Welcome to PatsFans.com

Some Countries pledge millions to Haiti.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Jan 14, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

As usual, the US stands far above the rest of the world in disaster aid. And that's why we should all be proud to be Americans!

Some Euro-D-Bags would prolly say "Hey, it's part of the U.S., so they don't need much help from us! But the reality is that the US has no more obligation than any other country to extend help.

And I'd be willing to bet that some A-hole will complain that the US isn't doing enough!:rolleyes:
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Pure speculation, why do you hate the world???

In reality that to whom is given much is expected, do not watch the rest of the world or what they do.. do the right thing here.. unbelievable juvenile comment.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

I love my country first and I try not to hate anyone. You of all people should criticize "hate-speak"!:rolleyes:

You're the one who is always implying that this party is racist and that corporation is evil. So you might just want to shut up...I dunno.

I've heard quotes from many countries complaining about the lack of charity from the US in the past. I've even seen them give numbers regarding how much we "should" give! They are the ones who have no right to say anything.

AND....I'd bet my comments are accurate as well. There are many envious d-bags in the world Darryl. Now maybe people like you feel guilty about our standard of living vs. other nations, but I don't. I'm certainly grateful, but feel no guilt at all.

Did you not take note of France's generousity? All 125 rescue workers? :rolleyes:
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

That eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil franchise in the Bronx, who's name shall not be spoken here, donated $500,000 today. I thought that was terrific.

The one problem with pledging, or giving money to Haiti, is who's hands it ends up in. That country is terribly corrupt. So whatever is given, I hope it's managed by an outside agency. I would hate to see people get rich off another nations generousity, and at the cost of someone in desparate need.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Michelle Obama could easily raise a million by selling off her Imelda Marcos collection.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

Obama could end the wars today and send "the war money" to Haiti he would also be saving American lives (troops)
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

which are more important to Americans.....
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

"This party is racist".. what party might that be?? Is that finally the admission that you are a DINO?? In reality it does not make any difference what france or the netherlands does, it does make a difference what you do or what this country does..

Everything is not political, that to whom much is given much is expected... Why do you care what France does????
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Post of the month!
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

Typical DB comment Darryl. I was referring to YOUR hateful comments that you often make and/or insinuate about your fellow Americans. You're the one who acts as if you're part of a more righteous party when the FACT is that's not even close to being true. I already posted in another thread that I changed from democrat to independent so I can vote for Scott Brown next week. But no one can ever choose a party that is on "higher ground" because they are made up of Americans with different opinions....none of which are more righteous. And you need to get that last part through your somewhat thick head (my attempt at being PC).

I really don't care what France does. But I often hear them and other Euro countries complain about lack of US financial support for other humanitarian issues. I'm not going to allow them to talk us down without commenting Darryl.

The French would have been part of Germany without us.
  12. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I don't know...France seems like a pretty wealthy nation. There are many on these boards that often talk about their econmic models, especially with regards to health care, as ones to be emulated. So doesn't your catch phrase above apply to them? They've been given much (to some on here they are supposedly better off then we are) so shouldn't we expect much from them? The first part of your phrase seems to answer the question in your second part of your phrase.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +193 / 3 / -10

GREAT post BSR!! :rocker:
  14. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +598 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

You're absolutely right Harry. Imagine how that money could help the Haitians, and even people at home.
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +598 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

More foreign aid to Maine ... that's what I say.
  17. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That's 50% more than China is giving. I guess they have all their money tied up in solar power :rolleyes:
  18. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They are also sending search and rescue teams to the country to help search for survivors..something that will directly help out the relief efforts unlike monetary aid :rolleyes:
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Cannot comprehend how such a benign issue with such a great need, becomes so political...but in this day and age, with the likes of Rush, Limbaugh and Robertson( the leaders of the republican party) it makes sense..

FYI Doctors without Borders is a french organization, Electricians without Borders is a french organization..France is also advocating to the cancellation of the national debt of Haiti as well.. France is advocating for a reconstruction conference in the very near future... they have relief teams on the ground.. France is taking some of the refugees...

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2010/01/14/world/international-uk-quake-haiti-france.html

It is unbelievably juvenile to criticize any other nation for what they are doing, and akin to your neighbor getting burned out of their home and you do not want to get involved because the neighbors from a town nearby does not want to help. Not quite sure that have seen such a stupid, selfish thread on this board in a very long time...

Bush I, Clinton and Bush II would have done the same thing, it is what is expected of our great nation... we have much and are expected to share our great wealth with others in time of need.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 1 / -9

"Saudi Arabia=O"

So says O'Reilly