Welcome to PatsFans.com

Some bad news

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JackPMiller, May 16, 2006.

1. JackPMiller

JackPMiller On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

A friend of mine that I have known from the 7th grade told me his sister passed away yesterday morning(Mother's Day). She was 44. Her two daughters are in their 20's but she has 3 grandkids, two that are 7(a grand son and grand daughter), and the other 3(another grand daughter). I know she divorced her husband 10 years ago, who is supposedly in jail, and not sure why, but he was in prison years ago. But I was told, she died of natrual causes.

What is weird is that, I saw his sister at the store 8 weeks ago at the grocery store, and I asked how everyone was doing, and she said fine and all, and she looked in good health, and then he told me, she got sick 4 weeks ago, and doctors did not know what it was, and then on Mother's Day, she died. That is what is shocking. Not sure how anyone could get sick that quickly and then dead in 4 weeks? I Just don't get it. How can it happen that quickly?

2. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last year, my former neighbor (32 years old with a wife and two year old little girl) went to the ER, complaining of general fatigue and malaise. He was experiencing kidney failure and extremely high blood pressure. A week later, he was dead of a massive heart attack. Turns out, he had multiple myeloma, a blood cancer that is extremely rare in that age group. The doctors missed the diagnosis.

It is so sad that people leave before their time, and it's ridiculously hard when it happens so quickly and without warning.

3. Tyler Faith

Tyler Faith Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I just watched a story on the Los Angeles news about a guy who was killed with his wife and kid in SoCal. Normally I just chalk that up to "typical depressing news". Turns out, I knew the guy quite well. I did a scene with him a year ago for a movie.

It sucks to lose a loved one but it's REALLY strange to hear about a brutal murder of someone you were, ummm, so close with, for a short time. :confused:

4. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

my prayers and thoughts

are with you for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2005
  5. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,896 / 11 / -21

#61 Jersey

My sister, who is 58, was finally diagnosed with multiple myeloma three months ago after suffering for about two years with what doctors thought was rheumatoid arthritis. You're right, myeloma is considered a disease of the elderly but it doesn't seem right that it can be misdiagnosed or missed altogether.

6. Tyler Faith

Tyler Faith Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, thanks for the well wishes. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not heart broken or broken up about it, we weren't close friend, it's just a weird feeling to have someone you know go out like that.

7. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

A friend of mine who is 40 lost his father to a heart attack when he was 16. One of his sisters died from heart attack in her 30s about 5 years ago and another sister in her 40s just died from heart attack a few months ago. It's not as uncommon as people might think.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006