PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some decent DBs hitting FA early

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Let's see...so far today we've seen Dewan Landry, Aaron Ross, Adrian Wilson, and Chris Gamble cut. None are Superstars, although Wilson was pretty close once, and can be the enforcer on defense that Patrick Chung couldn't be relied on to be. After spending a career with Arizona, I wouldn't mind seeing what he's looking for to play for a winner.

Interesting that with a weak safety draft class last year, teams were locking their safeties up, this year with a strong class, plenty are hitting FA. I suspect this is the year to sign, rather than draft safeties because they'll likely go earlier than expected.

Let's see...so far today we've seen Dewan Landry, Aaron Ross, Adrian Wilson, and Chris Gamble cut. None are Superstars, although Wilson was pretty close once, and can be the enforcer on defense that Patrick Chung couldn't be relied on to be. After spending a career with Arizona, I wouldn't mind seeing what he's looking for to play for a winner.

I'd kick the tired on Wilson as well. He's only 2 years removed from the pro bowl and I think they could still get some pretty good production out of him for a couple of more years. Always admired his play as he always played hard on some of those crappy zona teams.

This is great for the Pats. Right now we have a lot of young db's in Dowling, Dennard, Wilson and even Talib. Adding a solid veteran cornerback like Gamble or Wilson at a very affordable price could help the Pats a lot. Gamble the former first round pick out of Ohio State has good size and can still play cb. Former all pro safety Adrian Wilson reminds me of Rondey Harrison and the Pats badly need an experienced leader at safety. Pats can really get some good players at a very good price.

This is great for the Pats. Right now we have a lot of young db's in Dowling, Dennard, Wilson and even Talib. Adding a solid veteran cornerback like Gamble or Wilson at a very affordable price could help the Pats a lot. Gamble the former first round pick out of Ohio State has good size and can still play cb. Former all pro safety Adrian Wilson reminds me of Rondey Harrison and the Pats badly need an experienced leader at safety. Pats can really get some good players at a very good price.

And don't have to spend a draft pick on the secondary in a tight draft enabling them to give Dowling and Wilson another year to see how they develop and better ascertain our future needs in next years draft.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back