PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

some Jets reasoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd the Jets do against Chicago and Jacksonville?

The Pats laid the wood to Jax and Tennessee, two teams fighting for their playoff lives.

6-10 here you come Jets!

Brady slipped a few times? I remeber him being helped to the muddy ground by some green and white. Pennington looked pretty clean after that mud bowl and Brady looked like.. well mud.

all this aside, it's a good thing we play the game instead of duking it out on partesan forum.

I think the Jets will do better then the spread - and with some key turn overs and special team action, could win. I don't think it will be lopsided. Magenius is to smart for that - and knows the pats system.

Either way, the Pats dynasty is over. :bricks:

The new kid will lead the AFC east next year. But don't feel bad Pats fans, your team will still be superior to the leaderless dolphins and LOSSMan Bills.

The Jets have greatly improved this year and Mangini has exceeded expectations.

Enjoy your 2nd place schedule next year, the Jets finish with a worse record next year than this year, count on it.

Dont know why some of you don't take the Jets seriously enough, but the Patriots do, and I don't think it's all just political correctness.

The primary running backs for the upcoming game (Cedric Houston & Leon Washington) were not the primary backs the Jets used in the first two games (Barlow & Blaylock). While not spectacular, they are a part of the Jets offense that is unusual to the Patriots.

What is so "UNUSUAL" about the Jets offense? Do they line up 3 LBS on the O-line or something? I hear garbage like this and I LAUGH because its BS and it shows someone just trying to make things up.

I've heard things like: If the Jets and Patriots both play flawless games the Patriots should win. Well that is the most stupid thing I have heard in a while. Part of playing a flawless game is preventing the other team from playng flawless. Impossible for two teams to be flawless.

In the first Jets/Pats game the Patriots defensive line dominated the line of scrimmage the whole game and it was very embarrasing. Two things that I take into consideration when I think about that game:

Veteran & talented defensive line together for 3 years vs Newly put together offensive line with minimal cohesion with two rookies playing in thier second game missing key offensive lineman Pete Kendall...

Of course the Patriots would win that matchup...but in the second game the Pats could only manage one sack in the muck and slop. I just want to illiustrate to some patriots fans a part of the improvement I am referring to about the Jets. 1st game 4 sacks...2nd game 1 sack and I don't want to hear the Ty Warren was absent stuff. Was he the defensive player of the month in the AFC? Yes... is he Aaron Schobel? No! No way is Ty Warren a three sack diffrerence maker.

You are truly ignorant if you believe that Ty Warren isn't a 3 sack difference maker, so be it. He doesn't need to be a 3 sack difference, though he's pretty damn close. Warren is on of the best run stoppers in the LEAGUE. Here is a hint for you. As a 3-4 DE, he still was credited with 86 tackles by the NFL and 117 by his coaches. Take a look at other 3-4 DEs in the league and tell me which ones were close to that.

Another think I noticed in the first game: on a couple of pass plays that Tom Teriffic made against the jets, the secondary looked confused and were pointing fingers at each other and players were WIDE OPEN. Blown coverages and uncovered players and I could go on an on and on.

There was none of that in the second game. The recievers were well covered in that game and most of Brady's passing yards came in garbage time (damn prevent defense). The real scary part: All the sacks on Brady were by defensive lineman and weren't all on the blitzes. If the d-linemen get pressure again like that...forget it. I don't know if any offensive lineman were missing from that second game who could have made a difference but....

The receivers were well covered in the second game because it was nearly impossible to gain seperation because of the field conditions. Now, I can guarantee you that Stephen Neal would have made a tremendous difference. But, you've already shown that you dont understand as much as you think you do.

The Jets were one of three teams (broncos & dolphins) that prevented the Patriots from getting in the endzone twice in a game. I guess that means the defense is prettyy good no matter what type of field it is nor who we play.

GO JETS
-Chris

Last I looked, the Pats go into the endzone 3 times against New York. OH, and the Pats did get into the endzone twice against New York in the 2nd game. Once on the TD and once on the 2 pt conversion.

... would you put Assante Samuel, as great as he is...one on one with Coles for the entire game? I'm not so sure he's a shutdown yet... soon maybe.

Teams on offense game plan to get a good WR isolated on a DB. ANY good WR will win the battle most of the time when isolated on a good DB since the WR knows where he is going, while the DB must react.

Ridiculous argument.

I must say first that I am a JETS fan...

I see that people want to talk about how the Jets only beat one team that ended up with a record over .500. (Teams that are 8-8 don't count in my humble opinion because they aren't winners, they're just average.) Well, the Patriots only beat two teams that ended up better than 8-8: the Jets and the Bears. The latter of the two being road weary playing thier third road game in a row.

Some Pats fans want to talk about the sloppy field conditions that hindered the Patriots in the week 10 game @ Gillette Stadium. My question is: Why would the same field conditions not be a hindrance to the Jets as well? Do the Jets have special cleats or something? You guys lost to the team that was playing better that week that's just the truth.

"But what about when the playing field was even in Giants Stadium and the Pats won 24-17 in a game where the score wasn't even that close?"

I'm glad you brought that up...here is my resoning behind why I think the Jets have a good chance to win on sunday:

Every other team in the playoffs in the AFC had something SET coming into the season:
Colts: Manning + Harrison + Wayne Passing attack
Patriots: Brady, Belichick, Dillon, TONS of experience
Chiefs: Larry Johnson & Trent Green
Ravens: Dominant defense & Jamal Lewis
Chargers: LaDanian Tomlinson & Antonio Gates

But the Jets had a new everything: a rookie Head Coach, Offensive & Defensive Co-ordinators, new 3-4 defense installed, a new offense to learn, mismatched personell, a rehabbing quarterback, no rushing attack, no superstar on either offense or defense, two rookies on the offensive line, only 1 player (Vilma) out of 22 players on the starting offense & defense had been to a pro bowl and he was an alternate. The Jets only pro bowler this year is a freakin kick returner. Not one team, not even the Titans, has improved so much from game 1 to game 16 and I dont care how many "good" teams the Jets played or have beaten. The Jets are a very good team that has a legit chance of coming out of the AFC. But then again so does every other team.
The Jets team that lost 24-17 in week 2 is not the as good as the Jets team that won 17-14 in Gilette and that Jets team is not as good at the one that'll show up on Sunday. Anyone who has seen both games will agree somewhat with me on this? Will there be a Patriots fan who'll tell me how the Patriots have improved over the season?

Enjoy the rout and the annual "Jets golf tourney" that begins on January 10th every year.

(The Pats improved SIGNIFICANTLY on defense this year to answer your question). Defense wins in the playoffs, especially against QB's who throw like my sister.

Enjoy the rout and the annual "Jets golf tourney" that begins on January 10th every year.

(The Pats improved SIGNIFICANTLY on defense this year to answer your question). Defense wins in the playoffs, especially against QB's who throw like my sister.

I imagine that Joe-verrated Namath gets loaded at the golf tournament.

I just get so much love from you guys...it's endearing. Just read some of the boston Newspapers and see what some of them say.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/01/05/hes_really_shaking_this_time/

here is a read I think you will enjoy...
Have a good night
-Chris

El Globo is part owner of the Red Sox. The writers over there are widely discredited for trying to dismiss the Pats whenever possible. Here is a read for you.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=47486

And you come to our board, and we argue points with you. That is why you came, correct? If you were looking to create absolutely any kind of persuasion, you came to the wrong site. Obviously, you did not read my early post to you, calling you more than a troll, and engaging in dialog....What were you expecting, for us to start wearing green?

and I don't want to hear the Ty Warren was absent stuff. Was he the defensive player of the month in the AFC? Yes... is he Aaron Schobel? No! No way is Ty Warren a three sack diffrerence maker.

-Chris

Let me help you with your ignorance of football:

The Patriots play a two-gap 3-4. In a two-gap 3-4, the number of sacks achieved by a DL is miniscule in importance. Their job is mainly to engage as many OL as possible and to free up the LB's to shoot the gaps. So while you NY fans have been jazzed by the glitz of the "great" Mark Gastineau and Michael Strahan, we here in Title Town kinda chuckle at those stat champs. Kinda like Dan Fouts vs. Joe Montana.

I'm in a great mood, so this one was on the house!

it is different in the post season, in 2001 the rams came to NE and beat the pats, pats won the SB rematch. in 2004 the steelers beat up the pats in pitt, pats whent down there and smoked em in the afc title game. indy played the pats tough in the 03 and 04 regular season and got their butts kicked in january. the only acception is denver last year, a team who happens to have our number. titans played the pats tough in 2003, but lost both the regular and postseason meeting.

EIFMP -
Not that I expect you to come back here and admit you were wrong, but do you want to tell us again how Ty Warren isn't worth 3 sacks?

The Patriots dominated this game except for the initial turnover.

Brady slipped a few times? I remeber him being helped to the muddy ground by some green and white. Pennington looked pretty clean after that mud bowl and Brady looked like.. well mud.

all this aside, it's a good thing we play the game instead of duking it out on partesan forum.

I think the Jets will do better then the spread - and with some key turn overs and special team action, could win. I don't think it will be lopsided. Magenius is to smart for that - and knows the pats system.

Either way, the Pats dynasty is over. :bricks:

The new kid will lead the AFC east next year. But don't feel bad Pats fans, your team will still be superior to the leaderless dolphins and LOSSMan Bills.

FORE!!!!

Enjoy your summer. Back to 8-8 for you clowns considering that schedule. Get lost, Jersey trash.

bump..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye