PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some jets comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever lost to the Jets in the playoffs? We beat them in the Brady era and I also remember beating then in NJ in the 1985 run.

You have correctly identified the two playoff wins:

1985 Wild Card Game: Patriots 26-14 at the Meadowlands (the game where, I believe Johnny Rembert stripped the ball from a Jet on a kick-off return).

2006 Wild Card Game: Patriots 37-16 at Foxboro (Asante had a pick-six against Chad Pennington)

Reiss has a rundown of Jets comments, and it's eye opening to see that of all the comments, LaDainian and Braylon's comments are the most classless. LDT is consistently not very classy.

His feeling are still hurt apparently.

Soundbites from Jets on Pats game - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

WR Braylon Edwards (from @DanWetzel)
"I remember what happened [Dec. 6 in a 45-3 Patriots win] but at the end of the day we know we're better than them. ... If they come at us with their press coverage or man-to-man they did at beginning of the game we'll take advantage of it this time."

OL Damien Woody (from ESPN.com's Tim Graham)
"Couldn't have scripted it better, to get a third opportunity at a team. We split in the regular season, but people don't remember our win. They remember the huge blowout. You're only as good as your last game. So Part III is coming up."

DB Dwight Lowery (from ESPN.com's Tim Graham)
"Not going to happen again. That wasn't the same group of guys that showed up [vs. the Colts]. What happened in the last game definitely is not going to happen again. We'll be better prepared overall. It's a brand new game."

LB Bart Scott (commenting on Tom Brady seeing "Lombardi" last night, from ESPNNewYork's Ian O'Connor)
"Everybody prepares differently. Obviously Tom Brady's doing something right because he's got three Super Bowl rings. To each his own."

RB LaDanian Tomlinson (from the Boston Globe's Greg A. Bedard)
“Late in the fourth [quarter on Dec. 6] the Pats were talking and yapping. I said, 'You got us but we'll be back. We'll be back.'"

LB David Harris (from the Boston Globe's Greg A. Bedard)
“Of course I've thought about it [45-3 loss on Dec. 6]. That left a bad taste that hasn't gone away."

TE Dustin Keller (from the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian)
"They gave us a bad beating the last time we played them. So we feel like it’s two games in a row where it’s payback time. We’re going to get a chance to get back at them."

CB Antonio Cromartie (from the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian)
"That’s one game you say you want to forget, but it’s still in the back of your mind. You don’t forget nothing like that."

... most of these comments are completely benign ... you have to love David Harriss though.

CB Antonio Cromartie (from the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian)
"That’s one game you say you want to forget, but it’s still in the back of your mind. You don’t forget nothing like that."

How could you forget something like that. Not like its something unimportant like the names of your kids.

How could you forget something like that. Not like its something unimportant like the names of your kids.
hahah exactly... btw, did anyone see how atrocious this guy was last night in coverage? I know the late KR was huge, but he can't cover to save his life.

Last edited:
Yup. They are normal comments.

Except this one.WR Braylon Edwards (from @DanWetzel)
"I remember what happened [Dec. 6 in a 45-3 Patriots win] but at the end of the day we know we're better than them. ... If they come at us with their press coverage or man-to-man they did at beginning of the game we'll take advantage of it this time."

1. How can he even think they are better? They were napalmed in a game that was for "all" the playoff marbles.

2. Press coverage, man to man, it does not matter. They still have to rely on Sanchez to deliver the ball and we can see that is not frequent enough.

Saw some other poster on here reference him as OctoDad. Hadn't heard that yet but might be best nickname ever.

How bout having the Patriots cheerleaders with bare feet? Couldn't they do a little dance in front of Rex just before the game?:D

Seriously....
Seriously, its going to be f******* cold, to cold to be running around bare foot.

LB David Harris (from the Boston Globe's Greg A. Bedard)
“Of course I've thought about it [45-3 loss on Dec. 6]. That left a bad taste that hasn't gone away."

If Rex had said that, I could have been mistaken for thinking he was on about feet! :D

ANytime you want a laugh..go over to ganggreen and open any thread..it's hilarious

Excellent. Get as many microphones and reporters around them as possible. Keep talking, boys!

Holy crap, I'm not the biggest LT fan, but I just realized; when he has that facial hair, he looks exactly like a black wolverine! My respect for him just sky-rocketed.

So far nothing we can really run with...but it will happen soon enough.

your a ***.
I read your post in the jets board complaining about getting a warning here.
Nice. You're (correct spelling) a dope.

Seriously, its going to be f******* cold, to cold to be running around bare foot.

Then give the cheerleaders boots that look like feet! I'm sure they can have someone make flesh-colored boots with toes on the end!:D

ANytime you want a laugh..go over to ganggreen and open any thread..it's hilarious

I think someone should hire some psychology professors to do a study on the super inferiority complex Gangreen members carry on their shoulders. Maybe even estimate their average IQ.

I'd go over there and tell them what's up, but why bother stooping that low?

Saw some other poster on here reference him as OctoDad. Hadn't heard that yet but might be best nickname ever.

Thank you.......We'll be here all week for your dancing and dining pleasure:eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes