PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some literature from the union

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 quotes that popped out to me.

“If we get to March 3, 2006, we'll be so close to an uncapped year that the players feel we should just go there,†says NFLPA Executive Director Gene Upshaw. “And if we get into an uncapped year,†he warns, “we will never have a salary cap in the NFL again.â€

So is this a bargaining threat/shot across the bows to the owners or Gene Upshaws 'brilliant' idea of what he would really do......oppose any salary cap ever again. Sounds like recipe for a LOCKOUT to me.

might lose in benefits,†he
says. “Our current benefit package is worth about $225,000 to $300,000 per
player.

Jeez; and I was thinking these guys were overpaid already. Everybody gets a free $300,000 ontop of their minimum $440K or so minimum salary?

Pretty clear from the get go that this was what Gene wanted all along.

I love the part where they spin the potential for RFA's to get great deals anyway, citing that several have (LOL) and pointing to a long ago deal that can't be replicated (Martin) and a guy who couldn't wait to get his old job back (Coles) to get away from a team anther guy (Arrington) just paid to get the hell away from.

Whatever....

We need a spin smilie.

Blah, Blah, Blah....just typical union posturing, there is a reliance on hysteria in times like these. What I find interesting in all of this is the quietness of the players and their reliance on the union to speak for them, with the exception of Matt Birk I have not seen or read anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes