PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some classic comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/arash_markazi/01/15/chargers.patriots/index.html
While Schottenheimer said that the timeouts were not "material to the outcome," he admitted that the game was lost because they simply "ran out of time."

The contradiction mirrors the inconsistencies between Schottenheimer's regular season and postseason records. It is becoming increasingly clear that he is either the worst playoff coach or the most cursed playoff coach. Either way, the ending is never good for his team.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=177245&format=&page=2

“I don’t care how much talent you’ve got,” Hobbs said. “I don’t care if you’ve got 11 Goliaths out there. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you can’t win. When it came down to situational football, we made the plays.”

That shows he really doesn't know which way is up....The timeout ddin't matter BUT theteam ran out with time...OK Marty..we got it!!

On the CBS4 website they had raw video of the Pats going through their tunnel back to the lockerroom after the game.

Noticed how Ty Warren was saying "Some people just crack under pressure".

The Patriots may have very well expected that if they kept the game close other mere mortals would crack - - they just know they have the mental advantage.

That irrelevant review by Schottenheimer losing that timeout was the biggest dumb mistake I've seen a HC make in a playoff game in a long time.

speaking of cracking...where was merriman the whole game??? hahahahah

i guess jason taylor can send him the "lights out" shirt and hat, and 2 bags of popcorn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back