.

IMO he is going to catch on with some team and make the pats regret letting him go. He IS good, he just doesnt have the attitude or discipline that the Pats organization demands. He would thrive in a place like Oakland or Cincy.

Nope, cause I'm pretty sure TJ Houshmanzadeh is better than him

and Chris Henry, for all his legal problems, might be more talented.

Now the titans, I could totally see him signing with, their receivers all pretty much blow

Now the titans, I could totally see him signing with, their receivers all pretty much blow

yea i forgot about whoseyourmama, Chad would be the #3 there and probably play the slot. He would look nice in Oakland to with new guys Russell and McFadden. Titans could use him but man i wouldnt want to play with Vince Young heh.

He could of started opposite Moss with Brady throwing to him. He managed to foul that up.

Last edited:
I can't imagine Jackson starting opposite Ocho Cinco because T.J Who's your mama is pretty damn good. And that other guy Chris Henry is better than him at this point of their careers.

As much I'm rooting for Jackson to make it in the NFL, he probably won't. I would be surprised if he caught on with a team and ended up as a #1 or #2 reciever.

Last edited:

Housh has been hurt all preseason, and Henry is out for the first four games, not to mention Chad Johnson banged up his shoulder pretty good. It's a possibility that Cincy's week one #1 WR is Antonio Chatman or Jerome Simpson. I'd say he'd be welcome there.

yea if forgot about whoseyourmama, Chad would be the #3 there and probably play the slot. He would look nice in Oakland to with new guys Russell and McFadden. Titans could use him but man i wouldnt want to play with Vince Young heh.

I think Tennessee, Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota, and maybe Chicago or Carolina have to be at least intrigued by C-Jack.

I dunno if the Raiders makes too much sense - I know Al Davis loves physical specimen, but they just signed Javon Walker, they have Ronald Curry, they drafted Johnnie Lee Higgins a year ago - i just don't see it. I'm like 90% positive ill be totally wrong on all this though

Oakland is pretty high on high profile offensive SEC players right now - they'll get over it eventually after a few more 4-12 seasons.

Well if Jackson makes the Raiders team we might as well mail in that game when we go out to Oakland later in the season,Chad will be all over this defense with 15 catches for 175 Yards

Oh, I am sorry those numbers were what he accomplished in his 2 years here

Housh has been hurt all preseason, and Henry is out for the first four games, not to mention Chad Johnson banged up his shoulder pretty good. It's a possibility that Cincy's week one #1 WR is Antonio Chatman or Jerome Simpson. I'd say he'd be welcome there.

On PFT they're reporting (or at least Chad's agent is reporting) that his shoulder is 100%, and on ESPN they reported Housh was practicing today

then again, that could all be BS and you're right, it doesn't take any kind of stretch of the imagination to see him sign with Cinci, I just think there are likelier places, or at least other places where he could have more of an impact role.

Jackson could be a good fit on the Titans. The offense needs a deep threat to develop along with Vince Young, and if he can overcome the ego hit of being prematurely cut by the Pats, the maybe he could buy into the Titans' eff you attitude.

Last edited:
Chad can go to Oakland, their playbook is in pictures and drawings.
then he won't have to read the damb thing.

Slightly OT but how in hell do the Titans go into the season with a shaky QB and their two top receivers are Justin McCariens and Justin Gage?

Chad can go to Oakland, their playbook is in pictures and drawings.
then he won't have to read the damb thing.

not quite, but you are on target - Chad Jackson never did figure out where to line up, where to break off his routes and total grasp of the playbook.

I think that is important in the NFL

Chad Jackson = Irving Fryar

Not even close.....I wish him well, but I knew Irving Fryar in his worst days as young crazy guy in Foxboro, but that man always had talent and knew how to use it.

Chad Jackson is no Irving Fyrar, not even close.

Not even close.....I wish him well, but I knew Irving Fryar in his worst days as young crazy guy in Foxboro, but that man always had talent and knew how to use it.

Chad Jackson is no Irving Fyrar, not even close.

Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson

In fact thier careers almost mirror each other but then again at least Bethel had a few decent games - Chad NEVER had one

Chad Jackson = Bethel Johnson

In fact thier careers almost mirror each other but then again at least Bethel had a few decent games - Chad NEVER had one

Jackson is no Bethel -YET-. Bethel has played 5 healthy seasons in the NFL and has done nothing, his career so far is a bust. Jackson played a limited role in his rookie season which alot of players do and then was injured for the next one. 2 seasons under his belt and he has barely played. I wouldnt call that a bust yet his career is far from over and he has yet to really play. He could very well go on to have a great career on another team now that he is healthy. Nobody has gotten a chance to see what hes got yet, Bethel has shown what hes got for 5 seasons and is now playing in the CFL for the Toronto Argonauts. Thats a bust. I bet Jackson has a good NFL career and will not be a bust.

Last edited:
I think Tennessee, Atlanta, Houston, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Seattle, Minnesota, and maybe Chicago or Carolina have to be at least intrigued by C-Jack.

I dunno if the Raiders makes too much sense - I know Al Davis loves physical specimen, but they just signed Javon Walker, they have Ronald Curry, they drafted Johnnie Lee Higgins a year ago - i just don't see it. I'm like 90% positive ill be totally wrong on all this though
All those teams make sense, plus maybe Cincy (sounds like Ocho Cinco's not going to last the year) and Tampa (how old are Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard?) and perhaps Jax (Dennis Northcutt and Matt Jones?) Seattle may be the most desperate at this point.

Tennessee makes a ton of sense. They are already forced to run a simplified passing offense for Vince Young, so Chad should fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes