PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solomon Wilcots "Shocking Belichick interview after the game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
you make the rather large assumption that he has a heart :singing:

The loss couldn't of happened to a more deserving group.:bricks:

I see the San Diego schools are doing a good job turning out kids with no command of the English language,

Nobody should be surprised that BB acted that way.

But he ended up looking like a sore loser and a gigantic assh#le to the whole country. I know, I know..... he doesn't give a crap. But, he still represents the New England Patriots.

So you wanted him to answer the question honestly?OK, "Yes, we gave up 32 points because we were battling the flu all week. Otherwise, we would have won the game. Thank you Solomon. You make a good point."

What's the big deal? He answered the reporter's asinine questions with simple answers.

I say to all you Pats Haters...Bring It...all your weak flailing is just GAS IN NEXT YEAR'S TANK !!!

I watched the interview. You tube prevent so many baloney stories from balooning from nothing.

Belichcik was most gracious. He didn't make any excuses and said the Colts played well and won. He didn't mumble. He answered the questions. Perhaps Wilcots was astonished that he didn't blame everybody, denigrate the Colts, ***** at the refs, yada yada et cetera.

BB gave him short concise asnswers and and finished the intereview. Politely said Thank You and left

What's the big deal??

Thank you. I watched it too. I can only assume that other people have never seen Belichick do an interview before.

I didn't see it, in fact I didn't even know who got the final INT until I checked NFL.com this afternoon, I turned off my TV in disgust because I didn't want to see that scummy organization and their hick fans celebrate.

Wilcots dreams of the day that he'll be standing there with the mic when someone melts down because that would make him a journalist. These guys are so f'n lazy its unbelievable. Its Bill Belichick, he's well-known. You can't just make a 1/2 a__ed effort at priming the pump and expect him to hold forth for 10 minutes. You have to ask him an un-loaded, specific question that catches him off guard and then he stops and thinks up a decent answer. Well semi-decent, he's still Belichick:D These guys get such an incredible pass because there's nobody there to commentate on the commentators. My interview skills are vastly better than his and I still get nervous asking women on dates.

Never forget that its these media jackals that almost deprived the Patriots of his services. Kraft wanted him after Parcells left; but he refused to step into this cross-fire. Thank God for Pete Carrol doing what he did or we'd have never gotten a second chance at him.

I watched it again and I want to apologize for saying he acted like a moron-I was wrong-he was OK. My screw-up.

Sorry people.

I think people are missing the point. It's not about intent, it's about perception. Obviously after the post game event of the SD-NE game there is a heightened awareness about anything to do with "class".

I do not feel that BB intentionally acted short or curt. Anyone who knows or is familiar with him will see that interview and think nothing of it. However, those who don't will see something completely different. Wilcots, Marino and Esiason, being in the national media will make more of the situation that it is.

BB was coming off of a hard fought tought loss. His actions IMO were justified considering the situation. I also feel that while LT went a little overboard in extending the "classless" comment to BB, he was equally justified in being pissed off after what some Patriot player did after their win. Again, LT just endured a hard fought tough loss. I think everyone should cut any losing team some slack.

Last edited:
There was absolutely nothing wrong--or even unexpected--with BB's interview. You could see the disappointment on his face--and what did Wilcots want, a happy grin? But his answers were typical BB--terse, but accurate. What bugged Wilcots is that BB didn't perform according to Wilcot's expectations. BFD.

Who cares about an interview?

If BB really failed to acknowledge Manning after the game, then I would be a little disappointed. You need to show respect to your fellow combatant after they've beaten you - that's the price of losing.

I think people are missing the point. It's not about intent, it's about perception. Obviously after the post game event of the SD-NE game there is a heightened awareness about anything to do with "class".

I do not feel that BB intentionally acted short or curt. Anyone who knows or is familiar with him will see that interview and think nothing of it. However, those who don't will see something completely different. Wilcots, Marino and Esiason, being in the national media will make more of the situation that it is.

BB was coming off of a hard fought tought loss. His actions IMO were justified considering the situation. I also feel that while LT went a little overboard in extending the "classless" comment to BB, he was equally justified in being pissed off after what some Patriot player did after their win. Again, LT just endured a hard fought tough loss. I think everyone should cut any losing team some slack.

There are several differences here, the most important being that LT (and Dennis Green, and Jim Mora, and Bill Parcells, and countless other players and coaches) did exactly what BB did not--shoot their mouth off after a terriblle disappointment. Tomlinson even continued it the next day. Many people on this board, including myself (look it up if you want) gave him a pass on his actions after the game, and were only annoyed that Belichick's name had to be brought into it at all. It was not his fault.

In response to another comment you made: I don't know if Belichick talked to Manning after the game or not. I do know that he talked to Dungy after the game. Isn't this the norm? Isn't this protocol? Players and players, coaches and coaches, unless the coach and player know each other personally? Did BB ever talk to Manning after the many heartbreaking wins? He was as gracious in defeat as he could be, given his persona and his passion.

whoever thinks this is classless is stupid. LT's after effects are lingering. NE took their team deep into the playoffs and after this year I would like to tip my hat to them, what a friggin year....boys, very impressive, very impressive. I would like to see any other organization lose talent like we do and continue to challenge for the SB.

The colts needed everything they had to get by us, we cleared our tank...and for that I am grateful towards my team. I wish I could just sit down, have a drink with the boys and say thanks for everything they do for us as fans. We are a doormat no more,have not been, nor will be for some time to come.

Who gives a sh!t what any other experts or opposing fans say...you don't like us???, you better address your own probelms first before you come whining....

Thanks guys for the great year, after I get over the initial depression of football being over for another year, a couple weeks/months go by and then I get excited about mini-camps, drafts etc. We are going to be fine, we have lost some pretty marquee players in the past and look at us, we continue to roll.

Every team knows they need everything to come an beat us in the playoffs, everything...and we will be back in these playoffs next year so you better bring your 'A' game ****ys

Thanks to my team, excellent excellent job men.

The morning crew on WEEI went off on BB's apparent lack of class this morning. It was horrible to listen to. More so than usual. In fact, I generally do not listen to D&C as a rule but the car was on WEEI this morning when I got in and I heard they were talking about BB. Every caller was wrong, D&C were right, BB is a classless "jack***".

The morning crew on WEEI went off on BB's apparent lack of class this morning. It was horrible to listen to. More so than usual. In fact, I generally do not listen to D&C as a rule but the car was on WEEI this morning when I got in and I heard they were talking about BB. Every caller was wrong, D&C were right, BB is a classless "jack***".

It's become common place for the media to attack BB these days. I just hope that his kids don't listen to sports radio. They seemed to be around the team a lot this year. If I had to listen to crap like that about my dad, I would be PISSED OFF.
I have ZERO respect for the media in this town. Mike Reiss is the only exception in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back