PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some comments from Colts fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Rings are all that matters. The Colts have had more talent this decade than the Patriots but only have 1 ring to show for it. That is what hurts the most. All the talent wasted.

Yep which is why at this point them losing in the playoffs doesn't really get to me anymore. That and well I suffered a far great loss this past week that doesn't compare to something as trivial as a game. I do wonder what was the point in us being in the playoffs. I hate to say it but the Patriots probably deserved to be in the playoffs more than us if we are to lose to an 8-8 team.

They probably would of won their first game also...they come prepared...

Yep and with a QB who never even started a playoff game in his career...

I'm so used to this great regular season and then a letdown in the playoffs. I think from now on I'm not going to get to excited in the regular season, i will still cheers and be a huge fan of the COLTS like always.

Poor Peyton being coached by a coach that has no guts and that lives to conservatively. That's what you get when someone only does things the right way. Belichick has the right idea...win any idea possible. I'm not saying cheat by any means but call the right plays, get the guys going. I don't know I'm ready for a change even if it means one or two 8-8 transition seasons. As long as we win another one while Manning is still here.

I don't think they needed to win the superbowl, they just needed to not lose their first playoff game, again, for the 6th time in 9 chances. Especially against an 8-8 football with it's best defensive player and RB on the sidelines. I think Kravitz is dead on as usual. The Colts HAVE underachieved in the playoffs under Tony Dungy.

tend to agree with the writer heres why...when you have a immortal qb like peyton and you frequently get eliminated early in the playoffs somethings wrong there.we are wasting this great qb because of personal failures,poor run defense,questionable play calling,and terrible kick coverage.somethings wrong and im quite frankly tired of it.

oww, some serious respect by colts fans here

also, makes me feel a little better about not making the PO's

I'd kinda glad SD won last night. They deserved it. But some of the teams in the playoffs have been a disappointment. The Vikings vs Eagles game is particularly ridiculous. So many bone-head calls from the coaches. I'm glad BB is our coach.

Rings are all that matters. The Colts have had more talent this decade than the Patriots but only have 1 ring to show for it. That is what hurts the most. All the talent wasted.

Yep which is why at this point them losing in the playoffs doesn't really get to me anymore. That and well I suffered a far great loss this past week that doesn't compare to something as trivial as a game. I do wonder what was the point in us being in the playoffs. I hate to say it but the Patriots probably deserved to be in the playoffs more than us if we are to lose to an 8-8 team.

They probably would of won their first game also...they come prepared...

Yep and with a QB who never even started a playoff game in his career...

I'm so used to this great regular season and then a letdown in the playoffs. I think from now on I'm not going to get to excited in the regular season, i will still cheers and be a huge fan of the COLTS like always.

Poor Peyton being coached by a coach that has no guts and that lives to conservatively. That's what you get when someone only does things the right way. Belichick has the right idea...win any idea possible. I'm not saying cheat by any means but call the right plays, get the guys going. I don't know I'm ready for a change even if it means one or two 8-8 transition seasons. As long as we win another one while Manning is still here.

I don't think they needed to win the superbowl, they just needed to not lose their first playoff game, again, for the 6th time in 9 chances. Especially against an 8-8 football with it's best defensive player and RB on the sidelines. I think Kravitz is dead on as usual. The Colts HAVE underachieved in the playoffs under Tony Dungy.

tend to agree with the writer heres why...when you have a immortal qb like peyton and you frequently get eliminated early in the playoffs somethings wrong there.we are wasting this great qb because of personal failures,poor run defense,questionable play calling,and terrible kick coverage.somethings wrong and im quite frankly tired of it.

oww, some serious respect by colts fans here

also, makes me feel a little better about not making the PO's

Greetings,

This is even more reason why I say Brady is a better QB than Manning. Look at the wr's Brady has had to work with compared to Manning, who has thrown to 2 Pro Bowl wr's for most of his career, meanwhile Brady only one season of his. The Colts have been the NFL's media darlings for years, year in year out, they mostly pick them to win the Super Bowl meanwhile New England with lesser talented teams outdid them in the playoffs(Even the year Indy beat NE Indy had superior talent). Also I am with you on not feeling as bad about NE not making the PO's, because I know down in my heart they maximize talent of every last one of their players.
Shalom,
Celticboy04

Here's the Kravitz article cited...an a few excerpts...
On football: Paper-tiger Colts are the Atlanta Braves of NFL - USATODAY.com

>>> It happens year after year after frustrating and infuriating year. And it's always something. The weather in New England. The officiating in New England. The long layoff before Pittsburgh. The Dwight Freeney injury against San Diego.
It's always something.
And yet teams like last year's Giants march on despite losing Jeremy Shockey, or the Chargers win this game without their top running back.
If it happens once, it's an anomaly. But this happens time and time again.>>>>>>>
>>>>For all of Manning's greatness, for all the weapons the Colts have on that side of the football, the fact is, Manning is sub-.500 in the playoffs, along with his head coach.>>>>>
>>>There's no nice way of saying what has to be said:
Paper tigers.
Folding again.>>

they have themselves dubbed it

"One and Dungy"

I checked the Indy boards earlier and they all seem to be throwing Addai under the bus, amusing after they spent 2 years citing Addai as how they can draft better than the Pats.

I'd kinda glad SD won last night.
Ummm...no.
Rivers is the most annoying player in the NFL right now. I won't be able to watch the playoffs if he gets any further.
And it also credits an 8-8 team with a playoff game at home. With a Charger loss, it's a situation that would have been discussed at the NFL meeting. But now, since they won, it only proves that anything can happen any given Sunday and the current playoff system is OK.

SD may be 8-8, but when they decide to show up they are as good as anyone. To lose to SD at home isn't a huge upset, and personally, I'm glad SD won because it saves us all from hearing about the possibility of Gomer Bowl I for another year.

Gotta love Kravitz citings the referees in those two Foxboro losses... completely omitting the fact that the Patriots DOMINATED both of those games pillar to post and even without the refs and the supposed non-calls, the Colts would have been SMOKED in either of those two games.

Ummm...no.
Rivers is the most annoying player in the NFL right now. I won't be able to watch the playoffs if he gets any further.
And it also credits an 8-8 team with a playoff game at home. With a Charger loss, it's a situation that would have been discussed at the NFL meeting. But now, since they won, it only proves that anything can happen any given Sunday and the current playoff system is OK.

No LT and no Merriman makes the Chargers moderately tolerable. I think Rivers is obnoxious, but I respect him for playing hard on a torn ACL last year. The guy wants to win first and I don't hate myself for rooting for him the way I would if I had rooted for Indy.

Gotta love Kravitz citings the referees in those two Foxboro losses... completely omitting the fact that the Patriots DOMINATED both of those games pillar to post and even without the refs and the supposed non-calls, the Colts would have been SMOKED in either of those two games.
I believe the point was that the excuses don't fly.

Ummm...no.

I mean, the Patriots could potentially take advantage of the same system. Let's say next year, we win our division with an 8-8 record. Who's gonna complain? Sure I hate the system but everyone plays with the same rules. It isn't perfect but it is what it is and we should only blame ourselves for not making it. ( Gaffney drop against colts & Failure to stop Jets on 3rd & 15 )

As others have said, Rivers might be obnoxious but respect for playing with a torn ACL. That takes a lot of guts and heart. ( What's more obnoxious then the Manning brothers with their Double Stuff Racing League )

Last edited:
That fan's comments are pretty much dead on and should help us appreciate being Pats fans.

No team this millenium has been closer to the success of the Pats as the Colts have and quite frankly they're not even close. Even their own fans realize it now. We may have gone 4 years without winning the big one but we're still the class of the league going into each season and will continue to be for at least the next 5-7 years.

I'd kinda glad SD won last night. They deserved it. But some of the teams in the playoffs have been a disappointment. The Vikings vs Eagles game is particularly ridiculous. So many bone-head calls from the coaches. I'm glad BB is our coach.

There's been more than a few Norv Turner bashers in this forum ...
I picked them to go all the way pre-season.
Who knows if they will go all the way but I like how Norv coaches.
He's not an elite coach ... but he has guts and he comes prepared.

they're kinda hard on themselves, another way to look at it is, maybe sd just prevented peyton from winning his 3rd sb mvp in a row lol

they're kinda hard on themselves, another way to look at it is, maybe sd just prevented peyton from winning his 3rd sb mvp in a row lol

No, nothing can console them. I'm glad we put this whole "Manning Bowl" **** to bed.

I just hate the talent BS! The Jets had 7 pro bowlers does that really mean they had that much talent. Face it the Colts are talented but not as talented as they would like you to believe.

Ummm...no.
The current playoff system is okay.

Anyone who wanted the Colts to win and face the chance of a Manning Superbowl has a screw loose.

I want to feel sorry for Manning until I read how blind the media and fans are in Indy.

when they lose it's because of Dungy's conservative playcalling, when they win it's because of Manning's brilliance.

Everyone outside of Indy knows it's never been about Dungy. They win or lose based on the way Manning plays.

Why can't the fans just realize he's a very good QB who is just a little overrated....i.e. consistently pees pants against good defense despite all the help around him.

If Dungy is in fact pulling in the reigns on Manning, maybe it's because we've seen what happens in the postseason when you don't (interceptions galore). He plays more cautiously and anxiously against stout defenses not because he's ordered to by Dungy...the reality is Peyton doesn't need to be coralled given his own past experiences.

This is a QB who tells the punt team when they can and can't come on the field....and makes sure he does it really demonstratively so as to show up his coach as much as possible.

No, I don't feel bad for Manning. I feel bad for Dungy.

The better team and the better QB won the game on Saturday night.

Indy fans will let Manning play as long as Favre did in Wisconsin -- way past his prime -- because of their blindness to his obvious shortcomings.

while i do think rivers was the better qb this season as a whole, i don't think in their careers rivers is the better qb, i think he's got a chance to be but i can't say rivers is even close yet , peyton manning has been pretty damn consistent in the regular season, even though he's choked alot in the playoffs

that being said i can't even say rivers was better saturday night, i can say that in the 4 games rivers has face peyton, rivers has been the better qb twice, that would be last playoffs in indy, and the 23-20 loss to indy in november

both of those times, rivers had the better qb rating, that's the only reason i can say he was the better qb in those two games.

saturday though, aside from peyton not being able to take advantage of what was one of the worst passing defenses all season, he did put up a good qb rating of 90, i think rivers was barely over 60 , with a horrrible int that he overthrew chambers on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes