PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some love for Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is a beast. Several people on this board recognized this before the season. Props to them.

Deadrick hasn't been awful either. Pryor, though on IR, is also quite good and has complementing skills.

Is this the Giants DL? No. But we got some big bodies that can move and get nasty. What was a weakness since Seymour left is now our biggest defensive strength.

There are two Richard Seymours. There is the Seymour that drew consistent double and triple teams who was a complete wrecking machine and the one that was half-interested, hobbled and saving himself for another big payday.

Love can provide the latter. He isn't close to the former.

2008 was somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
There are two Richard Seymours. There is the Seymour that drew consistent double and triple teams who was a complete wrecking machine and the one that was half-interested, hobbled and saving himself for another big payday.

Love can provide the latter. He isn't close to the former.

2008 was somewhere in the middle.

Huh? Bad comparison. Love is no Seymour but he does not play half-interested or hobbled. Let's not make unfair comparisons. Let's also give Love the props he deserves. Great player in 2011! Love looks like a keeper in the interior of our D!

Love is a beast. Several people on this board recognized this before the season. Props to them.

Deadrick hasn't been awful either. Pryor, though on IR, is also quite good and has complementing skills.

Is this the Giants DL? No. But we got some big bodies that can move and get nasty. What was a weakness since Seymour left is now our biggest defensive strength.

I like Pryor a lot more than the majority of this forum too. It's a shame about his injuries the last 2 yrs. I wonder if he will be back?

Huh? Bad comparison. Love is no Seymour but he does not play half-interested or hobbled. Let's not make unfair comparisons. Let's also give Love the props he deserves. Great player in 2011! Love looks like a keeper in the interior of our D!

The previous poster brought up Seymour and I added commentary to Seymour's level of play here.

Love's current level of play is just as good as a Seymour at 60%.

Last edited:
Kyle Love has played extremely well. Just watch him and you'll see why he's gotten some national attention. I am very happy with his output this season. I think the kid will only continue to get better, especially with Big Vince there to show him the ropes.

On a related note, a lot of the young D-Linemen on the team have shown some flashes. Myron Pryor was playing very well before the injury. Deaderick has been more than solid. Heck, even Ron Brace has shown a little 'sumtin sumtin.' It looks good along the D line to me.

DL plays for Love of his friend - BostonHerald.com

Every blue moon, the Herald has a decent piece.

Kyle Love’s never had to search hard for motivation. That certainly rings true this season. After all, he just has to look down at the wristband on his right arm.

It’s off-white and reads “Nick Bell #36” in red lettering. It’s a tribute to his college teammate who died in November 2010 after a short battle with cancer. Bell played with Love for two years at Mississippi State and often came to him for advice.

And as Love starts to make a name for himself in the NFL, it’s only fitting that it comes during a season dedicated to his friend.

Also didn't know he was born in South Korea (his father was in the US Army), and how he and Deaderick have become close from their underdog status on the team.

Kyle Love has played extremely well. Just watch him and you'll see why he's gotten some national attention. I am very happy with his output this season. I think the kid will only continue to get better, especially with Big Vince there to show him the ropes.

On a related note, a lot of the young D-Linemen on the team have shown some flashes. Myron Pryor was playing very well before the injury. Deaderick has been more than solid. Heck, even Ron Brace has shown a little 'sumtin sumtin.' It looks good along the D line to me.

I think the team needs to make serious investments in the interior D-line for the 2012 season.

Because of his age, it's highly likely that G. Warren will not be with the team next year. While Brace shows flashes every now and then, the fact that he can't beat out Warren or Love tells me that he has a ways to go. As outstanding as VW is, by this time next year he will be 31 and the 60-70 snaps on D that he is seeing now needs to be cut back so his career can be extended. Love is fine, but not a pro-bowl caliber guy. Deaderick is more like a Bobby Hamilton-type. Solid, but not a difference-maker. Pryor is a good rotational guy- not a starter at this point. Sadly, I don't expect Mike Wright to be back with the team in 2012.

I like Pryor a lot more than the majority of this forum too. It's a shame about his injuries the last 2 yrs. I wonder if he will be back?

I hope so too. He was our best interior sub package rusher. I hope, for Mike Wright's sake, that he retires. He's suffered way too many concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back