PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some good news from the Jerko Crotchery TD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you watched the game again....but on Crotchery's TD, when Rodney noticed the play was still live, he went after him.

Why is this good news?

Well I noticed Rodney was gaining on him, and Jerko was moving pretty good.

My point being that Rod's never been mistaken for Darrell Green back there, but it seems his functional straight line speed is still very good.

That to me was super encouraging.

Slagathor said:
I don't know how many of you watched the game again....but on Crotchery's TD, when Rodney noticed the play was still live, he went after him.

Why is this good news?

Well I noticed Rodney was gaining on him, and Jerko was moving pretty good.

My point being that Rod's never been mistaken for Darrell Green back there, but it seems his functional straight line speed is still very good.

That to me was super encouraging.
dude I don't know how that is good news. I saw it as Rodney hesitating. Te whistle didn't blow thus the play was still alive and that split second hesitation cost him from maybe catching Cotchery.

As I recall Rodney had somewhat of an angle on him. But his speed did look pretty good regardless.

MrBigglesWorth said:
dude I don't know how that is good news. I saw it as Rodney hesitating. Te whistle didn't blow thus the play was still alive and that split second hesitation cost him from maybe catching Cotchery.

Everbody on the field blew that play, you can't blame Rodney for that.

I think it's important to recognize that our Pro-Bowl strong safety is back to health for the season rathed than dissecting one play which in the end, though flukey and frustrating, did not cost us the game in the end.

Last edited:
MrBigglesWorth said:
That's just a reaction to the play issue. We won the game so it doesn't matter. If he was hesitating from contact consistently, which he isn't, that would be a problem.

Slagathor said:
Everbody on the field blew that play, you can't blame Rodney for that.

I think it's important to recognize that our Pro-Bowl strong safety is back to health for the season rathed than dissecting one play which in the end, though flukey and frustrating, did not cost us the game in the end.
So the good news is he hesitated then ran as fast as he could? He can do that in practice.

I'm not bashing Rodney, I'm just saying this thread has no purpose.

BelichickFan said:
That's just a reaction to the play issue. We won the game so it doesn't matter. If he was hesitating from contact consistently, which he isn't, that would be a problem.
He wans't hesitating becuase of contact, no one was even near him. Platers are taught to play to the whistle. Rodney the Ref knows that.

Compare the confidence with which Rodney is moving around with 'ol Peg-leg Culpepper. No comparison. Culpepper should have a parrot on his shoulder and use "Ahoy Maties!" as a snap count.:)

PonyExpress said:
Compare the confidence with which Rodney is moving around with 'ol Peg-leg Culpepper. No comparison. Culpepper should have a parrot on his shoulder and use "Ahoy Maties!" as a snap count.:)

I'll admit it, I laughed out loud.

MrBigglesWorth said:
So the good news is he hesitated then ran as fast as he could? He can do that in practice.

I'm not bashing Rodney, I'm just saying this thread has no purpose.

Who the hell asked you for your opinion on the value of the thread you turd?

I gotta tell you, one thing the internet has done is provide the scrotum-less, artificial balls.

Don't like the thread....don't respond.....it will die in the ether with the rest.

Shut your pie-hole and have some respect for others on here.

Slagathor said:

I gotta tell you, one thing the internet has done is provide the scrotum-less, artificial balls.

Don't like the thread....don't respond.....it will die in the ether with the rest.

Thanks for the great philosophical debate and useless observations.

I'm gonna start a thread that Bruschi is all hands despite a cast becuase I saw him intercept a pass at the end of the game.

And control your temper angry boy.

MrBigglesWorth said:
Thanks for the great philosophical debate and useless observations.

I'm gonna start a thread that Bruschi is all hands despite a cast becuase I saw him intercept a pass at the end of the game.

And control your temper angry boy.

Yes, Socrates would have been proud of your work.

Telling someone I don't get the reason for your post, ain't debate chief.

It's just being a douche bag.

Be a man, not the obvious weasel you are.

RH clearly hesitated. Negative play.

SoCal Bong said:
RH clearly hesitated. Negative play.

I think he thought it was dead. The last thing the most heavily fined played in NFL history wants to do is give the refs any added reason to nail him for a personal foul penalty.

It was all around a weird play. We shouldn't read to much into it about our players' ability.

Slagathor said:

Agree and agree w/your original observation. Good to see Rodney can cruise after major surgery. Thanks for pointing it out.

MrBigglesWorth said:
Sure Rodney hesitated, he needed to force Cotchery to commit, once Cotchery commited to running down the sideline Rodney could try and catch him. Cotchery had the option of cutting back into the middle of the field if Rodney hadn't hesitated. Trying to pin Cotchery against the sideline he created an opportunity for Hobbs to fight off the block and help out - Hobbs was unable to get off the block, but Rodney used both the sideline and Hobbs trying to create an opportunity to make a play.

Wow this thread went completely off what I think the thread creator intended. He was just saying it's good to see Rodney back to full speed after the bad injury he suffered last year.

Good read Box. ;)

PonyExpress said:

That reminds me...International Talk Like a Pirate Day is this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots