PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Great Positives From Yesterday's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We got contributions from some names We haven't heard much from yesterday.Richard Seymour was HUGE ! Eugene Wilson should get a Game Ball.Kelley Washington made a big play and For those who worried about Our running game ,stop worrying ,Laurence Maroney looked GREAT. He ran hard and did not fumble on that sloppy day yesterday and Kevin Faulk filled in and carried the load nicely.The Defense gave up 3 points! Focus on the positive Guys and Gals.

A great positive is that hopefully it will be another 17 years before we get a blocked punt returned for a TD. That was the worst "punt" I've ever seen. Did Hanson not see the 6'0" 250 lb guy in the white and green uni about 2 feet away from him when he decided to "punt" it?

That was embarrassing, to say the least. If you mess up a snap like that and you see the guy rushing at you just fall on the ground! The Jets get the ball but you at least give the D a chance to stop the other team.

I agree with evrything said here. Along with this I would add....Was the game ever in doubt? The Patriots controlled this game from start to finish. At no time was i worried about the outcome here even when the score was close. This game was NOTHING like the Ravens, Colts, or Eagles games. Eventhough the score stayed relatively close the Jets never really had a chance in it.

A great positive is that hopefully it will be another 17 years before we get a blocked punt returned for a TD. That was the worst "punt" I've ever seen. Did Hanson not see the 6'0" 250 lb guy in the white and green uni about 2 feet away from him when he decided to "punt" it?

That was embarrassing, to say the least. If you mess up a snap like that and you see the guy rushing at you just fall on the ground! The Jets get the ball but you at least give the D a chance to stop the other team.

My husband and I were yelling at the TV - did you not see this guy coming?! Just fall on the ball!? He kicked it (or tried to) right into the guy!! Seems like there will be some "situational" work for the punter this week at practice. Is Ken Walter still available?

And no, I never felt like the game was close, even though the O was playing like crap.

My husband and I were yelling at the TV - did you not see this guy coming?! Just fall on the ball!? He kicked it (or tried to) right into the guy!! Seems like there will be some "situational" work for the punter this week at practice. Is Ken Walter still available?

And no, I never felt like the game was close, even though the O was playing like crap.
If Hanson were a right footed kicker, he would have gotten it off, but he isn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes