PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some crucial elements in place for this last push...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sign of forward progress - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

This article on our running game got me thinking: Our run game is now back in place. Imagine scouting just the running game: that's four guys. And Faulk has now solidified himself as a run threat this season more than last year, making him extra scary, because he's also a serious receiver imo.

I believe we have a good shot at effective ball control offense. Jordan and Morris are awesome when they're on their game (and by awesome, I mean hard to stop, not breaking the big ones). This along with Welker and Cassel's good decision making, I think we're in good shape to convert third downs and maintain long drives. Reiss shows us as having the lowest total and percentage of negative running plays. Gotta hand it to our RB's and O-Line there. Relatedly, we're 8th in the league in rushing yards and 6th in rushing TD's. We're 11th in passing third down conversions.

Rewatching the Hawks game, our defense actually looked pretty good. We can measure signs of improvement a bit, but we won't really know where we're at until we beat the snot our of Arizona. Sanders got real close to a sack on a corner blitz and we all took notice of the Meriweather blitz.

Our D must get something together on third downs, and though it may not be worth much, our third down D was significantly better last week, more-so after we plugged some fresh guys into the D.

So in my mind, if the D can scheme and improve just a little on a couple of points, we've got a good shot at taking care of business.

There's a Q-Back concern for this week, but until today's practice report comes out, I'm not too worried about that.

What do you guys think? I really feel like the team is finding itself each week and just may play some (tight) winning December football. It may come down to scouting and scheming, but this team looks to be in good shape from the numbers.

Jordan and awesome in the same sentence wow...ok finally he healthy 15 weeks later lets hold judgement on him for a bit longer.

I do look for a big change in strategy this week.

Oak 30 vs run, 9 vs pass and Cassell getting limited reps.

Jordan and awesome in the same sentence wow...ok finally he healthy 15 weeks later lets hold judgement on him for a bit longer.

I do look for a big change in strategy this week.

Oak 30 vs run, 9 vs pass and Cassell getting limited reps.

All I'm saying is in 28 running attempts, Jordan has no Negative Yardage plays. ZERO. And he was taking guys with him on Sunday.

That said, there was a little disclaimer in the "awesome" sentence. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back