PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some funny comments by Brandon Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha this is GOLD!!! Love it

Jets boards must be a mess right now..

Jets fans have to know that it wasn't going to end any other way with Rex. When you puff yourself up in this fashion, you're going to get popped.

This. I about lost it when Jacobs came right out and called Rex a b*tch to start the interview.

$1 per fan would be tens of millions of dollars. I doubt his fine would be that much.

I'm fine with Jacobs taking home a couple extra million in return for these comments. I'm sure he could be successfully encouraged to donate it to a worthwhile charity. Maybe something to fight obesity, given the nature of his comments.

I know the Giants are hated around here but since we both have to deal with Jaba the Gut imo A new low was reached even for Fat Boy, i.e. covering up the giants SB trophies with a black curtain. Then placing a guard in front of it so no one could remove the curtain. I would have like to have seen Jacobs dish it right to Fat Boys Grill.

Is this real? I haven't heard it but if it is, then the guy is a bigger tool than I thought.

Rex needs to take it and like it. If you're gonna dish it, you better be able to take it.

That's the point....he CAN'T Take it. This guy is a ****y and a gutless coward. Great to hurl insults and act like a tough guy with a full security team hanging around to save his FAT *****....But If Jacobs had been waiting in the parking lot the fat pu##y would have been whimpering like a little girl. Jacobs is a monster and like all the giants, was enraged at Rex's BS......He would have pounded Rex around like a speed bag.....F' REX that bloated toe cheese licker!!!

The jets are still mathematically alive. Houston can beat Tenn, SD can beat Oakland and Baltimore can beat Cincy. If that happens and the Jets win, they are in.

The jets are like that annoying rat you are trying to kill at home. unless you see it dead in a trap you won't believe it's truly gone.

Nice blog post by the New York Times, summing up how ugly this whole thing was.

In the days before Giants-Jets, there was talk about who was the “big brother” and the “little brother” in the city. In the end, it seemed an apt analogy because brothers get in a lot of dumb fights when they’re growing up.

As I said before, so odd to me the emphasis Rex put on the whole "best team in New York" thing. BB teams would never lose focus that way.

Oh, and this was funny:

Lawrence Tynes came into MetLife Stadium and saw the black curtains the Jets had put up to cover the Giants’ Super Bowl logos painted outside their locker room. So he ripped one down. Jets defensive lineman Marcus Dixon walked by and put it back up.
Giants president and CEO John Mara said the Jets “do that all the time. We don’t cover theirs.

I'll be candid: I don't see how the JETS management can keep Rex around much longer. It's one thing to be running your mouth about opponents, but at some point, you have to be able to back up your words with actions, and he hasn't been able to do that.

Ryan is rapidly becoming the punching bag of the New York media, and the JETS can't afford the bad PR. They are in the hole financially, and need to sell a huge number of PSL's still to pay for their share of the stadium.

That isn't going to happen anytime soon if the JETS are seen as a losing proposition.

I'll be right surprised if Ryan is still the HC of the NYJ next year.

Nothing bothers me more when Rex is given a pass by the media as "Rex being Rex" but when coachs like BB ,coughlin do it their way , they are criticized and mocked.

That's the point....he CAN'T Take it. This guy is a ****y and a gutless coward. Great to hurl insults and act like a tough guy with a full security team hanging around to save his FAT *****....But If Jacobs had been waiting in the parking lot the fat pu##y would have been whimpering like a little girl. Jacobs is a monster and like all the giants, was enraged at Rex's BS......He would have pounded Rex around like a speed bag.....F' REX that bloated toe cheese licker!!!

Jacobs would pummel this guy into oblivion. Jacobs is a scary mofo.

I figured Ryan was the biggest hypocrite when he released Mason earlier this year for talking negative about the Jets offense. I guess you can only talk junk when you are directing it at other teams. So much for letting his players speak their minds.

got this of GG, thread titled Shut the F*** Up Rex, rational jets fan. couldn't have put it better myself so why try;)

quote:
Shut the F**** up Rex, because the same OLD guarantees have gotten OLD, the same OLD we're better than EVERYBODY is also FALSE. Right now you have your much vaunted and hyped team floating around like a LEAD BALLOON. Let's face it, the best thing for the JETS right now is to miss the playoffs, why you may ask? Well this entire organization needs a dose of humility!!

Their brashness and arrogance is downright annoying and even us fans are f***ing tired of the bravado. Especially the "we're better than anyone else BS", when you LBs are slow as **** and the safeties cannot cover a pin with a roll of Met Life stadium AstroTurf, you need to shut the F*** up and get better.

We have receivers who cannot get open for ****(how many PI on Plax has this year?"), we have an OLINE that barely blocks and a shell shocked QB. Just SHUT THE F*** UP and fix this flawed team. Draft a decent Olineman, a few SPEEDY line backers and a couple of safeties who can cover the middle of the field. Also a WR who runs the correct routes with a little speed would also be useful.

Well that's the end of my little rant, everyone Happy Holidays and the only gift I want for Christmas is a humble head coach who doesn't write checks that his flawed team cannot cash!!!!

Last edited:
That was pretty funny.

That said, I've always found Ryan's shtick to be good natured. He's rarely ever putting another team down, always just hyping his own guys up. Guy also goes out of his way to compliment Belichick and flat out admits that BB is a better coach than. (Not that we needed clarification)

I'm in the minority, while I'll always hate the Jets, I don't really hate Ryan. It's guys like Joey Porter and Channing Crowder who are truly worthy of our scorn, guys who have actually maliciously attacked our franchise.

People who can only see the world in black and white will always be the one who fall for what Rex is doing.

I'm a Patriots fan since 1985 when I was 10. I'm also probably as big of a Rex Ryan fan as you'll find out of fans of AFC East teams that aren't the Jets. He's a smart guy and he's a fantastic coach stuck with a QB who has regressed and a roster that is pretty clearly worse than last year's.

I honestly don't think Rex Ryan, the one that we see in the media, is anything but an act. He is very purposeful in what he does and you need look no farther than the post game meeting between him and Belichick in the playoffs last year to see that Belichick clearly respects the man.

Rex has a different approach, that is it. He makes himself the target to take pressure off of his team. Sanchez clearly is struggling and if not for Rex he'd be under even more of a microscope in NY right now.

Rex has a different approach, that is it. He makes himself the target to take pressure off of his team. Sanchez clearly is struggling and if not for Rex he'd be under even more of a microscope in NY right now.

Agree he's a good coach. Has been creative on defense.

Not sure I buy the last bit though. I do see the value of taking pressure off The Sanchize who appears to me to have a somewhat fragile psyche. Not sure if Rex's act is focused on Sanchez as much as you imply. But if so, kudos to Rex for figuring that out and for taking the heat.

I do feel his bravado tightrope walk may fall as a segment of the locker room tires of his act.

I believe that being brash comes naturally to a Ryan and that characteristic is just what owner Woody wants to get the public jacked up and buying PSLs.

"Still mathematically alive" is still a bit scary. Hope Miami is at the top of its game next Sunday.

"Still mathematically alive" is still a bit scary. Hope Miami is at the top of its game next Sunday.

im sure miami hates the jets as much as they hate us. they are going to play spoiler for sure. thankfully the NFL woke up and made the last 2 weeks of the season division games for all teams. i doubt too many teams are going to rest their players next week.

Dear NFL fans who don't support the Jets,

Merry Christmas,

Regards Brandon Jacobs

Agree he's a good coach. Has been creative on defense.

I think the first sentence is open to argument and the second confirms why: he has no real acumen regarding offense. He's a good defensive coordinator and carnival barker, that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes