PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Maroney stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
All I have to say is WOW, this kid sure looks to be a stud player in the making. The combo of vision, speed and quickness that Maroney brings to the table is highly impressive to say the least. He also appears to have a nice set of hands and is a willing, and capable blocker.

I took a quick look at some of the key RB stats as of today and noted Maroney's ranking as follows:

• 10th in rushing yardage.
  • 1st in plays of 20+ yards.
  • 2nd (tied) in # of TD's.
  • 4th in YPC amongst RB's with over 30 carries.

That's mighty impressive stuff!

Barring injury I'd say his future looks very good indeed.

Maroney is sick. I was thinking during the game yesterday about "the thin line between love and hate" . . . we already love him so much but imagine our feelings if the Colts had gotten him :eek:

Bobs My Uncle said:
All I have to say is WOW, this kid sure looks to be a stud player in the making. The combo of vision, speed and quickness that Maroney brings to the table is highly impressive to say the least. He also appears to have a nice set of hands and is a willing, and capable blocker.

I took a quick look at some of the key RB stats as of today and noted Maroney's ranking as follows:

• 10th in rushing yardage.
  • 1st in plays of 20+ yards.
  • 2nd (tied) in # of TD's.
  • 4th in YPC amongst RB's with over 30 carries.

That's mighty impressive stuff!

Barring injury I'd say his future looks very good indeed.

That he's first in plays over 20 yards is the most impressive of all, to me. Wow.

Bobs My Uncle said:
[*]1st in plays of 20+ yards.
That one's very surprising. I would never have guessed he'd be leading that as he's splitting time.

Also, with quotes like this:

"It was a good feeling," he said of his 100-plus game. "Especially since it meant so much to Corey. It made him so happy, which made me happy. . . It was fun to watch Corey, and it makes you want to play hard."

it's clear the kid has the right team-first attitude and work ethic.

BelichickFan said:
That one's very surprising. I would never have guessed he'd be leading that as he's splitting time.
Darn right. The 1st three rankings are all that much more impressive considering Maroney's splitting time.

In the post game, he said the pro game is so fast he doesn't have time to plan his moves, or think about them, he just has to react.

This guy may be better in the pros than he was in college, for that reason.

BelichickFan said:
Good thing as the longest pass play of the season was yesterday's 35 yarder to Watson, according to ESPN's post game show (I miss Prime Time :( ). 35 yards as season long pass play should change soon though.

Oh, but I don't miss Tom Jackson.

betterthanthealternative said:
In the post game, he said the pro game is so fast he doesn't have time to plan his moves, or think about them, he just has to react.

This guy may be better in the pros than he was in college, for that reason.

Pretty awesome stuff.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Darn right. The 1st three rankings are all that much more impressive considering Maroney's splitting time.
Looking at the list of total rushing yards, as that's easy to find :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rush&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

Of the ten ahead of him, Vick doesn't really count. Maroney is 10th on the list of RB. Of that top ten, only Tatum Bell has less carries with 2 carries less than Maroney and 1 more yard. And Bell is the only one with a higher yards per carry average.

Bella*chick said:
Also, with quotes like this:

it's clear the kid has the right team-first attitude and work ethic.

Thats a great quote, didn't see that one reading the articles today, good to see this kid has a team first attitude.

Those are impressive for any RB, let alone a rookie who is playing in his first four NFL games and is splitting time with another very good RB.

How did this guy make it out of the top ten? Believe me, I'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes