PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some Consolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIVA Pats Fan

On the Roster
Reaction score
Twenty years from, when the Super Bowls are played between teams like the Arizona Cardinals and the Cleveland Browns, people will look back on Super Bowl 42 and ask the age old question, "who was that team that beat the Patriots way back in 2007."

Meaning of course, that this will be the first Super Bowl to feature a loser that will be remembered than the winner.

Not just because of the 18-0 coming in. But also because this team grabbed the atention of every sports fan and casual fan in America. From Spygate, to Gisele and Brady, to Shula's comments, to Arlen Specter, to the Belichick hatefest, to the TD records, to the running up the score complaints, to the 72 Dolphins cominbg out of the retirement home - this team was everywhere from the sports page to the front page. In the DC area where I live, where everyone lives and dies by the Redskins, the Patriots were receiving more attention than the hometown team up until the death of Sean Taylor! I thought I never would have lived to ever see that.

Look at it this way, does anybody really believe that this Super Bowl was the second most watched tv event in history just because the Giants were in it? I don't think so.

Right now the loss stings. But one thing all the hatred and attention has done is ensured that this team will forever live on in everyone's memory. Far longer than Plaxico Burress, Eli Manning or anyone else on the team everyone forgot was the one to beat the Pats.

This is possibly the dumbest post I have ever read on this forum. The Giants
will forever remain as "The David who slew Goliath". This win has surpassed
the Jets beating the Colts. It's bigger than Seattle Slew at the Belmont. It's
the biggest 'choke' job outside of the Yankees four game choke in the WS.
Stop trying to whitewash what we all know. We lost. Don't get over it or
get over it, I don't care but for God's sake, don't think for a minute you can
diminish what has happened.

The Pats Choked, The Giants didn't. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes