PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Solder already speaking like BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
It Is What It Is » Complete transcript of Nate Solder’s Q&A with the New England media

A sample; click on the link for more:

Were you surprised?
I was sitting there hoping and praying that they’d pick me, because it’s such a great organization.

How much contact did you have with them?
Fairly limited contact.

Did you come up for a visit?
I never came up for a visit.

Can you explain how that unfolded? You were scheduled to come up by it was cancelled?
I don’t know exactly what happened? I was scheduled to visit, but right before I left, it was cancelled. That’s all I know.

You were on your way to the airport?
Nope. It was the day before I was going to go it was cancelled.

What was going through your mind?
There’s been so many question marks going through my mind this whole process that i didn’t think anything of it.

Did that happen with other teams?
No it did not.

Did they come out to visit you?
Yes they did.

When did that happen?
Monday.

That was a classic misdirection by BB, show little interest in the guy he wanted all along so no one below would trade up and nab the guy they want.

That was a classic misdirection by BB, show little interest in the guy he wanted all along so no one below would trade up and nab the guy they want.

although I heard somewhere that first rounders have been polled in the past about how much contact they had with their team, to which they virtually all replied that they had very little if any contact.

Which makes sense for two reasons. 1) the obvious misinformation and 2) the fact that you want to bring in the players you're not sure about as opposed to the players you know are going to be good (which with limited time and resources you won't examine closely).

2) the fact that you want to bring in the players you're not sure about as opposed to the players you know are going to be good

Huh? Wouldn't you take a sure thing over an unknown?

Huh? Wouldn't you take a sure thing over an unknown?

By Bring in, he means have visit, not draft. If you know a guy is going to be good, there's no reason to bring him in for a visit, you're not learning anything. Its the guys who you're not sure about that you bring for visits.

By Bring in, he means have visit, not draft. If you know a guy is going to be good, there's no reason to bring him in for a visit, you're not learning anything. Its the guys who you're not sure about that you bring for visits.

Ah. Context fail on my part. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey